Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Blooz pick?

• Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam Colangelo, RW, Northeastern (NCAA)

• Lukas Cormier, D, Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL)

• Tyson Foerster, C, Barrie Colts (OHL)

• Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

• Roni Hirvonen, C, Ässät (Liiga)

• Zion Nybeck, LW/RW, HV71 (SHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Awarding the Rangers the obvious first pick and they have another 1st so they'll be able to participate.

:rangers#1 Alexis Lafrenière, LW, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL) Default

:kings#2 Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

:sens#3 Tim Stützle, C, Adler Mannheim (DEL)

:wings#4 Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)

:sens#5 Lucas Raymond, RW/LW, Frölunda HC (SHL)

:ducks#6 Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:devils#7 Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie Otters (OHL)

:sabres#8 Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

:wild#9 Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgårdens IF (SHL)

:jets#10 Jake Sanderson, D, Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)

:nashville#11 Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:panthers#12 Kaiden Guhle, D, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)

:canes#13 Yaroslav Askarov, G, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (VHL)

:edmonton#14 Seth Jarvis, RW, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

:leafs #15 Braden Schneider, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

:habs #16 Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

:hawks #17 Rodion Amirov, LW, Toros Neftekamsk (MHL)

:devils#18 Jacob Perreault, RW, Sarnia Sting (OHL)

:flames#19 Hendrix Lapierre, C, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

:devils#20 Dylan Holloway, C/LW, Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)

:cbj#21 Lukas Reichel, LW, Eisbären Berlin (DEL)

:rangers#22 Ridly Greig, LW, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

:flyers#23 Noel Gunler, LW/RW, Luleå HF (SHL)

:caps#24 Connor Zary, C, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)

:avs#25 John-Jason Peterka, LW, EHC München (DEL)

:blues#26 Ryan O'Rourke, D, Soo Greyhounds (OHL)

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I go Topi Niemelä.

Niemelä and Aatu Räty(draft eligible 2021) are finns one the most potential players in their age class.
Topi is undersized which affect his draft ranking. Highly skilled in both ends and understand game, see the game so well. I would love to see him Bluenote.

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Went for Ryan O'Roarke. 100% going to be in the NHL someday. Question is if he's going to be a first pairing D or 2nd pairing D. Has the right mentallity, is a leader and is very underrated offensively. If he was a bit faster and his stickhandling was a bit better, he'd be a top-5 pick.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Between the two Swedish dmen and ORoarke. I went with Wallander. If the OHL doesn’t play, ORoarke will lose development time. I believe the SHL is playing

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Went with Marat Khusnutdinov because if he hits his potential he could be a steal. He is small but is fast and plays a complete game. Wanted to go RoR but went with a the high ceiling forward.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
For me its Khusnutdinov, O'rourke, Bordeleau then Niemela in that order.... I think Marat or ROR are easily the top 2 available, i respect bourques skill level but he's missing alot from his game and i worry about him translating to pro.

I went with khusnutdinov though, because imo he's the best available and could be our future evgeny kuznetsov.....with Thomas and ROR....we could be so dangerous in 3+ years etc...

Gotta remember we're drafting 18 year olds here, not like the NFL draft, don't let current team needs jade who you pick in the draft.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Went with O'Rourke. I also like Brisson, Mysak, and Niemela. Khusnutdinov's size is a bit of an issue for me, as unpopular as that opinion may be. We already have Perunovich and McGing in the system.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Went with the highest upside pick in Khusnutdinov. Well, a guy like Nybeck might have the same upside, but is much more of a question mark than Khusnutdinov. I have talked up O'Rourke for a while, and he's my second choice for this spot, but Khusnutdinov is similar to Fabbri in that the only thing not to like about him is his size. He's responsible in both ends of the ice, is obscenely quick with great top-end speed coupled with a quick acceleration, and can read the ice very well. He's got the talent to be a top-10 pick but needs to refine his game just so he can control himself. I think he's a great gamble to bet on.

But it was difficult to choose between O'Rourke and Khusnutdinov. Everyone else either lacks the top end ability that I like or has a question mark to their game I don't want to take a risk on in the 1st round.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Khusnutdinov looks interesting. Listed at 5'11" 176. Needs to add 10 lbs of muscle.

bigger defenders have paid the price by underestimating his core strength, leg drive and powerful shoulders. At the forefront of his game, however, is his ability to carve up a defense through the neutral zone. Khusnutdinov has excellent speed and agility, and his quick first step is dropped before an opponent can anticipate his intentions.(Draft Analyst)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yeah Marat Khnus looks really wow player.

He could be Debrincat 2.0

More and more see jos highlights. Jeesus

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Khusnutdinov looks interesting. Listed at 5'11" 176. Needs to add 10 lbs of muscle.

bigger defenders have paid the price by underestimating his core strength, leg drive, and powerful shoulders. At the forefront of his game, however, is his ability to carve up a defense through the neutral zone. Khusnutdinov has excellent speed and agility, and his quick first step is dropped before an opponent can anticipate his intentions. (Draft Analyst)
Really? Maybe he has had a growth spurt, which could make me re-think my evaluation. The Hockey Writers, Dobber Prospects, The Last Word on Hockey, and Elite Prospects all have him at 5'9", 165 lbs. To me, there is a big difference between 5'11" 176 lbs and 5'9" 165 lbs.

Last edited:

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Really? Maybe he has had a growth spurt, which could make me re-think my evaluation. The Hockey Writers, Dobber Prospects, The Last Word on Hockey, and Elite Prospects all have him at 5'9", 165 lbs. To me, there is a big difference between 5'11" 176 lbs and 5'9" 165 lbs.

Good point. That is a big discrepancy. Sounds like the smaller figures are correct.

That does change things. Thanks for pointing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad