• Maxim Strbak, D, Sioux Falls Stampede

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Koehn Ziemmer,RW, Prince George Cougars

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
It seems like there are always a lot of D fitting that profile available in the second round. Not sure things but close enough where you'd come out ahead picking up a couple of them there and taking a bigger swing with the 1st.
You can, it's a deep draft, but you have to also look ahead and our D isn't a young D, Most of them will be 33ish if and when these D prospects are ready. Maybe a year or two more of veteran/rookie pairings after that but we will need a youth influx so I would not be adverse to picking D in the first AND second rounds.
The best forwards are all in the top 12-15 or so and at 20 it's a little more hit and miss. This is why I'd still go for Bonk, and maybe D the next round as well. Mind you if Perreault is still there at 20 I'm taking him. I think he will be good and if he slips due to his size I'd take that chance.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I have Willander and Simashev as potential top pair guys. I think they both have a very good chance of being #2 type D, as in they'll do everything except score big points.

Those are easy best picks for us if they make it to #20.

If we're talking about real high end wings then I agree. I think Daniil But will be that. Cristall has a chance too.

Second line caliber wings are the easiest player type to get though. Much easier than second pair D.

I don't think that highly of Simashev.

The reason for that listing is mostly because of some advanced stats that project offensive numbers for Simashev that aren't there yet.

The problem I've got with that is not advanced stats but rather that he's shown absolutely nothing like that on the stat sheet.

Willlander I had brought up here before but I doubt he's going to be available at #20 thanks to his great U-18 tournament with Sweden.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think that highly of Simashev.

The reason for that listing is mostly because of some advanced stats that project offensive numbers for Simashev that aren't there yet.

The problem I've got with that is not advanced stats but rather that he's shown absolutely nothing like that on the stat sheet.

Willlander I had brought up here before but I doubt he's going to be available at #20 thanks to his great U-18 tournament with Sweden.

I have made the point every time Simashev has come up that I'm not a believer in his scoring tools, and that's why I don't think he'll be a #1D or one who plays on the PP in the NHL. But if you're tilting the ice with great two way play in transition then you're already worth more than even many topline wingers. I think that's big value at pick #20.

Reactions: Kevinsane

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I'd take Bonk too!Really like Wood but he'll be long gone unless scouts are scared off because of "skating" issues

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
My guess is Cristall if he is available. Not that I know anything about evaluating teenage hockey players, I don't, but he seems to have gone higher than the other available players on some of the mock drafts that I have perused.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
If the draft played out like this, I'd hope Seattle takes Ritchie. Gulyayev would be an interesting choice too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00