Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Who will Seattle pick?

1.:sabres Owen Power (D) Univ. of Michigan

2. :seattle Matthew Beniers (C) Univ. of Michigan

3. :ducksLuke Hughes (D) U.S. National U18 Team

4. :devilsBrandt Clarke (D) HC Nove Zamky

5. :cbjMason McTavish (C) Olten

6.:wingsSimon Edvinsson (D) Frölunda HC

7. :sharksWilliam Eklund (C/LW) Djurgårdens

8. :kingsDylan Guenther (LW/RW) Edmonton Oil Kings

9.:nucksKent Johnson (C) Univ. of Michigan

10. :sensChaz Lucius (C) U.S. National U18 Team

11. :hawksFabian Lysell (RW) Luleå

12. :flames?????

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Sillinger, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading down 2-3 spots and hope to still nab him if the next two-three teams are aiming at Dmen/goalie.

Flyers/Stars/Rangers next 3... There are decent but not guaranteed odds for that happening based on my understanding of those teams needs. Wallstedt might even go outside top 15 based n theirs and our needs if hes there at 12.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Sillinger, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading down 2-3 spots and hope to still nab him if the next two-three teams are aiming at Dmen/goalie.

Apparently dude cant skate so he'll fit right in with Tkachuk and Monahan

Reactions: cheechoo

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Who's the leftiest left shooting left winger left? Cause that's who Treliving takes.

Bonus points for being a poor skater and & slow.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I had to change my pick - didn't realize Walstedt was still on the board.

Who's the leftiest left shooting left winger left? Cause that's who Treliving takes.

Bonus points for being a poor skater and & slow.
2021 NHL Draft #15: Cole Sillinger Scouting Report

Left Wing/Center — shoots Left
Sillinger’s skating has improved this season but is still a bit of a work in progress. His first few steps are decent but his overall acceleration is just average. He will need to keep working on lengthening his stride to improve his top-end speed as well. These are adjustments that have already started and with a good skating coach is something he may be able to become above average in these areas.

Anything else?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Usually would hate drafting a goalie in the 1st round but Wallstedt is a seriously impressive prospect. Watched as much tape as I could find on the guys ranked 8-20 and man, not really a lot there. Some decent maybes but they all have serious flaws.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace Rimmer

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I’m definitely going just off counting stats but Sillinger would be a huge get at 12.
That being said, if he’s gone then probably take a goalie here.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Listen to all those pushing for Sillinger. They shall henceforth be known as the Shill~ingers.

Wallstedt is also enticing, but my only concern is that there is something seriously wrong with our goaltending developmental process.

Reactions: Bond

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Lambos for me.

Sillinger would be fine too. Left shot LW though :laugh:

I like the trade down I think in this scenario but it depends on if our scouts are super high on someone or not

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Listen to all those pushing for Sillinger. They shall henceforth be known as the Shill~ingers.

Wallstedt is also enticing, but my only concern is that there is something seriously wrong with our goaltending developmental process.
As opposed to Kyl-ingers?

Reactions: Fig

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Voted Sillinger and I'll stick with it, but Wallstedt is enticing. Then again we suck at developing goalies... so Sillinger it is!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
My mouse hovered over Wallstedt.
Then I recalled we're representing the Calgary Flames. Then I recalled in the pat 30 years we've drafted two goalies with more than 100 games played in the NHL.

A career back-up.
A guy selected over Martin Brodeur.

Honestly, I draft goalies late; because even really good goalies become available fairly often in free agency.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Then I recalled we're representing the Calgary Flames. Then I recalled in the pat 30 years we've drafted two goalies with more than 100 games played in the NHL.

A career back-up.

Honestly, I draft goalies late; because even really good goalies become available fairly often in free agency.
I was going to ask if you remembered Mike Vernon, then noticed the 30 years qualifier and after doing some quick math determined he didn't qualify.

Craig Anderson wasn't awful. That may be an outlier.

So really, Wallsteadt is probably going to be OK as long as the Flames don't draft him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I was going to ask if you remembered Mike Vernon, then noticed the 30 years qualifier and after doing some quick math determined he didn't qualify.

Craig Anderson wasn't awful. That may be an outlier.

So really, Wallsteadt is probably going to be OK as long as the Flames don't draft him.

Craig gets the * because he didn't go through our development at all and got drafted a second time :laugh::laugh::laugh:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

A career back-up.

Honestly the only reason I didn't vote Wallstedt is I truly think Wolf is the real deal and I don't want to limit his opportunities competing against a first round goalie.

Reactions: Corpus X

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

54163c2edaef03271f047b2079c77b25.jpg

Calling this for Sillinger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad