Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Fan vote draft that will go through each team's board.

Two Day Poll.

Please only vote for a player if you are an Canuck fan.

Who should the Canucks pick at #10?

1. :devils Jack Hughes, C, USNTP 88.6%

2. :rangers Kappo Kakko, RW, TPS 94.0%

3. :hawksBowen Byram, D, Vancouver (WHL) 63.2%

4. :avs Dylan Cozens, C, Lethbridge (WHL) 32.6%

5. :kings Alex Turcotte, C, USNTP (Wisconsin Commit) 48.5%

6.:wingsKirby Dach, C, Saskatoon (WHL)

7. :sabresPeyton Krebs, C, Kootenay (WHL)

8.:edmonton Trevor Zegras, C, USNTP (BU Commit)

9.:ducks2 Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

10. :nucksVasili Podkolzin, RW, SKA (KHL)

Link to the results thread

Last edited:

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
Went with Podkolzin, surprised he is available to us, but Caufield is a good prospect too. Tough choice...
Agreed. It's three forwards with high potential here, but I give the edge to Pod. At this point I also wouldn't hate Soderstrom or Heinola here, although Heinola really hasn't impressed at this tournament so far.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Pretty tough decision between Podz & Caulfield (and even Newhook). All would be really good value picks at 10. Podz could end up being that player 5 years down the road that everyone wonders how/why he slipped so far.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Even if he has a contract to play out - when he gets here, we can be damn sure that he'll be ready. SKA is a great organisation too. Podkolzin is the clear guy to go with.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Fan vote draft that will go through each team's board.

Two Day Poll.

Please only vote for a player if you are an Canuck fan.

Who should the Canucks pick at #10?

Hey, just lurking to watch the Canucks poll as it develops. As an FYI, you have Suzuki listed twice.[/b]

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Down to Newhook or Caulfield for me. Went Newhook but SUPER close. Im glad I dont have to make the decision that matters in these cause a lotta great prospects and tuff to predict which ones will continue to develop, and who stops developing

Reactions: Steely Van

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'd probably take Podkolzin in this scenario as I've never seen him outside the top ten in any draft ranking, but if I were guessing for the Canucks my bet would be Newhook in this spot.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Podkolzin for sure. He has massive potential. In reality I see no way he makes it to us though.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Podkolzin has been number #3 on most draft boards and rankings for the entire season....but on the basis of one, end-of-season international tournament, he's supposedly going to drop out of the top-10?

Canucks desperately need more skill and scoring in their top-six--particularly on the wing. If by some miracle the kid is still on the board at #10, it's a 'no-brainer' isn't it?

Reactions: DFAC

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
never watch Vasili Podkolzin. I just wonder what makes him a good pick? Never seems to score anywhere near PPG in KEL, MHL or VHL.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
10 years from now if you do a redraft i think there is a VERY good chance Pods goes in the top 3. possibly no.1. ( assuming he doesnt go back to russia)
He's that good.
Power winger with speed, hands, offensive instincts. oh baby i imagine him and Horvat racing through the newtral zone.. gives me wood.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Podkolzin is easily the best player here, but I went with Caufield as I don't think our management team would be willing to wait the 2+ years needed for Podz to come over. Their jobs are on the line, and they need impact players sooner rather than later.

I think Podz goes to Detroit at 6 anyways at the draft, and with Caufields tournament (alongside his insane goal totals from the rest of the year) I'd be genuinely surprised if he made it to 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad