Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Senators pick?

• Michael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (SWE)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

• Beckett Sennecke, RW, Oshawa (OHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I’ve watched the D in this draft pretty carefully. None live. All online.

I watched all of Silayev’s MHL playoffs last year. And a few KHL games this year and a couple MHL playoff games this year.

I’ve seen all of Dickinson and Parekh’s playoff games this year. Probably a dozen and a half Saginaw regular season games and a dozen London regular season games this year. I watched probably a dozen and a half Calgary regular season games this year. Yakemchuk didn’t make the playoffs sadly.

Saw all of Buium’s WJC games and his NCAA tournament games and maybe 3-4 regular season games. Levshunov only 3-4 regular season games, and his tournament games.

I like Buium and Dickinson the most. I’ve got Levshunov and Yakemchuk in my next tier. Them Parekh and Silayev in a 3rd tier.

Having said all of that, watching a bunch of games is fine and all but it doesn’t mean my opinion is worth much. Haha. I’m not a scout! :)
Do you think it makes a difference whether your viewing live or online with the same amount of care in your scouting for both?

I’ve always thought it would be better to do an analysis on a player where you’re able to review a clip and break it down better as opposed to watching it live.

Obviously the optimal solution for single player targeting would be to do both.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
This seems like a pretty good outcome

I think the draft should guarantee us one of Lindstrom Iginla Silayev or Dickinson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I think the draft should guarantee us one of Lindstrom Iginla Silayev or Dickinson
I'd add Buium, I'd take him ahead of Dickenson but could see others disagreeing.

I think Celebrini and Demidov are surefire gone, but after that? Bob's list has Silayev ahead of Levshunov, so who knows...

Reactions: Icelevel

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020

Add Catton, Yakemchuk, Seneke, and Perekh to the list of players that will be likely available and which I have zero problem with the sens taking. Good arguments for the whole group of 11 or so players being available/going at our pick. Even if we don’t find the absolute best one we need them to at least be good.

Reactions: aragorn

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
One thing I have learned - the consensus here is often the wrong pick, especially in the top 10.
Yakemchuk with that many votes is wild
Not really....look what Pronman says in today's mock: Yakemchuk has a wide range of opinions within teams, some have him as their No. 1 defenseman, some as their 6th or 7th ranked blueliner. That said the big-time skill and upside fit the profile Philadelphia would be likely to target. Catton and Iginla make a lot of sense here as well.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
One thing I have learned - the consensus here is often the wrong pick, especially in the top 10.

Not really....look what Pronman says in today's mock: Yakemchuk has a wide range of opinions within teams, some have him as their No. 1 defenseman, some as their 6th or 7th ranked blueliner. That said the big-time skill and upside fit the profile Philadelphia would be likely to target. Catton and Iginla make a lot of sense here as well.
That falls in line with what McKenzie just told us, 2 scouts in the top 5 and 8 scouts out of the top 10. Pronman has had Yakemchuk 3rd overall since November. He's been his "guy" that he's been pumping since September, he has a guy like this every draft. Him having him go 12th in his own mock is telling

Last edited:
Reactions: Senator Stanley

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
That falls in line with what McKenzie just told us, 2 scouts in the top 5 and 8 scouts out of the top 10. Pronman has had Yakemchuk 3rd overall since November. He's been his "guy" that he's been pumping since September, he has a guy like this every draft. Him having him go 12th in his own mock is telling
Yes, so in a highly polarized draft, you are probably going get a lot of variation and perhaps some surprises in the top ten. Let's just hope that surprise is Ottawa taking Yakemchuck.

Teams are just finalizing their lists about now anyway. The rumour mill will pick up and mock drafts will become a little more informed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The odd thing to me is Silayev doesn't fit the typical profile for a "hfsens" consensus pick, maybe being 6'7 or us being a disaster defensively has us breaking the mold

I'd have expected Catton, Iginla and Parekh to be popular choices.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Yeah i mean there are three choices there. Silayev, Yakemchuk and Parekh. Id like the big guy.

Yakemchuk?
Eiserman, we haven't had a pure goal scorer since Hoffman. Would be nice to have a player that can help the team sooner than later with this draft..

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yes, so in a highly polarized draft, you are probably going get a lot of variation and perhaps some surprises in the top ten. Let's just hope that surprise is Ottawa taking Yakemchuck.

Teams are just finalizing their lists about now anyway. The rumour mill will pick up and mock drafts will become a little more informed.
Would be close to worst case scenario for me at 7

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
Eiserman, we haven't had a pure goal scorer since Hoffman. Would be nice to have a player that can help the team sooner than later with this draft..

Drafting Eiserman at 7 would be a disaster. He's a complete black-hole when he isn't shooting the puck.

I'm not a Yakemchuck fan. He strikes me as a D-man from an era of the NHL that doesn't exist anymore. Big, mean, big shot and some offensive flair, but secretly bad defensively. But people will think he's good defensively because he can clear a crease. Bryan McCabe. Sheldon Souray. Adrian Aucoin.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I think Parekh is chosen based on being RD and high end skill. I'm not really sure I'd love that pick though, nor do I think it really moves the needle much for the team. We need less d-men that are on the smaller end / purely offensive. To me those players have high bust potential and we've seen guys like Barrie/Krug generally don't perform well in the playoffs.

If we're picking D, bigger is better so long as they can skate. Personally think we are desperately in need of high end forwards. The problem is going to get worse when Giroux retires. Probably need two top 6 guys in the short-term.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Heavy leaning towards Silayev.. I do hope he drops .. still no guarantee the Sens pick him.

It's easy to see Buium and Levshunov going earlier. Lindstrom and Demidov as well. Not sure of the order and Silayev could go as well but if he slides by the top 4. I think Montreal goes a forward. They would take Lindstrom or Demidov in a case where Silayev went (2,3,4). There could be a surprise in there as well. Columbus could go in any direction. Chicago could go D as well.

Reactions: WallyD and DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Lets hope its not. lol

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The only real rock solid predictions I'd make for the draft at this point are:

1. Celebrini #1

2. Levshunov and Demidov are gone by the time we pick.

Everything else seems really up in the air. Scouts have their work cut out. No Stutzle-like slam dunk picks.

Reactions: Oscar The Grouch

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I just dont understand why you think another Hoffman would help this team in any way right now. Thats really not the type of player you win with. They also already have skilled perimeter forwards. Eiserman is the last player the sens should be looking at. This is one of the softest teams in the league. Undersized one dimensional scoring wingers are probably the easiest asset to acquire in hockey. I also dont understand the mind set of prioritizing the speed in which people want the player to start contributing. What matters is getting the best player. The player that projects to being the best player. This team is no where close to winning a stanley cup.

Drafting Eiserman at 7 would be a disaster. He's a complete black-hole when he isn't shooting the puck.

I'm not a Yakemchuck fan. He strikes me as a D-man from an era of the NHL that doesn't exist anymore. Big, mean, big shot and some offensive flair, but secretly bad defensively. But people will think he's good defensively because he can clear a crease. Bryan McCabe. Sheldon Souray. Adrian Aucoin.
He has tremendous edges and skill, his breakout pass is also elite. Secondly all the teams with big D cores are winning and going deep into the playoffs. He has all the tools to be an all around every situation D man. If anything the NHL is prioritizing size again. His development curve is going to be a longer one, the tools are tantalizing.

Look at the difference of how Vancouver is handling Mcdavid and L.A. Vancouver has a monster D core outside of their elite puck movers who skate very well. L.A was on the smallish side and he ate them up. He even talked about how hard it was to play against.

Reactions: Butchy Dakkar

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I just dont understand why you think another Hoffman would help this team in any way right now. Thats really not the type of player you win with. They also already have skilled perimeter forwards. Eiserman is the last player the sens should be looking at. This is one of the softest teams in the league. Undersized one dimensional scoring wingers are probably the easiest asset to acquire in hockey. I also dont understand the mind set of prioritizing the speed in which people want the player to start contributing. What matters is getting the best player. The player that projects to being the best player. This team is no where close to winning a stanley cup.
I hope Norris gets back to full health, if he doesn't we're missing a huge weapon on the PP

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Where is Buium & Iginla on this poll & why is Freij & Jiricek in the poll, they are way outside the top 10? So far 76 votes for 7 different players & if we added Buium & Iginla I would guess they would get some votes too. Apparently there is no concensus as to who is the BPA at 7 or anywhere else after #1 in this draft. Teams will be all over the place as well IMO.

This poll seems to be coming down to the 5 defencemen Silayev LD, Dickinson LD, Parekh RD & Yakemchuk RD, two LD & two RD & maybe Buium LD is in there as well. A couple of these guys could be gone by the time the Sens pick & who knows who will be left on the board when the Sens choice comes up. Parekh RD & Buium LD are two highly skilled D who are smaller than the other three, Dickinson & Yakemchuk are about the same size, same skillset & very close in pts. Silayev LD is the biggest D, good skater, good defensively, just not sure how much offence he can bring, but looks like a solid pick as well.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Where is Buium & Iginla on this poll & why is Freij & Jiricek in the poll, they are way outside the top 10? So far 76 votes for 7 different players & if we added Buium & Iginla I would guess they would get some votes too. Apparently there is no concensus as to who is the BPA at 7 or anywhere else after #1 in this draft. Teams will be all over the place as well IMO.

This poll seems to be coming down to the 5 defencemen Silayev LD, Dickinson LD, Parekh RD & Yakemchuk RD, two LD & two RD & maybe Buium LD is in there as well. A couple of these guys could be gone by the time the Sens pick & who knows who will be left on the board when the Sens choice comes up. Parekh RD & Buium LD are two highly skilled D who are smaller than the other three, Dickinson & Yakemchuk are about the same size, same skillset & very close in pts. Silayev LD is the biggest D, good skater, good defensively, just not sure how much offence he can bring, but looks like a solid pick as well.

They were already picked. Those are the players that are left. Its a board wide mock draft. In order this is how I would list them.

1. Silayev 2. Yakemchuk 3. Parekh

Personally dont think its going to go the way it has in the mock. I see it like this which i honestly dont like. I think Chicago is gonna go RHD, I think Verbeek isnt passing on the 6'7 russian D man he loves his size and physicality plus he is likely BPA and they have youth everywhere. Columbus just goes BPA. Montreal gets the pick of the forwards. I think Staios and Andlauer know the OHL really well I suspect it will be Dickinson or Parehk. Thats the pick I am least sure about along with which forward Montreal takes but

1. Celebrini - San jose
2. Levshunov - Chicago
3. Silayev - Anaheim
4. Buium - Columbus
5. Lindstrom - Montreal
6. Demidov - Arizona
7. Dickinson - Ottawa
8. Yakemchuk - Seattle
9. Iginla - Calgary
10. Connelly - New Jersey
11. Parekh - Buffalo
12. Catton - Philly