Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who should the Lightning pick?

• John Beecher, C, USNTP (Michigan commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pavel Dorofeyev, LW, Magnitogorsk (KHL)

• Simon Holmstrom, RW, HV71 (SHL)

• Vladislav Kolyachonok, D, Flint (OHL)

• Kaeden Korczak, D, Kelowna (WHL)

• Robert Mastrosimone, LW, Chicago (USHL Boston Committ)

• Jakob Pelletier, LW, Moncton (QMJHL)

• Patrik Puistola, LW, Taapara (Liiga)

• Matthew Robertson, D, Edmonton (WHL)

• Nicholas Robertson, LW, Peterborough (OHL)

• Alex Vlasic, D, USNTP (BU Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Fan vote draft that will go through each team's board.

Two Day Poll.

Please only vote for a player if you are a Tampa Bay fan.

Who should the Bolts pick at #28?

1. :devils Jack Hughes, C, USNTP 88.6%

2. :rangers Kappo Kakko, RW, TPS 94.0%

3. :hawksBowen Byram, D, Vancouver (WHL) 63.2%

4. :avs Dylan Cozens, C, Lethbridge (WHL) 32.6%

5. :kings Alex Turcotte, C, USNTP (Wisconsin Commit) 48.5%

6.:wingsKirby Dach, C, Saskatoon (WHL)

7. :sabresPeyton Krebs, C, Kootenay (WHL)

8.:edmonton Trevor Zegras, C, USNTP (BU Commit)

9.:ducks2 Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

10. :nucksVasili Podkolzin, RW, SKA (KHL)

11. :flyers Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

12. :wildAlex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

13. :panthersVictor Soderstrom, D, Brynas IF (SHL)

14. :coyotesArthur Kaliyev, LW, Hamilton (OHL)

15. :habs Ville Heinola, D, Lukko (Liiga)

16. :avs Spencer Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

17. :vegas Philip Broberg, D, AIK (Allesvenskan)

18. :starsRyan Suzuki, C, Barrie (OHL)

19. :sens Moritz Seider, D, Mannheim (DEL)

20. :rangersCam York, D, USNTP (Michigan Commit)

21. :pensRaphael Lavoie, C, Halifax (QMJHL)

22. :kings2Thomas Harley, D, Mississagua (OHL)

23. :islesPhilip Tomasino, C, Niagra (OHL)

24. :nashvilleBobby Brink, RW, Sioux City (USHL Denver Commit)

25. :caps Connor McMichael, C, (London OHL)

26. :flamesNils Hoglander, LW, Rogle (SHL)

:boltsSamuel Poulin, LW, Sherbrooke (QMJHL)

28. :canes:dunno:

Link to the results thread

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think Poulin is the BPA at this spot. Have him slightly ahead of Pelletier and Robertson if we go forward. If we go defense I like Robertson over Bjornfot.

With Brisebois in charge the first time I expect us to take one of the Q wingers in Poulin or Pelletier.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I think Poulin is the BPA at this spot. Have him slightly ahead of Pelletier and Robertson if we go forward. If we go defense I like Robertson over Bjornfot.

With Brisebois in charge the first time I expect us to take one of the Q wingers in Poulin or Pelletier.
I agree with you on Poulin. It'd be nice to add a forward with some size, but I don't feel like with Poulin you'd be picking a heavier winger for the sake of it over better players. I am also very intrigued by Bjornfot. For me, it's between those 2 guys.

A player not listed above is Egor Afanasyev. A Russian power forward who played in the USHL the past 2 seasons. I've seen him pretty high on a few rankings. But like most of the players listed above in the poll, there's not a lot of consensus on where they should be picked.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'd be cool with Poulin. Our Q scouting is often fantastic and if a Q player was BPA I trust the front office to make that pick and get it right

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I agree with you on Poulin. It'd be nice to add a forward with some size, but I don't feel like with Poulin you'd be picking a heavier winger for the sake of it over better players. I am also very intrigued by Bjornfot. For me, it's between those 2 guys.

A player not listed above is Egor Afanasyev. A Russian power forward who played in the USHL the past 2 seasons. I've seen him pretty high on a few rankings. But like most of the players listed above in the poll, there's not a lot of consensus on where they should be picked.

I like Afanasayev just not at 27. He's a mid 30's pick for me along with guys like Foote or Reis who've been mocked to us before. There are quite a few forwards in that 25-40 range that all seem pretty close in rankings. As well as a group of about 5 D. So I wouldn't be against a trade down to get another pick and still get one of those players. The 3rd round should have a few goalies for us to grab so picking up an 3rd in a trade back let's us grab one there with that pick or ours.

I really would love to trade up for Harley or Seider if they start to fall into the 20 range. Without a 2nd it will be hard to move up because a late 3rd might only get us to 25 if lucky. They are some high end D prospects which is a huge weakness for us.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I like Afanasayev just not at 27. He's a mid 30's pick for me along with guys like Foote or Reis who've been mocked to us before. There are quite a few forwards in that 25-40 range that all seem pretty close in rankings. As well as a group of about 5 D. So I wouldn't be against a trade down to get another pick and still get one of those players. The 3rd round should have a few goalies for us to grab so picking up an 3rd in a trade back let's us grab one there with that pick or ours.

I really would love to trade up for Harley or Seider if they start to fall into the 20 range. Without a 2nd it will be hard to move up because a late 3rd might only get us to 25 if lucky. They are some high end D prospects which is a huge weakness for us.
I agreed with you on Poulin not just because I personally liked the pick, but also because it seems like something we would do. Under Murray, we've taken a CHL kid in the 1st round each time, except for Vasy. He also fits the mold of so many other forwards you could describe as smart, high character, two-way players, who aren't the most skilled like Howden, Stephens, Cirelli, or Fortier. So it's a pick that would make sense and be inline with the way we've drafted. That said, yeah, I too would love to add another high end D prospect. I like Seider but it feels like his stock is raising by the day. But that's why Bjornfot was my other choice next to Poulin, if those were our choices. He looks like a terrific skater & puck carrier, something you're not going to find in Masin or Footes game who are more steady types. And after icing a few aging Dmen this past year, it'd be nice to get more mobile back there again.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I've also seen Afanasayev mocked into the early 20s and would have voted for him if he were an option.

Unless I am mistaken Bornfot would be the smallest D we have drafted in a decade, Robertson would be the more likely of those two IMO

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If Seider falls to us we would definitely take him. Big mobile RHD, big shot and nice first pass. All things we like from that position. Foote's younger brother Nolan is in this draft too and is a power forward but looks to be a second round pick. If we trade down he's a potential target.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Why is Leason ranked so high? A 20 year old dominating a league full of kids with his size. Someone will take him on the first round and he'll never play an NHL game.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I've also seen Afanasayev mocked into the early 20s and would have voted for him if he were an option.

Unless I am mistaken Bornfot would be the smallest D we have drafted in a decade, Robertson would be the more likely of those two IMO
He was measured at the combine as 6'0.25" 193 lbs

That's comparable to Salda (6'0" 185) last year, Zuhlsdorf (5'11" 188) in 2015, and DeAngelo (5'10" 175) in 2014

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He was measured at the combine as 6'0.25" 193 lbs

That's comparable to Salda (6'0" 185) last year, Zuhlsdorf (5'11" 188) in 2015, and DeAngelo (5'10" 175) in 2014

I stand corrected. Amending what I said, the organization prefers larger and mobile defenseman and rarely strays from that formula unless the player is just too good to pass up. I think Murray is quoted saying close to that a couple of drafts ago.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I'd be cool with Poulin. Our Q scouting is often fantastic and if a Q player was BPA I trust the front office to make that pick and get it right

They said today on TVA sports, that Poulin is the best prospect out of the Q this coming draft. Infront of Lavoie, who they said have some red flags.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad