Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Who will Seattle pick?

1.:sabres Owen Power (D) Univ. of Michigan

2. :seattle Matthew Beniers (C) Univ. of Michigan

3. :ducksLuke Hughes (D) U.S. National U18 Team

4. :devilsBrandt Clarke (D) HC Nove Zamky

5. :cbjMason McTavish (C) Olten

6.:wingsSimon Edvinsson (D) Frölunda HC

7. :sharksWilliam Eklund (C/LW) Djurgårdens

8. :kingsDylan Guenther (LW/RW) Edmonton Oil Kings

9.:nucks??????

Deezone

Nov 10, 2020
Its gotta be Kent Johnson....unless Canucks want Ian Clark to develop Wallstadt into a GOAT keeper.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Who will Seattle pick?

1.:sabres Owen Power (D) Univ. of Michigan

2. :seattle Matthew Beniers (C) Univ. of Michigan

3. :ducksLuke Hughes (D) U.S. National U18 Team

4. :devilsBrandt Clarke (D) HC Nove Zamky

5. :cbjMason McTavish (C) Olten

6.:wingsSimon Edvinsson (D) Frölunda HC

7. :sharksWilliam Eklund (C/LW) Djurgårdens

8. :kingsDylan Guenther (LW/RW) Edmonton Oil Kings

9.:nucks??????
I don't think he takes anyone, he has stated the team is a playoff team within 2 years so with his track record of drafting that would indicate he is going to trade the pick away to a capped out team desperately needing relief and take what they offer, Johnson from Tampa this time?

As he has been stating all the while the team needs more scoring you can figure if he did draft he will not draft a defenceman.
Any trade will also not be for a defenceman by his comments.

He will be counting upon the Aquilini's to bail him out with a buyout. Oddly Eriksson is not the contract to buy out, Roussel, Beagle and Ferland save the most hard cash and provide the most cap relief.

This draft he passes again IMO he just can't throw the dart at the board and lose again.
Over 60 players drafted and only 4 regular NHLer's on the team over 7 years is a losing record.

He has destroyed the defence now so Juloevi can be a top 4, but that is because it is so bad.
I would have tried to get the best defence possible first.
Both Burke and Gillis did this, on Burke's team EVERY goalie had a winning record, didn't matter who they put in net the defence was that solid. Maybe no Orr or Potvin but solid, much like the Islanders today

He trades the pick for another cast off.
In his own words, "the draft is a crap shoot anyway, you just HOPE to get a NHL player"

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Why is Ceulemans not even an option? He'd be my pick, then Johnson or Sillinger

Wouldn't be my pick if Johnson's available but should certainly be an option ahead of some others on this list. And I wouldn't complain if we went with Ceulmans.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Johnson...From what I've ascertained, there's 3 tiers...Power and Beniers, picks 3-8 (MacTavish isnt in that group), and the rest...
If MacTavish, or Wallstedt are selected before the 9th,a D man will be available for the Canucks.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Totally not a fan of Johnson. He has great hands, but a low work rate, slow pace, lacks physical engagement, and relies on teammates to transport the puck.

If the top 8 tracks like this, I'd really hope the Canucks just trade down and take one of Lucius/Svechkov.

Reactions: Tritsche and Fatass

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Wallstedt would probably be the best value at this stage but i'm clueless about goalies and think you can pluck one from a later pick so i would take Svechkov quite easily

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Without being able to interview Lysell to determine whether or not his attitude issues are legitimate, I'll take Johnson.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Johnson is a DND in the 1st round to me. Everyone thinks Virtanen is tunnel visioned, wait til you see this guy play. He just stick handles himself into a corner and only passes when he has absolutely no option left. He’s great if he doesn’t have the puck as then he’s forced to use his smarts and get in soft positions to score. If he somehow learns he’s not playing 5 v 1 out there, he could be the best player in the draft. The likelyhood of that happening is next to none IMO. Players like that don’t stop being puckhogs

Reactions: bossram and Fatass

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
Echoing the Svechkov sentiments but at 9th its such a reach. He seems like the type of center I’d like them to get, but I expect BPA unless they trade down.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
This is exactly my impression. Big DND from me on Johnson.

I'm quite enamored with Lysell and hope we nab him.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Echoing the Svechkov sentiments but at 9th its such a reach. He seems like the type of center I’d like them to get, but I expect BPA unless they trade down.
That would be a heckkuva reach...He's # 17 in the current consolidated rankings.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Johnson is a DND in the 1st round to me. Everyone thinks Virtanen is tunnel visioned, wait til you see this guy play. He just stick handles himself into a corner and only passes when he has absolutely no option left. He’s great if he doesn’t have the puck as then he’s forced to use his smarts and get in soft positions to score. If he somehow learns he’s not playing 5 v 1 out there, he could be the best player in the draft. The likelyhood of that happening is next to none IMO. Players like that don’t stop being puckhogs

Weird.

I've heard the exact opposite of him from multiple sources.

That he overthinks the game or "galaxy brains." That would be the exact opposite of Jake.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
1. Eklund. At least two teams above us will go off book.
2. Trade down if an opportunity presents itself.
3. Sillinger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad