Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I voted Caulfield but it was between he and Podkolzin. Both players with question marks here, but both with immense skill, and at #10 I think you leave the draft laughing with either one.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Podkolzin could easily fall to us and even further. His U18 was not as dominant as a top 10 pick should have been, especially compared to others in the range (Newhook, Boldy, Caufield, even Broberg). Having said that he just scored a great goal in the final. People are assuming he has the most upside. It’s more like he has the highest floor. This is a player who can skate, play defensively, and stick handle. There are questions on his playmaking and whether he can translate his north-south rush style to the NHL. People are thinking Goldobin but its more like Virtanen, with better iq, commitment, and defense, but worse shot and physicality (though P has ok physicality). Is that really what we want here, knowing that he is 2 more years minimum in Russia, and who knows after that? My pick here is Newhook for the reasons stated in the draft thread, mainly upside, dynamic playmaking, IQ, and skating.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'd be trying to trade back aggressively but if I had to pick probably Newhook over caufield mainly just because caufield is so small, biased I know but I cant help it.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad