• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Please ignore Morrow!

I had to take a family member to ER and sent the night in the parking lot. So friggin' tired.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Picked L'Heureux because I feel like he's an element that Minnesota is missing; provided everything comes back okay.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Went Stankoven, but could've gone Bourgault. C's that might be wings in the NHL. There's nothing I don't like about Stankoven except his size, but at least he looks stocky. Really good skater, good stick skills, really good shot.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Went Stankoven, but could've gone Bourgault. C's that might be wings in the NHL. There's nothing I don't like about Stankoven except his size, but at least he looks stocky. Really good skater, good stick skills, really good shot.
6+ months of center or bust in the 1st round and then you pick the 5'7 winger?:dunno:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Went with Zachary L'Heureux, myself. I worry that he's maybe another Bussieres, going higher in the draft than he should due to his physical game, but maybe he's another Tom Wilson instead?

In any case, I know very little about most of these guys, so I chose my favorite name. It's no Clutterbuck, but it's pretty good, still.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Would have picked Bourgault with the 22nd. Not sure about his pace but the guy ticks alot of the Wild boxes - can play up and down all four lines, can play both center and wing, and has a good shot. If he doesn't pair will with Kaprizov, he can pair with Boldy. If not Boldy, he'll still fit with the JEE shutdown line.

Missing a big name on that list - Brennan Othmann. Also Samu Tuomaala.

So if I had my way with who was left on the list, we would end up with Xavier Bourgault and Brennan Othmann. Maybe not 1st line guys but 2 middle six wingers with great shots and reliable all-round games.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would have picked Bourgault with the 22nd. Not sure about his pace but the guy ticks alot of the Wild boxes - can play up and down all four lines, can play both center and wing, and has a good shot. If he doesn't pair will with Kaprizov, he can pair with Boldy. If not Boldy, he'll still fit with the JEE shutdown line.

Missing a big name on that list - Brennan Othmann. Also Samu Tuomaala.

So if I had my way with who was left on the list, we would end up with Xavier Bourgault and Brennan Othmann. Maybe not 1st line guys but 2 middle six wingers with great shots and reliable all-round games.
Othmann is great, but for me i think we can get similar skill with guys who can play C in Bougault, Bolduc, Samoskevich, and Stankoven. He should be on the list, for sure. I also seem him as being similar to Beckman.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Really hoping the Wild don't actually take Raty at 21 so we can get Bourgault and Bolduc

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Othmann is great, but for me i think we can get similar skill with guys who can play C in Bougault, Bolduc, Samoskevich, and Stankoven. He should be on the list, for sure. I also seem him as being similar to Beckman.

That's why this draft is so interesting. Alot of good/middling talented players with huge question marks on top of whole season missing from COVID. Bolduc (upside?), Samoskevich (play away from such a dominant USHL team and Coronato?), Stankoven (size?).

Also, I'm personally not so adamant of must get a centerman with one of the 1sts when I look at our right wing prospects. I think Lodnia is our best RW.

While it would by nice to get a C or RW, for me Othmann has the least risk while still have a bit of upside which makes me forget the position and go for BPA. I am also eyeing Samu Tuomala who is a RW and great offensive upside and had a really good U-18.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Really hoping the Wild don't actually take Raty at 21 so we can get Bourgault and Bolduc

Same. While I still think he's a solid late 1st round pick, I would only pick him if center was our only lacking position. In fact, we need RW, C, defense, and goalie (I argue now that Kaahkonen is well cemented as a our 1B, we need to start developing our next goalie as they take the longest and we got ... Hunter Jones? Fine I guess?)

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00