• Olen Zellweger (D) Everett Silvertips

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I like Zach L'Heureux's attitude. He just seems like he's always the one who's happy to be at the rink. We would be quite fortunate to get him, for sure.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I like Zach L'Heureux's attitude. He just seems like he's always the one who's happy to be at the rink. We would be quite fortunate to get him, for sure.
I’ll second that. His skill level is high for this point in the draft and to get someone who could possibly have a Tkachuk level impact at #27 is a gift. Better than getting a 3C type who will never leave the AHL anyway.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
The high ceiling is certainly there, but beware a kid getting suspended for 13 games via 4 seperate infractions during his draft year. If y'all thought Kadri was bad...

Reactions: Patagonia

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
Samoskevich so in 5 years we're not discussing how another Pasternak type player was available near the end of the 1st rd and the Avs didn't draft him.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Stanislav Svozil

2020 NHL Draft #21: Stanislav Svozil Scouting Report

Debated between Svozil vs L'Heureux. Sakic recent history focused on IQ, attitude and skating. Positional need would be secondary. Forward is the greater need, especially 2C.

L'Heureux is a powerful LW with attitude that includes multiple suspensions hurting his draft position. He has all the tools and possibly future Landy replacement, but doesn't the solve greater need at C. Former teammate of last year's pick Barron which could help in the transition. Boom/Bust pick.

Svozil is a LHD and joined the Czech Mens league at 16 (might be the youngest in history). He has high IQ, excellent skater and continues to get better. He plays a similar game as Provolov, but being so young is likely 3 years away. However, potential is huge and would be timed after Toews contact ends and Byram/Girard replaces the 1D role.

I preferred 2C or G, but with few options remaining in this range. Samoskevich is the other C option, but believe ranking is inflated due to being in NA. DMan is more important than Winger and greater need. IQ and attitude is also important and with the ongoing Kadri problems is fairly minor compared to a player with constant suspensions. Svozil is underrated due to playing overseas and travel restrictions. Potential is huge and Svozil would be my pick.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The high ceiling is certainly there, but beware a kid getting suspended for 13 games via 4 seperate infractions during his draft year. If y'all thought Kadri was bad...
He is going to have to control it better but the Q hands out suspensions like candy. Barron got suspended once this year too and would have another but he was the first altercation in a line brawl, which was one of the ones L’Heureux got caught up in. So there’s a little context there.

Yeah the Avs would have to be willing to live in the grey area a little with him but if you want to get tougher and more physical you can’t clutch the pearls while doing it.

Was not a fan of Svozil at the u18. Way too raw to be a first rounder and not that high skill level to gamble on refinement.

Reactions: The Merchant

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This might be better suited to the draft thread, so if the mods want to move, feel free.

I wouldn't say Svozil is a high IQ guy. There are many times he doesn't seem to know which decision to make and it causes problems in his game. I also wouldn't say he is an excellent skater, at least not at this point. Moving forward he is solid to good, a bit choppy and inefficient... but with some work that should refine out. Any time he's moving backwards, he is on his heels with poor form and that leads to his gaps getting away from him.

L'Heureux is a good prospect that you're going to have to live with his crazy. The guy literally got suspended for spitting on a player. I don't think he's nearly as skilled as Marchand, but the pesky qualities are nice and he's skilled enough to have a shot at a middle 6 role. At his size though, his antics are going to get the crap beat out of him a few times.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
One thing we know about L’Hereux is he’s a player the Avs have scouting since he’s a member of The Herd!;)

Do we know that? He was in Moncton last season, scouting was pretty limited this season, and Barron would be a guy more on the development side where Clark would be more in contact.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
I didn't get to see any of the above prospects play. On a scale of 1-10, what is L'Heureux's offensive upside??? Does he have any offensive skill that would translate to the NHL? I'd want at least some offensive ability from a first round pick, even at #27.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I didn't get to see any of the above prospects play. On a scale of 1-10, what is L'Heureux's offensive upside??? Does he have any offensive skill that would translate to the NHL? I'd want at least some offensive ability from a first round pick, even at #27.
Yes he’s a skilled player, I think Pronman even said he’s a top 5 in skill in this draft. Button said he’s elite skill with elite physicality. I think both of them might be overselling it a touch but this draft does not have a ton of raw skill to begin with. We aren’t talking Pettersen here or anything but L’Heureux is legit in this range by skill alone. We aren’t talking ourselves into a try hard face puncher and hoping he can find some puck skill. So idk 7? He’s got legit middle six upside I’d say.

Reactions: LTC Pain

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am with Hench in terms of that Samoskevich is the most interesting player on that list easily. I think Avs have gotten some good results from their NCAA products and they should continue with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00