• Matthew Samoskevich (C) Chicago Steel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stanislav Svozil (D) HC Kometa Brno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I feel like if all goes well for Chaz Lucius that he might be the next Sean Monahan. And that's exactly why I'm not interested in taking him for the Sens this high up. That's not the player they need.

Call me crazy but I don't think the "best players available" at this point, with the top 9 off the board, are Lucius or Sillinger. I'm much more excited by players like Fedor Svechkov, Zach Dean, and Scott Morrow.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
To me Lucius is the most intriguing prospect. I think he could be a great 2C for us down the road.

So we could run Norris at 1C, Lucius at 2C, Pinto at 3C.

Plus he has the best name in the draft. That may not count for much, but its something

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Make sense for the Sens to look for a right shot Center.

LC- Norris, Brown, Greig, Paul, Stutzle

RC- Pinto

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
If the draft falls the way the first 9 in this scenario does, I really only see 4 options here the Sens will consider;

Lucius
Sillinger
Lambos
Bolduc

Sensenmann

Mar 15, 2006
Ceulemans and Bourgault should be in that conversation, not that I would necessarily pick them.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
We need to add a good center and/or a good D-man so much more than a good goalie.

It's much easier to fill 2 spots than 20 spots (skaters)

And there's also a good chance that Sogaard and/or Gustavsson end up better than Wallstedt. They have developed since being drafted and were already pretty good projects from the beginning.

If we only had Murray, Forsberg, Daccord, Merilainen and Mandolese, I could maybe see the point. But you add some of the best goalie prospects (Sogaard and Gustavsson) to that group.
They need a good center now. They won't be getting an elite center at 10 most likely and all the top dman are off the board. They do need RW depth so they can try to get one. But you go with BPA and if that is a goalie you draft Wallstedt.

Everyone knows it's hard to predict how a goalie will transition. If they hit on a few those goalies become really great trade baits to fill other needs.

Reactions: Cosmix

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
They need a good center now. They won't be getting an elite center at 10 most likely and all the top dman are off the board. They do need RW depth so they can try to get one. But you go with BPA and if that is a goalie you draft Wallstedt.

Everyone knows it's hard to predict how a goalie will transition. If they hit on a few those goalies become really great trade baits to fill other needs.

10th OA is absolutely a spot where you could find a great player. But of the course the team who makes the pick needs to make the right choice. There's certainly going to be a great forward/D-man available

You'd think that it's impossible to find an Elite D-man at 15th or 18th but yet the Sens picked Erik Karlsson and Thomas Chabot at those spots.

I much prefer to be overloaded with good D-men rather than good goalies, they have much more value.

The only teams that need goalies are the ones that constantly acquired the wrong ones. But this biggest need by far in the NHL is quality D-men, and then quality centers.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
10th OA is absolutely a spot where you could find a great player. But of the course the team who makes the pick needs to make the right choice. There's certainly going to be a great forward/D-man available

You'd think that it's impossible to find an Elite D-man at 15th or 18th but yet the Sens picked Erik Karlsson and Thomas Chabot at those spots.

I much prefer to be overloaded with good D-men rather than good goalies, they have much more value.

The only teams that need goalies are the ones that constantly acquired the wrong ones. But this biggest need by far in the NHL is quality D-men, and then quality centers.
I trust with whoever they do get they will be impactful. They have been hitting a lot on their picks. Def have a strong backend is great to have.

I just have a feeling that's the direction they may go in goal. Having a goalie that can carry you far in the playoffs as you see with the Habs with Price is extremely important.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If the first 9 play out like above I’d go Sillinger or Wallstedt.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

When was the last time a good goalie was traded for anything of value . It feels like recouping value is the upper reality on a goalie trade with most promising goalies getting a 2ND or less. There was Lehner but most get flipped for less.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I trust with whoever they do get they will be impactful. They have been hitting a lot on their picks. Def have a strong backend is great to have.

I just have a feeling that's the direction they may go in goal. Having a goalie that can carry you far in the playoffs as you see with the Habs with Price is extremely important.

I think that at #10 the team will get a very good prospect but I am not sure how good an NHL player that pick will become and certainly not willing to predict that the player will be impactful. The impactful players usually/probably are in the top 5.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
So long as Wallstedt goes before us we will be very happy with who's left at 10.

Really wished we would have finished 9th or higher

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
I like Sillinger more than some of the guys in the supposed top 9. Pretty sure the Sens top 9 doesn’t look like the consensus top 9 either so I’m not worried about picking at 10.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad