Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Fan vote draft that will go through each team's board.

Two Day Poll.

Please only vote for a player if you are an Philly fan.

Who should the Flyers pick at #10?

1. :devils Jack Hughes, C, USNTP 88.6%

2. :rangers Kappo Kakko, RW, TPS 94.0%

3. :hawksBowen Byram, D, Vancouver (WHL) 63.2%

4. :avs Dylan Cozens, C, Lethbridge (WHL) 32.6%

5. :kings Alex Turcotte, C, USNTP (Wisconsin Commit) 48.5%

6.:wingsKirby Dach, C, Saskatoon (WHL)

7. :sabresPeyton Krebs, C, Kootenay (WHL)

8.:edmonton Trevor Zegras, C, USNTP (BU Commit)

9.:ducks2 Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

10. :nucksVasili Podkolzin, RW, SKA (KHL)

11. :flyers Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

Link to the results thread

Last edited:
Reactions: kudymen

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Caulfield is just what the doctor ordered. I wouldn’t be disappointed with Newhook either.
I know he is a fan fave here, but I am not in favor of Söderström. His offense looks limited/ lacking and while he looks good defensively, I don’t want an undersized defensive defenseman at 11. Undersized offensive weapon? I am ok with that if it is Caulfield.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seen and heard enough from Caufield this week. I'm not terribly concerned with complete player, if we keep the pick give me someone who can take the puck and put it in the net and we'll worry about the rest later.

Reactions: TheKingPin

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
If it fell this way here would be my choices in order:

Newhook, Caufield , Brink, York/Soderstrom

There are others I like in that list, but not at 11.

*Originally voted Caufield, but changed to Newhook...I might change back tho.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
My vote is for Bobby Orr Brink, but with an asterisk next to it.

This pick comes with some projection. I said in another thread that Brink looks like a chubby middle school kid. He's physically underdeveloped and his straight line skating is a bit ugly. But... if the medical people think he'll easily fill out and the skating experts think his straight ahead speed is somewhat fixable, I'd pick him in a heartbeat.

He was named USHL forward of the year. His point totals are just crazy. Just too much all-around skill, production, and upside to pass up. He's the type of player you run a 1st PP unit through.

Caufield just got the big TV hype. But Brink offers more playmaking and board play. With a very good shot and scoring acumen as well. Brink's a young bodied kid, who should end up thick, and likely has more upside to his game. He's 7 months younger than Caufield.

HockeyProspect.com hasn't put out a ranking since February 28th. But they have Brink ranked 11 spots higher than Caufield, and are really the only scouting service I trust. So, at least to me, it reinforces the notion that I might not be totally crazy for having Brink higher. Despite the Caufield hype train lately.

The other players I would consider most in this scenario are Newhook and Soderstrom. Newhook looked really good at the U-18's, and you can rarely go wrong with a well-rounded RHD like Soderstrom.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Voted Caufield but thats just going off of how well he played in the u18s. I would love to see a fellow Newfoundlander drafted to the Flyers however.

Reactions: Foggy14

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Caufield. His offensive skillset is more diversified than many give him credit for. He’s an underrated playmaker. His ability to recognize the tiniest of seams and thread the needle to a teammate is high-end.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I would love Caufield, but I almost want him gone before we pick so that he's not there for us to pick. There is a lot of hype around him and he is very small. I know the NHL has changed and small isn't that bad anymore, but they still have an uphill battle even if they have the skill in a changed NHL. I want him. I am sure he will be fine. But I also see the run on smaller guys in recent years and it worries me because one of them has to bust and with our luck it will be Caufield. If he gets picked by the Flyers I will be psyched. If he goes to Vancouver at 10th I will be relieved.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Went Caufield, but I don’t think he’ll be there (&, if he is, I don’t think they’ll take him).

Been watching more of Brink — & the more I’ve watched, I don’t like him at 11.

His skating is downright ugly. Reports say he’s a good 2-way player, but I see him cheat & cherry pick a lot. Good hands, but his 200-ft. game is going to be a liability at higher levels. He reminds me a bit of Kieffer Bellows.

I said before I’d be intrigued if the Flyers took him, but now I’d be disappointed: I like Caufield, Soderstrom & Newhook MUCH more.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Voted Caufield so @Magua will love me again!

I think you’re confusing my point about Hextall (Fletcher? TBD) definitely not taking him versus my personal opinion. I have said that Caufield is right now my top realistic skater at #11. Though we will see in 2 months. There’s a couple other interesting names.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I think you’re confusing my point about Hextall (Fletcher? TBD) definitely not taking him versus my personal opinion. I have said that Caufield is right now my top realistic skater at #11. Though we will see in 2 months. There’s a couple other interesting names.
We're good. I haven't watched much of the U18, but there will definitely be some good options. Don't know much about Newhook and the three smaller D: Soderstrom, York and Heinola might all be options too, or Broberg, if they are looking D. We'll have to see what the scouts think.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Voted Caufield.

#skillspaybills

Also gave a lot of thought to the defenders. It's not supposed to be a great draft class for Dmen, but getting the second defender off the board at #11 is intriguing. The tough part is, which one? Broberg, Harley, Heinola, Söderström and York all seem pretty close.

Heinola's significant minutes in Liiga play, and top pairing for Finland at the U20 WJC as a 17 year old is impressive.

Ditto with Söderström's SHL play and U20 time for Sweden. Love his skating, right-side shot and the double ö's would look cool on a jersey.

Newhook's skill set is really interesting. After a year, or two, at Boston College, he could come out looking like a very high end prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad