Burns - - - Karlsson
Giordano - - Rielly

Which team would win a 7 Game Series?
(Assuming equal goaltending)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The 2nd team has no centres lol.

Edit: Just realized what you are doing. Idk which flaw is bigger tbh.

Edit 2: I think the one with no centres is better. Having 6 guys who have never played defense trying to figure it out would be a disaster.

Last edited:

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Its a good poll with well made teams. I'm inclined to go WD here though. I just think its more likely that 4 guys can figure out the center position than it is 6 guys can figure out the defensive position, even if those 6 are generally defensively responsible.

I had to think about it for a bit, though.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Its a good poll with well made teams. I'm inclined to go WD here though. I just think its more likely that 4 guys can figure out the center position than it is 6 guys can figure out the defensive position, even if those 6 are generally defensively responsible.

I had to think about it for a bit, though.

These are my thoughts as well. The learning curve would be a lot steeper for Team C, which isn’t good in a 7 game series.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I think any of Wheeler, Benn, Kane and Marner could play C. Team D/W for sure.

Ovechkin-Kane-Rantanen
Gaudreau-Benn-Pastrnak
Marchand-Wheeler-Kucherov
Panarin-Marner-Forsberg

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
The 2nd team has no centres lol.

Edit: Just realized what you are doing. Idk which flaw is bigger tbh.

Edit 2: I think the one with no centres is better. Having 6 guys who have never played defense trying to figure it out would be a disaster.

Plus you do have Benn, Wheeler, Marner who have all played C at some point or level, there maybe others as well

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
This is a really good poll. Obviously, the most difficult adjustment here would be for the centers that have to play defense. Having said that, I'd still take the centers. This poll just goes to show how much better top end centers are than the rest of the players. While there might be some really good players among the Norris winners and high end wingers, they just can't compare to the likes of Crosby, McDavid, Tavares, and MacKinnon.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A team without centers would be awkward, but a team without defensemen would be more awkward.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Team C might be more talented, but I think it's team W&D. Playing defense as a center is probably a lot different than playing defense as a D. There's a reason commentators point out when a forward is the last man back defending

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad