Team Board Mock Draft

Who Will The Duck Pick

• Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Berkly Catton, F, Spokane (WHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam Dickinson, D, London (OHL)

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Cole Eiserman, LW, Boston University (NCAA)

• Konsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

• Artyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

Votes: 40 65.6%
  • Cayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Zanye Parekh, D, Saginaw (OHL)

• Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod (KHL)

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I see big center, I choose big center.

We take bruising Cayden Lindstrom and later we grab Yegor Surin to double down on the power forward aspect by having potentially two of the best specimen in recent years. These are the guys you win with.

Reactions: Dirk316

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I voted Silayev but I could see taking him, Levshunov or Lindstrom, perhaps Dickinson. Wouldn't be shocked or upset with Buium or Catton but see them as unlikely. Also noted that one scout had Helenius third overall in Bob McK's ranking, can't shake the thought that it was one of ours, nor do I hate the idea if they really are that high on him. But I feel like the most likely are one of the first four mentioned, all big bodies with a ton of upside.

Reactions: DuckTech

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Tough choice for me between Levshunov and Silayev. I picked the former but would be ok with the latter. In any event, if Levshunov goes 2OA I would hope and pray that the Ducks take Demidov.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Tough choice for me between Levshunov and Silayev. I picked the former but would be ok with the latter. In any event, if Levshunov goes 2OA I would hope and pray that the Ducks take Demidov.
Thats basically where my heads at

Top scenario
1. Celebrini 2. Demidov 3. Levshunov(wouldnt hate buium/saliyev)

2nd Scenario
1. Celebrini 2. Levshunov 3. Demidov(wouldnt hate Buium/saliyev)

If we do go with Demidov... i feel like we have to go hard after a RHD in free agency/trade tho.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Even though I'm not sold on him, I think the Ducks take Levshunov. But I wouldn't be surprised by Buium, Saliyev, or Lindstrom.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Thats basically where my heads at

Top scenario
1. Celebrini 2. Demidov 3. Levshunov(wouldnt hate buium/saliyev)

2nd Scenario
1. Celebrini 2. Levshunov 3. Demidov(wouldnt hate Buium/saliyev)

If we do go with Demidov... i feel like we have to go hard after a RHD in free agency/trade tho.
Even if the Ducks do take Levshunov they are almost certainly going to go after a RHD this summer.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Saliyev. I just don't know enough to distinguish between all the D so I'm taking the big guy and hope he becomes our Chara.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Voted Silayev but I'd be happy also with Levshunov/Demidov/Buium. The rest i'm meh on at #3.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Generally agree but that is what everyone thought about Fantilli last year!

Yet Verbeek is adamant on defensemen staying on their shooting side and we're lacking top-end RD in our system. We're hoping Luneau fully recovers from his knee infection, but it took Luneau two seasons to recover the last time he had problems with his knees (he had knee surgery).

The other factor is Lev can produce offensively and defensively. Silayev is a shutdown d-man at the moment. Just like the Fantilli vs Carlsson debate, Carlsson brought a bit more to the ice.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Yet Verbeek is adamant on defensemen staying on their shooting side and we're lacking top-end RD in our system. We're hoping Luneau fully recovers from his knee infection, but it took Luneau two seasons to recover the last time he had problems with his knees (he had knee surgery).

The other factor is Lev can produce offensively and defensively. Silayev is a shutdown d-man at the moment. Just like the Fantilli vs Carlsson debate, Carlsson brought a bit more to the ice.
Agree but PV doesn't do the obvious very often. I'm particularly looking forward to being shocked/disappointed at the Ducks pick if Levshunov goes 2OA.

Reactions: Son of Gib

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Well if they do pick Silayev it means someone plays on their offside.
Ducks did fine with Beauchemin playing RD in 07 and he was only 5'11.
Silayev/Zellweger ?

Reactions: tomd

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

Zellweger and LaCombe spent large amounts of time on their off side this season. That doesn't sound adamant to me.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Zellweger and LaCombe spent large amounts of time on their off side this season. That doesn't sound adamant to me.

Yes, but you also said you don't listen to Verbeek so why insert your thoughts at all if you find no hypocrisy in the GM's word. Verbeek did say he's going to get a top-6 RW and a top-4 RD. Why specify side at all?

You gotta be consistent here.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
So difficult to pick among the defensemen... now I know why it's easier to go with a forward with a top 3 pick and why even guys like Doughty and Hedman went 2nd.

I wanted Lindstrom but I'm scared off from his injuries and poor playoffs. It might be safer to go with Demidov if he is available. But each of the top 6 defensemen has a deficiency that could be a concern. We often see that top forwards are normally selected high, but top defensemen can be found outside the 1st, so that is why if there is no obvious defensemen for us, I'd prefer to go with the safe route in picking a forward and letting our scouts mine for defensemen later in the draft (which they are good at, but not so much with forwards).

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Yes, but you also said you don't listen to Verbeek so why insert your thoughts at all if you find no hypocrisy in the GM's word. Verbeek did say he's going to get a top-6 RW and a top-4 RD. Why specify side at all?

You gotta be consistent here.
Consistent in that I don't assume that what Verbeek says is what's going to happen. He says he wants guys on their natural sides, but Zell and LaCombe aren't. He says he's going to let the young guys marinate, but they are immediately brought to the Ducks. I'm looking at what actually happens, not what he says in some presser. I guess you can interpret that as hypocrisy. Or it could be GM speak-telling fans and the media what he thinks they want to hear. You know-"I love our manager and his job is safe." Guy is fired shortly afterwards. "Joe QB is our starter and we have full confidence in him." QB is benched the next week. This is what these guys do.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
When Fantilli showed up in an eggplant colored suit, I was even more certain he was our guy. It made it feel surreal when we drafted Leo.
Fantilli looked like he was expecting it too. He had a look of disappointment on his face when Verbeek made the pick. I'll try to find it.

Around minute 27:30 or so is the second overall pick behind the scenes stuff. He definitely perks up when it's our turn to pick and looks clearly disappointed when Pat said Leo's name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad