Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Avs Pick

• Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam Colangelo, RW, Northeastern (NCAA )

• Lukas Cormier, D, Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL)

• Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

• Roni Hirvonen, C, Ässät (Liiga)

• Zion Nybeck, LW/RW, HV71 (SHL)

• Ryan O'Rourke, D, Soo Greyhounds (OHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Awarding the Rangers the obvious first pick and they have another 1st so they'll be able to participate.

:rangers#1 Alexis Lafrenière, LW, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL) Default

:kings#2 Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

:sens#3 Tim Stützle, C, Adler Mannheim (DEL)

:wings#4 Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)

:sens#5 Lucas Raymond, RW/LW, Frölunda HC (SHL)

:ducks#6 Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:devils#7 Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie Otters (OHL)

:sabres#8 Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

:wild#9 Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgårdens IF (SHL)

:jets#10 Jake Sanderson, D, Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)

:nashville#11 Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:panthers#12 Kaiden Guhle, D, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)

:canes#13 Yaroslav Askarov, G, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (VHL)

:edmonton#14 Seth Jarvis, RW, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

:leafs #15 Braden Schneider, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

:habs #16 Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

:hawks #17 Rodion Amirov, LW, Toros Neftekamsk (MHL)

:devils#18 Jacob Perreault, RW, Sarnia Sting (OHL)

:flames#19 Hendrix Lapierre, C, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

:devils#20 Dylan Holloway, C/LW, Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)

:cbj#21 Lukas Reichel, LW, Eisbären Berlin (DEL)

:rangers#22 Ridly Greig, LW, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

:flyers#23 Noel Gunler, LW/RW, Luleå HF (SHL)

:caps#24 Connor Zary, C, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)

:avs#25 John-Jason Peterka, LW, EHC München (DEL)

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Of the options available, Barron or Peterka for me. Peterka hasn't had the health concerns.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Voted for Brisson but I'd be fine with Peterka, Niemela or Baron in that order.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Voted Khusnutdinov because of the upside. I think the Avs can afford to take a shot on a guy like Marat (high risk/high reward) because their prospect pool is already so deep. Considered Grans and JJP as well, but I just don't like the positional fit for JJP; the Avs already have so many RWs in the system that it's the only position that I hope they don't target. Bourque may be the best player in this spot with the highest floor, but he doesn't really fit the Avs style of play.

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
I liked Niemela, but thought it was a bit too early at #25, but not sure if he would be available if they traded down with Detroit or Ottawa in the early second. Went with Peterka as best value at this pick.

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
JJP keeps dropping in these things. If he does on Tuesday you have to jump on that.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
He'd just be a typical Colorado pick of lots of work ethic and character but very meh skill set.

Dont think he's a swing for the fences type of pick at all, think he has pretty limited upside.
He'd be a much better pick than Foudy though who you were advocating for yesterday. Weren't you even saying that picking safer guys who can at least become roster players on ELC's would be a shrewd approach?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He'd just be a typical Colorado pick of lots of work ethic and character but very meh skill set.

Dont think he's a swing for the fences type of pick at all, think he has pretty limited upside.
I wouldn't mind it, but like with the Barron pick I argue the Avs are leaving better and more talented players on the board to get their "man". I think he's got a bit more potential than a meh skill set, he was probably one of the worst European prospects to try and judge last year considering the team he plays on. Munich is by far the best DEL team the last couple of years and are considerably deep with that Red Bull sponsorships money they get. He was stuck on the bottom 6 for majority of the season and still produced quite well considering his ice time.

Now I do believe there are ceiling issues of how high it is, but I also argue is that his full potential wasn't really revealed either. That French bloke on Youtube did an interesting analysis comparing a player who had a similar PPG percentage in the Czech U19 league when JJP played. Pavel Novak is the player he compared him to, who travelled to the CHL and put up 58 points in 55 games with the Rockets. If Peterka came over, there is a case he would've posted better stats than that because John-Jason had a WAY better PPG if you'd compare them. That doesn't mean he would've developed into a top 15 prospect for this draft, but I still think he as 30 goal potential if things go right. He has the skating, work ethic, and shot to be a solid 2nd liner.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He has the skating, work ethic, and shot to be a solid 2nd liner.
And at 25, that would be an amazing pick result. I think maybe we as a fanbase are too used to picking high and talking about "guaranteed first liner" with our 1sts. It's highly unlikely that we get one of those here, a second liner would be awesome considering that probably half the players picked between 20 and 30 are going to wind up 4th liners or nothing at all.

The players who may have first line upside in this range aren't likely to reach it, or else they would go much higher. If you think you might have a solid 2nd line winger at that spot, run for the podium.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I voted for Bourque because I see him as having the highest ceiling in the group (although I'm far, far away from an expert on these prospects). I'd also be very happy with O'Rourke, or maybe Grans or JJP.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
If we're targeting O'Rourke we could trade down to the late 1st/early 2nd and pick up an extra 2nd.

Could we, though? These public averaged rankings are not at all equal to the teams' rankings and O'Rourke is someone who could be picked anywhere between #20 and 40. As with most players ranked in that range on those public rankings.

The point is that if the Avs have O'Rourke ranked so high that he's on top of their list at #25 AND he's the one the scouts and Sakic want (instead of, say, the next ranked player who's at a different position), they pick him up without even entertaining trading down. Too much risk of losing him to someone else.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Could we, though? These public averaged rankings are not at all equal to the teams' rankings and O'Rourke is someone who could be picked anywhere between #20 and 40. As with most players ranked in that range on those public rankings.

The point is that if the Avs have O'Rourke ranked so high that he's on top of their list at #25 AND he's the one the scouts and Sakic want (instead of, say, the next ranked player who's at a different position), they pick him up without even entertaining trading down. Too much risk of losing him to someone else.
I traded down at 32 to 35 in the Avs board mock draft to pick O'Rourke at 35 and also pick up an early 4th and upgrade a 2nd a few picks. Worked out well for me :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad