Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesper Wallstedt (G) Luleå HF

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I thought these polls were usually who we want to pick.

That answer would be a mixed bag of opinions.

If the poll is who will be the pick, it's Power.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I think Adams is going to have to trade both Eichel and Reinhart and there’s no way he drafts our second pair left shot D first overall after that.

even if you think Power is the better player there is no way you are a fan of this franchise and believe they won’t pass on it to sell what they believe symbolizes more hope to sell to a fan base going a decade missing the playoffs. We are three years in to waiting for a better prospect we took first overall to become what he should. Cant sell a worst version and you are kidding yourself if you think selling something isn’t their top priority

I envision no scenario where they know their top two forwards want out and draft D.

none.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Hopefully we keep everyone and our new injured pick from the 4th round tears it up while whoever ka decides is the bpa is unless theres a team w pick 3 and ten or something..

Fwiw.. Chara took six years ? And a trade to blossom .. You all would know better..

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I think Adams is going to have to trade both Eichel and Reinhart and there’s no way he drafts our second pair left shot D first overall after that.

even if you think Power is the better player there is no way you are a fan of this franchise and believe they won’t pass on it to sell what they believe symbolizes more hope to sell to a fan base going a decade missing the playoffs. We are three years in to waiting for a better prospect we took first overall to become what he should. Cant sell a worst version and you are kidding yourself if you think selling something isn’t their top priority

I envision no scenario where they know their top two forwards want out and draft D.

none.

If it's close, select a forward. But if you think there's a clear and obvious gap between Power and Beniers or whoever, go BPA always.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Gotta go with what seems to be the consensus. As the Sabres have a minimal scouting staff - they probably will too. Owen Power is the pick.

That said, I'm not going to be mad if it's someone else. Consensus seems to be far from unanimous this year

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
I want Beniers. Power gives me Ekblad vibes. As in, he's good but I don't see him becoming elite. Beniers gives me Bergeron vibes. I'll take that ALL day.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I thought this forum's collective hard-on for Beniers would make this closer.

Power seems to be the concensus though - the ide of shoring up the top 4 for years to come is very intriguing. You shouldn't need particularly special players to pair with Dahlin/Power.

For those people freaking out about forwards - do you really think Adams is going to trade Eichel/Reinhart/Risto with NO forwards coming back in any of the deals? :loony:

Same old arguement i guess. Until we field a roster of 23 centres some of you guys will never be happy...

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
I thought this forum's collective hard-on for Beniers would make this closer.

Power seems to be the concensus though - the ide of shoring up the top 4 for years to come is very intriguing. You shouldn't need particularly special players to pair with Dahlin/Power.

For those people freaking out about forwards - do you really think Adams is going to trade Eichel/Reinhart/Risto with NO forwards coming back in any of the deals? :loony:

Same old arguement i guess. Until we field a roster of 23 centres some of you guys will never be happy...

The ROR deal still haunts us. Sure, some forwards came back...

Reactions: paulmm3

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I give the slight edge to Berniers but I am also ok if we take Powers

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario

none.

They'll draft BPA - that's Power.

Trading Eichel and/or Reinhart are irrelevant as the return on those deals will include their potential replacements coming back. Eg; If Eichel goes to LAK, either Turcotte or Byfield and likely a guy like Vilardi are coming back. They're not trading cornerstones for draft pick lottery tickets.

Reactions: Vito_81

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
I want Beniers. Power gives me Ekblad vibes. As in, he's good but I don't see him becoming elite. Beniers gives me Bergeron vibes. I'll take that ALL day.

When healthy, Ekblad is pretty close to a franchise defenseman. He was a slow developer, likely in part due to where he plays, but He's no slouch.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I want Beniers. I don't care if his ceiling is perceived as lower. He's a Buffalo type of player. This is what we should be building. Speed, tenacity, work ethic, competitiveness, skill to kill, etc. He's a dog. Go get him.

Powers would be a fine pick and what I expect them to do, but not my first choice personally.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
I don't get that vibe at all from Ekblad. Don't get me wrong he's a good hockey player but I see him more as a good #2 than a franchise guy. He's also a guy that has not improved much since his rookie year due to be so physically mature in his draft year. I worry about that with Power too. Is his physical maturity inflating his relative standing among the prospects? I won't be upset if they take Power, he's definitely a good prospect, just prefer Beniers by a solid margin.

When healthy, Ekblad is pretty close to a franchise defenseman. He was a slow developer, likely in part due to where he plays, but He's no slouch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad