Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft Pick #28

Who will The Senators pick #28

• Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brendan Brisson, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

• Brock Faber, D, Univ. of Minnesota Goofs (NCAA)

• Roni Hirvonen, C, Ässät (Liiga)

• Topi Niemelä, D, Kärpät (Liiga)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Awarding the Rangers the obvious first pick and they have another 1st so they'll be able to participate.

:rangers#1 Alexis Lafrenière, LW, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL) Default

:kings#2 Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

:sens#3 Tim Stützle, C, Adler Mannheim (DEL)

:wings#4 Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)

:sens#5 Lucas Raymond, RW/LW, Frölunda HC (SHL)

:ducks#6 Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:devils#7 Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie Otters (OHL)

:sabres#8 Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

:wild#9 Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgårdens IF (SHL)

:jets#10 Jake Sanderson, D, Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)

:nashville#11 Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:panthers#12 Kaiden Guhle, D, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)

:canes#13 Yaroslav Askarov, G, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (VHL)

:edmonton#14 Seth Jarvis, RW, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

:leafs #15 Braden Schneider, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

:habs #16 Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

:hawks #17 Rodion Amirov, LW, Toros Neftekamsk (MHL)

:devils#18 Jacob Perreault, RW, Sarnia Sting (OHL)

:flames#19 Hendrix Lapierre, C, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

:devils#20 Dylan Holloway, C/LW, Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)

:cbj#21 Lukas Reichel, LW, Eisbären Berlin (DEL)

:rangers#22 Ridly Greig, LW, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

:flyers#23 Noel Gunler, LW/RW, Luleå HF (SHL)

:caps#24 Connor Zary, C, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)

:avs#25 John-Jason Peterka, LW, EHC München (DEL)

:blues#26 Ryan O'Rourke, D, Soo Greyhounds (OHL)

:ducks#27 Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

:sens#28 Tyson Foerster, C, Barrie Colts (OHL)

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Foerster

Top line potential if he can improve his skating. Very smart kid with good hands and a shot you can build a powerplay around.

Kind of gamble we should be making with a ton of picks and a prospect pool already overstocked with potential 3rd/4th liners.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Although we already took two forwards, we have to go BPA at #28, even if it is another forward.

Can someone give me about 3 or 4 options from that list who are considered BPA that are remaining, that way I can base my vote off of that.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Went Foerster. Checks a lot of boxes. RW . Goal scorer. Played really well at the top prospects game. Good compete level

Reactions: Bubba Pilks

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I like Mysak here, great motor, can create on his own responsible defensively. Was really good at the WJC as a 17 year old playing against the best players in the world in his age group.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I prefer Jake neighbors at 28 or perhaps our 2nd round pick as he’s a potential SOB and to have two lines of SOB players is hilariously awesome. But from those picks I guess I’d go with Wallinder.

Reactions: SABUMANIA

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Justin Barron. Great skater who was a ton of potential. Could turn out to be the best D from this draft if his health problems are behind him.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Lets be real. This pick is getting traded.

I went Cormier though. He has been an absolute stud this year. If he wasnt hurt most of last year he'd be a top 20 prospect.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I would be crushed to have missed out on Helge Grans by one pick and would settle for William Wallinder.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Please, no more bottom 6 character guys! We have enough of those. I hope we go with some high end skill.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Foerster

Top line potential if he can improve his skating. Very smart kid with good hands and a shot you can build a powerplay around.

Kind of gamble we should be making with a ton of picks and a prospect pool already overstocked with potential 3rd/4th liners.

Actually, I don't think we have a lot of potential 3rd/4th liners

I see Chlapik (already a 4th liner I suppose), Kelly? Davidsson? Gruden? Crookshank? Kastelic? Novak?

Batherson, Brown, Norris are not potential 3rd/4th liners.

Would Pinto, Balcers and Formenton considered potential 3rd/4th liners? They all have at least 2nd line potential.

Abramov is probably top-6/9 or bust. Crookshank seems to have top-9 potential

But that's the thing, the NHL has been shifting, successful teams are having more and more offensive talent on their 3rd line. That's why I prefer to use top-9 nowadays. You need 3 lines that can score to be able to compete in the NHL.

I don't see a lot of guys with a max ceiling of 4th liner, Kelly and Kastelic maybe. Davidsson pre-injury had top-9 potential, no idea of what he will be going forward. For Gruden and even Novak it's a bit early but their chances of eventually making the team will get very thin after this week. I don't see anyone fitting that description outside of these 5 guys

But totally agreed on the principle. With the young players already on the team, all the promising prospects, the high picks, we won't need depht, we can afford to swing for homeruns with every pick.

Although we already took two forwards, we have to go BPA at #28, even if it is another forward.

Can someone give me about 3 or 4 options from that list who are considered BPA that are remaining, that way I can base my vote off of that.

Have a pretty good feeling about Wallinder. Also wouldn't mind Peterka. Barron, Grans, Mysak, there seems to be several guys that would be good picks. Or watch for a guy ranked higher that dropped

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad