Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Who will Saint Louis pick?

1.:sabres Owen Power (D) Univ. of Michigan

2. :seattle Matthew Beniers (C) Univ. of Michigan

3. :ducksLuke Hughes (D) U.S. National U18 Team

4. :devilsBrandt Clarke (D) HC Nove Zamky

5. :cbjMason McTavish (C) Olten

6.:wingsSimon Edvinsson (D) Frölunda HC

7. :sharksWilliam Eklund (C/LW) Djurgårdens

8. :kingsDylan Guenther (LW/RW) Edmonton Oil Kings

9.:nucksKent Johnson (C) Univ. of Michigan

10. :sensChaz Lucius (C) U.S. National U18 Team

11. :hawksFabian Lysell (RW) Luleå

12. :flamesCole Sillinger (C) Sioux Falls Stampede

13. :flyersMatthew Coronato (LW) Chicago Steel

14. :starsCarson Lambos (D) JYP U20

15.:rangers Jesper Wallstedt (G) Luleå HF

16.:bluesFyodor Svechkov (W/C) Ladia Togliatti

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Pfff... I really want to pick Ceulemans but Svechkov is too good not to take.

So going with Svechkov who is BPA at this point IMO.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
To clarify OP is asking who the Blues will take not who you would take.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I was torn between Svechkov, Chibrikov, and Bolduc. I voted Bolduc. I like his skating, speed and IQ. The hope is that his injuries may have hurt his production, and he is actually better than his stats/draft rankings project him to be. Svechkov is the safer pick here, but I think we need to gamble a bit to hopefully grab top 10 offensive talent. With the limited amount I've been able to watch players this year, it really is a crap shoot though. I wouldn't begrudge anyone another choice as I am not very confident in mine.

Reactions: Celtic Note

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I think the Blues take Cossa.

The guy I want them to take is William Stromgren.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Without finn glasses if Aatu Räty really falls that low it should be easy pick imo.

I think Räty will be drafted #10-#14 at least.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Wow, S echovirus would be a pretty big reach and seems like a guy who is going to be a very good defensive forward, but may not develop into much offense.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Wow, autocorrect went nuts! Svechkov is what that should have said, but I’m not allowed to edit my posts.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I think people are extrapolating Svechkov's defensive strength with a misunderstanding that he doesn't have much offensive ability. I don't think that could be further from the truth. He's defensively gifted, but he's also outstanding at zone transitions and entries. He has amazing spatial awareness and is highly intelligent with, or without, the puck. He can absolutely take control of the ice regardless of what zone he's in. He doesn't have high end physical attributes like shot velocity, skating agility, or what-have-you. But those are talents one can develop through experience and training to a level that is fine for the NHL, or even above-average. You can't teach his ability to read the ice, or control the zones, or establish pressure the way Svechkov does it.

I think there is a lot more offensive potential in Svechkov, and I think that will be more clear when he moves away from Togliatti. I don't watch much VHL, but his team did him no favors when it came to putting Svech on the stat sheet or give him space to take a more offensive role. When he was put in positions where his linemates could make their own space or at least draw defensive pressure away from Svech, his offense (whether overt or underlying) increased significantly. Yes, we haven't seen that offense bubble up against men. But that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Needless to say, I think that Svechkov is only a "safe" pick because he has a highly translatable skillset in the NHL. He has natural talent that could put him in any of the four center positions on an NHL team. But I disagree that he has the limited upside that usually follows being labelled a "safe" pick. In fact, I would be quite upset if the Blues decided against drafting Svech if they are given the opportunity and select any of the other remaining players on the board. And this is coming from someone who likes Ceulemans, who thinks Chibrikov is a fine pick, and who especially loves Brennan Othmann. For as much as those guys are fine selections, I just think Svechkov is one or two tiers above them.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Wow, S echovirus would be a pretty big reach and seems like a guy who is going to be a very good defensive forward, but may not develop into much offense.
I read everything about him and he reminds me a lot of Joel Erickson ek. Start off as strong 3c but chance to become reallly good 2C in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad