Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Went with Honzek.
Really like his combination of size, skating and that really good shot.

Went with Cristall. Seems like the most high-end prospect available.

I wouldn't totally hate(you've got to swing for the fences at #20 and he's got offensive upside) it but I'm just not a fan if his skating and I'm not sure it can be fixed.

BTW: Looking at that list.
If you really want to swing for the fences you'd probably take Daniil But and just don't care about the russian factor.

But's 6'5 with a great scoring touch etc.

Last edited:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Went with Honzek.
Really like his combination of size, skating and that really good shot.

I wouldn't totally hate(you've got to swing for the fences at #20 and he's got offensive upside) it but I'm just not a fan if his skating and I'm not sure it can be fixed.

BTW: Looking at that list.
If you really want to swing for the fences you'd probably take Daniil But and just don't care about the russian factor.

But's 6'5 with a great scoring touch etc.
The thing I read about Cristall is that the piece missing from his toolset is high end speed. His edge work actually appears to be one of his strengths. Part of the speculation around that is that he has not filled up and does not have enough lower body strength to get that top end speed. He may never be a speedster but could potentially get to a above-average speed and would do great with the other skills he already has.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
The thing I read about Cristall is that the piece missing from his toolset is high end speed. His edge work actually appears to be one of his strengths. Part of the speculation around that is that he has not filled up and does not have enough lower body strength to get that top end speed. He may never be a speedster but could potentially get to a above-average speed and would do great with the other skills he already has.

Well, Pronman has him at #68 and actually hates his skating.

Like I've said, I wouldn't hate it but I'm a bit unsure about him.
Though, maybe the team thinks they can fix that and with Jess Campbell there's a coach already in the system that started out as a skating coach.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well, Pronman has him at #68 and actually hates his skating.

Like I've said, I wouldn't hate it but I'm a bit unsure about him.
Though, maybe the team thinks they can fix that and with Jess Campbell there's a coach already in the system that started out as a skating coach.
Interesting. Cristall is also listed in the top-10 by some other scouting reports so it really comes down to how much faith the organization that drafts him in improving his skating.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I went with bonk cause i feel he won't be there when we pick the 2nd round with out trading up.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Went with Daniil But who is around 12th on my list. I have Musty a couple spots ahead but for the Kraken specifically I want the team to stick with the high compete team concept, and Daniil But fits that better than Musty.

But is a lot like Val Nichushkin but more skilled in some ways, very soft touch on his passes. He might be our top passer, which would be remarkable for a 6'5 guy. But keeps up the high speed high pressure game the Kraken like at 5v5, and very importantly he can run a PP as halfwall playmaker - reminds me of Blake Wheeler in that regard. The team could really use that.

I had Oliver Bonk around 30th on my list, I didn't realize there were this many people who had him higher! I only had two viewings of Bonk and one was way better than the other, so I really don't know. I can't say anyone is wrong to like him here.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Went with Daniil But who is around 12th on my list. I have Musty a couple spots ahead but for the Kraken specifically I want the team to stick with the high compete team concept, and Daniil But fits that better than Musty.

But is a lot like Val Nichushkin but more skilled in some ways, very soft touch on his passes. He might be our top passer, which would be remarkable for a 6'5 guy. But keeps up the high speed high pressure game the Kraken like at 5v5, and very importantly he can run a PP as halfwall playmaker - reminds me of Blake Wheeler in that regard. The team could really use that.

I had Oliver Bonk around 30th on my list, I didn't realize there were this many people who had him higher! I only had two viewings of Bonk and one was way better than the other, so I really don't know. I can't say anyone is wrong to like him here.

Well, it seems like some non Kraken fans are really high on us taking Bonk. :eyeroll:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Well, it seems like some non Kraken fans are really high on us taking Bonk. :eyeroll:

Not a Kraken fan, but I find it fun to check other boards draft topics, see what is their perspective on specific prospects. And I've noticed quite a few fans from other teams voting on players in the team board mock draft topics. However, the other teams got a lot more votes in the polls, negating 'bad votes'. Here it actually seems like it will decide who will be your pick. Hopefully @Hasbro noticed. Out of the 4 votes for Bonk, two of them are from a Wild and Preds fan. Cristall got a vote from a Pens fan, Heidt a Vancouver fan, Sale a Blues fan.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Voting on other team's mock draft picks is just sad. I'm a Sharks fan, so I don't vote on any other team board (though I am interested in following the results, that's what the 'View results' button is for).

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Not a Kraken fan, but I find it fun to check other boards draft topics, see what is their perspective on specific prospects. And I've noticed quite a few fans from other teams voting on players in the team board mock draft topics. However, the other teams got a lot more votes in the polls, negating 'bad votes'. Here it actually seems like it will decide who will be your pick. Hopefully @Hasbro noticed. Out of the 4 votes for Bonk, two of them are from a Wild and Preds fan. Cristall got a vote from a Pens fan, Heidt a Vancouver fan, Sale a Blues fan.

I’m impressed you’re paying attention that closely.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
At 20 the Kraken should get a pretty good player me thinks and some decent to good players in the second round with the 3 choices(50th,52nd and 57th) I believe! I like Wood(F) at 20th or Simashev(LD) and Bonk(RD),Lindstein(LD) and Dragicevic(RD) with their 2nd rounders!As anyone can see I went Defense heavy to build the foundation of the defense with this draft leaving next year country to draft mainly Offensive players that can score and make plays

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
At 20 the Kraken should get a pretty good player me thinks and some decent to good players in the second round with the 3 choices(50th,52nd and 57th) I believe! I like Wood(F) at 20th or Simashev(LD) and Bonk(RD),Lindstein(LD) and Dragicevic(RD) with their 2nd rounders!As anyone can see I went Defense heavy to build the foundation of the defense with this draft leaving next year country to draft mainly Offensive players that can score and make plays

Only problem with that is that this years draft is not all that good at defense prospects but rather very deep(and good) at the wing.

Next years draft seems to have quite a few interesting defensive prospects....

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Only problem with that is that this years draft is not all that good at defense prospects but rather very deep(and good) at the wing.

Yeah. Go with BPA. If that happens to be one of the D-men available, I would be thrilled because so far, the scouting team has done a good enough job.

I am not sure if Bonk, Dragicevic make it to our 2nd round pick. I am hoping that we are a bit aggressive in the 2nd round and move up to get one of those D-men IF they end up dropping. That being said, with the success we have had so far in the 2 years with our 2nd round picks, they may just go with the quantity as there has been quality too.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022

Very good then maybe the Kraken will go Offense(1st rounder) then Defense(50th pick) then Offense(52nd) again with BPA available at 57th! Its going to be exciting to see the Kraken at their third draft with multiple picks(3) in the second round and 6th rounder and single in all other rounds. I really like that they have 3 picks inside 8 selections in the Second round,they could really "Hit it out of the Ball Park"!

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I'd go Bonk. He will take about 3 years to develop and won't end up a top pairing but he also seems like a sure thing as a middle defender.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd go Bonk. He will take about 3 years to develop and won't end up a top pairing but he also seems like a sure thing as a middle defender.

It seems like there are always a lot of D fitting that profile available in the second round. Not sure things but close enough where you'd come out ahead picking up a couple of them there and taking a bigger swing with the 1st.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Very good then maybe the Kraken will go Offense(1st rounder) then Defense(50th pick) then Offense(52nd) again with BPA available at 57th! Its going to be exciting to see the Kraken at their third draft with multiple picks(3) in the second round and 6th rounder and single in all other rounds. I really like that they have 3 picks inside 8 selections in the Second round,they could really "Hit it out of the Ball Park"!

I think that's more realistic.

It seems very forward(wing) heavy this year and there should be a very good one(or two, maybe three) available at #20.

On defense the only guy that is projected as a possible first pairing defenseman is Reinbacher and he won't be there past #10, IMO.
Other guys might be Sandin-Pelikka and Tom Willander but neither of them is projected as a top pairing guy.

There should also be guys available to us in round two.

You can find "middle defenders" in the 2nd round or relatively cheap in free agency(or trades) just like we did with Larsson, Oleksiak(both were signed for the expansion draft) or Schultz last offseason.

At #20 you take BPA and go for it. Especially with all those wingers this year and the fact we dont's have a high end wing(maybe one of the 2nd rounders we took can become one) in our system.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think that's more realistic.

It seems very forward(wing) heavy this year and there should be a very good one(or two, maybe three) available at #20.

On defense the only guy that is projected as a possible first pairing defenseman is Reinbacher and he won't be there past #10, IMO.
Other guys might be Sandin-Pelikka and Tom Willander but neither of them is projected as a top pairing guy.

There should also be guys available to us in round two.

I have Willander and Simashev as potential top pair guys. I think they both have a very good chance of being #2 type D, as in they'll do everything except score big points.

Those are easy best picks for us if they make it to #20.

You can find "middle defenders" in the 2nd round or relatively cheap in free agency(or trades) just like we did with Larsson, Oleksiak(both were signed for the expansion draft) or Schultz last offseason.

At #20 you take BPA and go for it. Especially with all those wingers this year and the fact we dont's have a high end wing(maybe one of the 2nd rounders we took can become one) in our system.

If we're talking about real high end wings then I agree. I think Daniil But will be that. Cristall has a chance too.

Second line caliber wings are the easiest player type to get though. Much easier than second pair D.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00