• Olen Zellweger (D) Everett Silvertips

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Personally, I'd go hard for Simon Robertsson out of that remaining crop. I have him at the edge of my personal top ten. Incredibly intelligent player that IMO is undervalued because of the lack of ice time usually given to teenagers in the SHL. Just for transparency, this is my personal top-ten:

1. Beniers
2. Eklund
3. Lysell
4. Clarke
5. Wallstedt
6. Hughes
7. Power
8. Johnson
9. Raty
10. Robertsson

Last edited:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I have a feeling Dundon will look at recent history in the NHL and he will be insisting on arguments against Logan Stankoven that do not mention his size.

They could still take Robertson, who scouts say has a good shot as well. But i think Dundon sees an opportunity to get great talent because he’s small and will push for it.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
I have a feeling Dundon will look at recent history in the NHL and he will be insisting on arguments against Logan Stankoven that do not mention his size.

They could still take Robertson, who scouts say has a good shot as well. But i think Dundon sees an opportunity to get great talent because he’s small and will push for it.

I love Stankoven, too, but I think that you are underrating Robertsson like a lot of folks are. Many are pegging him as this low ceiling-high floor guy, but I see it as the opposite. He's got the intelligence on both sides of the ice to play a top-6 role in the NHL IMO, but the question is if his level of play translates to SHL stats next season, not dissimilar to Lysell (though they're VERY different players).

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
rankings are all over the place for guys like Robertsson, Lysell, etc. its hard to say who is the best option. Stankoven is my pick but dobber prospects loves Robertsson.

if we had another 1st or a high 2nd pick, I would take a chance on L’Heureux. That guy has handles, grit and a shot.

Reactions: DaveG

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
rankings are all over the place for guys like Robertsson, Lysell, etc. its hard to say who is the best option. Stankoven is my pick but dobber prospects loves Robertsson.

if we had another 1st or a high 2nd pick, I would take a chance on L’Heureux. That guy has handles, grit and a shot.

My good Twitter DM buddy Will Scouch should convince you to go Robertsson:

Reactions: Bridgeburner96

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Like bleed has been saying for a while, this low in the draft I don’t really recognize anybody. It’s just a list of names.
So my logic is to pick the best name. And since Chaz Lucius is off the board, Stankoven wins by default.

LOL IDK. I find the Germanic double "ss" in Robertsson to be pretty cool, too, if we're going by that metric.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
My favorite name in the draft, though, is possible late rounder Bennet Roßmy. You won't see many names out there with the German eszett in it.

Bennet Roßmy at eliteprospects.com
He’d be ideal if they actually let him put ß on his nameplate. I’m now picturing some half drunk guy with a real thick southern accent asking “what kinda name is Robmy anyway?”

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
He’d be ideal if they actually let him put ß on his nameplate. I’m now picturing some half drunk guy with a real thick southern accent asking “what kinda name is Robmy anyway?”

I mean, in the long shot that he ever made it as an NHLer, they probably would if Lafrenière is allowed the accent grave on his jersey.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Stankoven has been called a bowling ball who fearlessly attacks the slot as well as "superhuman" offensively. He has dropped due to size and we all know what Dundon feels on that account.

I'd go Stankoven or L'Heureux (Rees 2.0). Othmann, Svozil, and Olausson are three others in the Canes wheelhouse. Koivunen looks like a potential Aho, I'd be pumped if they picked him that high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad