• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Who will Seattle pick?

1.:sabres Owen Power (D) Univ. of Michigan

2. :seattle Matthew Beniers (C) Univ. of Michigan

3. :ducksLuke Hughes (D) U.S. National U18 Team

4. :devilsBrandt Clarke (D) HC Nove Zamky

Last edited:

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I hope this is the scenario on draft night.
I don’t want NJ being pressured to take Luke Hughes. I think Clarke is a better prospect than Hughes and fits the team needs better as a RHD.
As long as his injury is ok, I am ok with Hughes or Brandt. Totally agree on the "need" aspect but Hughes also plays on the right side from what I have read. The left side is crowded for sure, but Smith is also a guy who has played most of the time as a lefty shot on the right side. All depends on the coaching being happy with that. It then becomes long term what is best for the team. I think the "Jack" factor regardless of what we hope/think mngnt will do will play a factor in it.

Reactions: HBK27

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
As an outsider, this has to be Clarke right? I think it'd be a tougher question if the Rangers hadn't traded up to leapfrog the Devils last season & take Schneider, but Clarke feels like the combo of need & BPA here

(Voted for observing, just to make that clear)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
As an outsider, this has to be Clarke right? I think it'd be a tougher question if the Rangers hadn't traded up to leapfrog the Devils last season & take Schneider, but Clarke feels like the combo of need & BPA here

Nah it wouldn't be. Clarke is a far better prospect then Schneider. Having him wouldn't stop us from drafting Clarke in this scenario

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
As long as his injury is ok, I am ok with Hughes or Brandt. Totally agree on the "need" aspect but Hughes also plays on the right side from what I have read. The left side is crowded for sure, but Smith is also a guy who has played most of the time as a lefty shot on the right side. All depends on the coaching being happy with that. It then becomes long term what is best for the team. I think the "Jack" factor regardless of what we hope/think mngnt will do will play a factor in it.
Just because someone has played on their off side in juniors or can it doesn’t mean they should in the NHL or its where they’re most effective. There’s certain things that are much harder which is why it’s much more common and generally seen as better for d pairings to have guys on their strong sides

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
I think Eklund is BPA here but I gotta go with Clarke for the defense. They say dont draft for need but I say f*** that, when its close you go need

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021

While Schneider has done very well, Mukhamadullin has also done very well and is going to come over to the AHL after next season; which is rare for a Russian prospect.

Devils were willing to trade back because they likely gauged a lack of interest in Shakir, but ultimately decided to take him as they think his ceiling is very high and there were no offers to move back

fun fact: Shakir Mukhamadullin played forward only about four years ago

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I hope this is the scenario on draft night.
I don’t want NJ being pressured to take Luke Hughes. I think Clarke is a better prospect than Hughes and fits the team needs better as a RHD.

Brandt Clarke is being undersold, in my opinion. His hands are absolutely elite, as is his passing ability. He's a terrific shooter and very good skater. An excellent shooter. He's got good size, and though his defensive game still needs work, the improvements he showed in that area last year are an omen of an excellent development curve. His creativity and hockey IQ are off the charts and he has an excellent compete level. There's really nothing not to like about this kid. His ceiling is right up there with Hughes and Power for best of all draft D and his floor probably only trails Power. He's a heck of a prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia