Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Who will Nashville pick?

1.:sabres Owen Power (D) Univ. of Michigan

2. :seattle Matthew Beniers (C) Univ. of Michigan

3. :ducksLuke Hughes (D) U.S. National U18 Team

4. :devilsBrandt Clarke (D) HC Nove Zamky

5. :cbjMason McTavish (C) Olten

6.:wingsSimon Edvinsson (D) Frölunda HC

7. :sharksWilliam Eklund (C/LW) Djurgårdens

8. :kingsDylan Guenther (LW/RW) Edmonton Oil Kings

9.:nucksKent Johnson (C) Univ. of Michigan

10. :sensChaz Lucius (C) U.S. National U18 Team

12. :hawksFabian Lysell (RW) Luleå

13. :flamesCole Sillinger (C) Sioux Falls Stampede

14. :flyersMatthew Coronato (LW) Chicago Steel

15. :starsCarson Lambos (D) JYP U20

16.:rangers Jesper Wallstedt (G) Luleå HF

17.:bluesFyodor Svechkov (W/C) Ladia Togliatti

18. :jets Corson Ceulemans (D) Brooks Bandits

19. :nashvilleNikita Chibrikov (LW/RW) SKA St. Petersburg

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Interesting that Svechkov, Lysell, Coronato, Lambos, and Ceulemans are already gone, some players we have maybe talked about a little here. Even Sillinger. Wow. I would probably go Chibrikov at this point if the draft goes that way. :dunno:
:GWC:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
None of us on this board know enough about prospects this far down the board.

Sign me up for BPA that is above 6 foot and 170 lbs. obviously not taking a goalie.
I think that goes without saying. Reading 5 draft previews is still enough to go ahead and pick the guy you want in a Mock Draft poll on a hockey message board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scoresberg

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Raty is an interesting player. At one point it was thought he'd have a chance at going 1st overall. I think I'll have to go with Stankoven though.

Yeah, he had some good hype two years ago but has fallen off hard since. Lots of red flags in his game but I guess with patient developing you could find a middle-six center in there.

He's adequate defensively and was badly misused last year in Finland. But I'm having a hard time seeing him being a big offensive producer in the NHL since he hasn't been able to put up a lot of points in the U20 let alone against men.

Nowadays, I think the most important thing for these kids is figuring the game out - the hockey IQ. And I'm afraid Räty hockey IQ is not very high. Every time I watch him, he's all over the place but ends up being nowhere really.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Raty is an interesting player. At one point it was thought he'd have a chance at going 1st overall. I think I'll have to go with Stankoven though.
I am wondering about the Lundell scenario there. Last year I fell into the trap of letting the falling Lundell slide past me in my FHL. I even watched him play a couple times and liked him. But let the "prevailing wisdom" sway me, and let him go. Now Raty, I haven't seen. this year was a TOTAL writeoff for me. So I don't know if it's quite the same. But teams in our range should definitely be looking very closely at him. Figure out if his early hype was just a product of being stronger/more developed early, and if his curve has flattened out, or if you think it was just a rough year, or what. I feel like he is a very viable Consideration at this point... just you will then need that firsthand info to graduate that Consideration into a Selection.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I am wondering about the Lundell scenario there. Last year I fell into the trap of letting the falling Lundell slide past me in my FHL. I even watched him play a couple times and liked him. But let the "prevailing wisdom" sway me, and let him go. Now Raty, I haven't seen. this year was a TOTAL writeoff for me. So I don't know if it's quite the same. But teams in our range should definitely be looking very closely at him. Figure out if his early hype was just a product of being stronger/more developed early, and if his curve has flattened out, or if you think it was just a rough year, or what. I feel like he is a very viable Consideration at this point... just you will then need that firsthand info to graduate that Consideration into a Selection.

I actually think Lundell was the victim of a rather strong draft class. Had he been drafted a year before or a year later, we had been discussing about a top-five pick.

Still liking the Askarov pick, but I think Lundell will end up being the one we might seriously regret. Glad he's in East.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If Poile and the co. are really desperate for a center and don't want to gamble with Räty, I could see us going for Pinelli. Smart two-way center with some size and scoring touch. Skating is a bit of a problem.

Pinelli's fallen off a bit this year due to not playing that much. But he had a solid year with Kitchener Rangers in his D-1 year, 41 points in 58 games. Had also a solid U-18 tournament.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Best option is to trade down and get picks in next year’s draft. But I picked Raty because of talent and you never know if he finds his game out.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Poile likes USNDT guys so I voted for Beherns even though I think we should go with someone more promising like Chibrikov
Literally the exact same thought process.

"who will Poile pick from the US development pipeline"

He did go outside the box last year though so I can't give much grief

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Best option is to trade down and get picks in next year’s draft. But I picked Raty because of talent and you never know if he finds his game out.
I don't like trading down and piling up more picks in this year's draft where we are. I think we still have a pretty good "swing for the fences" opportunity at #18. If it is Chibrikov or Raty as the current voting sits, then I think it is better to take those swings. I want a top-6 player. I think our odds on that drop off not long after our pick. :dunno:

I mean, I don't really know. I read the article about Raty in THN, it sounds like maybe there are some more fundamental roadblocks to his upside, that he's not necessarily very much like a Lundell. Even going back to last year in the U20, it seems like maybe Raty was plateauing, his hype was built earlier. :dunno:

Chibrikov sounds a little like Arvidsson, in terms of being a dynamic, kamikaze, offensive waterbug. I wouldn't say a smaller winger is necessarily exactly what we most want either, but if he has 30-goal upside and a bit of chip on his shoulder, well, Arvy has been one of my favorite players for a while, so that's not the end of the world. :dunno:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Chibrikov sounds a little like Arvidsson, in terms of being a dynamic, kamikaze, offensive waterbug. I wouldn't say a smaller winger is necessarily exactly what we most want either, but if he has 30-goal upside and a bit of chip on his shoulder, well, Arvy has been one of my favorite players for a while, so that's not the end of the world. :dunno:

You're a bit off on that. Arvy's a straight-transitional player that excels off the rush. He's not a play-driver, he's a pure target player. He's a better finisher than Chibrikov, though.

Whereas Chibrikov is better on the cycle, very strong and sturdy for a guy his size and has better vision. He can bring the puck up the ice and feed his teammates in transition. The way they are similar is that they both are willing to go the dirty areas but Chibrikov plays with more of a chip on his shoulder which his penalty minutes tell a tale of.

The risk with Chibrikov lies that if he doesn't have the puck, he can go quiet. But I don't see it as a bad thing, we have a lot complimentary players and could use a "driver" who can be the focal point of the offense.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
You're a bit off on that. Arvy's a straight-transitional player that excels off the rush. He's not a play-driver, he's a pure target player. He's a better finisher than Chibrikov, though.

Whereas Chibrikov is better on the cycle, very strong and sturdy for a guy his size and has better vision. He can bring the puck up the ice and feed his teammates in transition. The way they are similar is that they both are willing to go the dirty areas but Chibrikov plays with more of a chip on his shoulder which his penalty minutes tell a tale of.

The risk with Chibrikov lies that if he doesn't have the puck, he can go quiet. But I don't see it as a bad thing, we have a lot complimentary players and could use a "driver" who can be the focal point of the offense.
Thanks. That still fits within my desired parameters, for sure. (Maybe even moreso). Not changing my pick. :)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Obs Erving (RD) seems to have an unassailable lead in the Preds poll.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Pronman released his first mock draft on the Athletic. You can say what you want about his scouting but he's well-connected around the league's scouts and usually knows the players certain teams are especially interested in.

In the mock draft, we draft Lambos at 18th. I think it's a solid pick, Lambos will be a good top-four defenseman, and the kind of d-man we don't have in our prospect pool. I don't think Lambos will fall to us in the real draft as I believe Winnipeg will take him if he's available since he's a local.

Coronato went 14th, Svechkov at 15. Räty went 24th, the scouts around the league don't seem to have much faith in him.

Chibrikov went after us, at 21. The report on Chibrikov was an interesting one. It said that the scouts around the league believe he's a top-15 talent, but are suspicious because he's a Russian and plays for a wealthy organization there. I think Chibrikov makes sense for and we will have Askarov and Trenin here who both have played with Chibrikov in the same system. We also have Afanasyev and Chistyakov coming up.

Overall, I wouldn't be mad about getting Lambos, not at all. I think he might be this year's Jacob Chychrun.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Lambos would be great in my mind. We lack a "shut down" potential d-man in our pool. He's a good well rounded modern defenseman who seems physical from what I have read. It's always fun to look at forward in the draft, but if Poile and his disciples are running this draft then I feel much better with his seal of approval taking a defenseman than I do a forward.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
By no means will I be "mad" if we take Lambos, given our track record on D. Except... to me he still reads like kind of a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none type, average size, average a lot of ways... what is the payoff with him? Another Fabbro, basically? That's not a draft loss by any stretch. Still, it sort of lacks the kind of upside/swing-for-the-fences mentality I would rather take this year.

I would also ask of course about just what his medical status is. Is that known, what the non-injury-related-surgery he had was all about? Some drafts you are happy to get a Dan Hamhuis again. I would rather gamble and end up with nothing... even if I had to do something really crazy and off-the-board like picking a Kisakov or somebody like that, just because we need that higher end scoring potential so much more than we need other elements.
:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad