Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Who will Detroit pick with Washington's 1st?

1.:sabres Owen Power (D) Univ. of Michigan

2. :seattle Matthew Beniers (C) Univ. of Michigan

3. :ducksLuke Hughes (D) U.S. National U18 Team

4. :devilsBrandt Clarke (D) HC Nove Zamky

5. :cbjMason McTavish (C) Olten

6.:wingsSimon Edvinsson (D) Frölunda HC

7. :sharksWilliam Eklund (C/LW) Djurgårdens

8. :kingsDylan Guenther (LW/RW) Edmonton Oil Kings

9.:nucksKent Johnson (C) Univ. of Michigan

10. :sensChaz Lucius (C) U.S. National U18 Team

12. :hawksFabian Lysell (RW) Luleå

13. :flamesCole Sillinger (C) Sioux Falls Stampede

14. :flyersMatthew Coronato (LW) Chicago Steel

15. :starsCarson Lambos (D) JYP U20

16.:rangers Jesper Wallstedt (G) Luleå HF

17.:bluesFyodor Svechkov (W/C) Ladia Togliatti

18. :jets Corson Ceulemans (D) Brooks Bandits

19. :nashvilleNikita Chibrikov (LW/RW) SKA St. Petersburg

20.:edmontonSebastian Cossa (G) Edmonton Oil Kings

21.:bruinsFrancesco Pinelli (C) HDD Jesenice

:wildAatu Räty (C) Kärpät

23. :wings??????

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Rosen, Bourgault, Samoskevich, and Olausson are highest on my board in this scenario. In that order. Personally I would be tempted to go Bourgault here, I really like him.

Not sure what direction the Wings would go? I could see them liking someone like Othmann a lot. Or maybe they continue taking all the Swedes and take Rosen or Olausson.

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
I voted Xavier Bourgault. He's a smart, slippery forward with good offensive skills. The only reservations I have are that I'm not sure he's a center in the NHL and he's been criticized as being more complimentary than play-driver.

There are a lot of solid options though, and I'd support any of Xavier Bourgault, Matthew Samoskevich, Isak Rosén, or Zach Dean. I like Aleksi Heimosalmi quite a bit too, but we can probably nab him with the 37th.

Edit: changing bandwagons to Samoskevich because it's too close between him and L'Heureux, and I'm really not a fan of L'Heureux.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Knowing that we went with Edvinsson at 6, I would probably go for Bourgault here. I don't know if there's much that interests me. Had we gone with a forward, I would take a long look at Kirill Kirsanov (not listed). He has a steady defensive profile that probably looks nice next to Hronek in the future.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Knowing that we went with Edvinsson at 6, I would probably go for Bourgault here. I don't know if there's much that interests me. Had we gone with a forward, I would take a long look at Kirill Kirsanov (not listed). He has a steady defensive profile that probably looks nice next to Hronek in the future.

Kirsanov is my 2nd pick here for sure but I hold hope that he would be available at 37, realistically.

Reactions: Martinez

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Kirsanov is my 2nd pick here for sure but I hold hope that he would be available at 37, realistically.

I would really have more time for him if we went with a forward early on. I don't mind going with a fairly safe defensive left D late in the first. Personally I would have gone with Eklund at 6, so getting one of those anchors at a position of need would be nice.

With Edvinsson at 6, it makes me feel like I can kind of swing freely a little bit on an offensive forward. I think Bourgault really represents that here.

Would have taken a flier on Raty if he were still available here. Could also see Rosen, Samoskevich, Olausson. I'm also intrigued by Pastujov quite a bit.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I would really have more time for him if we went with a forward early on. I don't mind going with a fairly safe defensive left D late in the first. Personally I would have gone with Eklund at 6, so getting one of those anchors at a position of need would be nice.

With Edvinsson at 6, it makes me feel like I can kind of swing freely a little bit on an offensive forward. I think Bourgault really represents that here.

Would have taken a flier on Raty if he were still available here. Could also see Rosen, Samoskevich, Olausson. I'm also intrigued by Pastujov quite a bit.

Personally not big on Bourgault but we all have opinions and I can see why he could be picked here. I would not have been against Raty even though I slightly prefer Samoskevich and Kirsanov. I think Kirsanov is much better offensively than people seem to give him credit for. He's a two-way defenseman through and through, at least in my opinion! I have him very high.

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
People sleeping on Robertsson, Rosen and Stromgren

I'm one that isn't sleeping on them. I like both (Robertsson and Rosen) a lot but went with Samoskevich because he has center potential where the other two are true wingers. I would love to see us move back into the first and take one of them or Borgault.

Reactions: Killerjas

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I see bunch of good defenseman I could vote for. Rosen I think is the best forward available, that is why we should get forward at 6, Eklund was available. I like us to get center,so I stayed observe

Reactions: stor harig bjorn

aFish

blub blub blub
Jun 23, 2014
Ontario
I'm surprised no one is voting for Bolduc. Doubt he drops to 23, but if he did, and our first pick was Edvinsson, he'd be an easy selection for me.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I went with Svozil.

One of the few players of those left to choose, that I've actually watched and I loved how he played :)

I do think we'd do pretty well to walk out of the 1st round with both Edvinsson and Svozil. Between the two of them, you've got to believe we have at least one 2nd pairing LHD. Best case we could find a long term partner for both Seider and Hronek (although I think that's pretty optimistic).

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
My assessment...

"BPA":
Brennan Othmann (LW)
Best center available: Zachary Bolduc
Best defender available: Stanislav Svozil

Others I considered a lot here are:
Simon Robertsson (RW)
Logan Stankoven (C/RW)
Isak Rosen (LW/RW)

...Particularly Rosen and Stankoven.

Conclusion:
I'm not sure that Bolduc is a huge difference maker in the NHL. I think Svozil could have more of an impact than him albeit mostly on the defensive end. Othmann I think could really surprise. To me, this comes down to Othmann (BPA) vs Svozil (need). And look, we already drafted a defender in the first round at sixth pick. So, I'm going Othmann here.

Reactions: majormajor

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
My assessment...

"BPA":
Brennan Othmann (LW)
Best center available: Zachary Bolduc
Best defender available: Stanislav Svozil

Others I considered a lot here are:
Simon Robertsson (RW)
Logan Stankoven (C/RW)
Isak Rosen (LW/RW)

...Particularly Rosen and Stankoven.

Conclusion:
I'm not sure that Bolduc is a huge difference maker in the NHL. I think Svozil could have more of an impact than him albeit mostly on the defensive end. Othmann I think could really surprise. To me, this comes down to Othmann (BPA) vs Svozil (need). And look, we already drafted a defender in the first round at sixth pick. So, I'm going Othmann here.

I missed Othmann, he would probably be my pick as well. I would think pretty hard about Bourgault, Bolduc and L'Heureux as well. Zach Dean would be on my radar here too but I think I would hope he falls to the wings first second rounder

Reactions: DetroitRed

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I missed Othmann, he would probably be my pick as well. I would think pretty hard about Bourgault, Bolduc and L'Heureux as well. Zach Dean would be on my radar here too but I think I would hope he falls to the wings first second rounder
I really think I can reduce the race for "BPA" here, for myself, down to Othmann, Rosen and Stankoven.

If I wanted to draft need, then I would consider Bolduc and Svozil, but I think both of those guys are a tier below Othmann, Rosen and Stankoven.

Oh, and if for some reason I wanted a right-wing, then I would look more into Robertsson, but it's not at the top of my list.

So yeah, I personally like Othmann over Rosen and Stankoven. He's tried and true in that Swiss adult league and looks like his floor is higher than that of the others, if not his ceiling as well.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
For those who want to see us get meaner I imagine the prospect of walking out of the first round with McTavish and one of L'Heureux or Othmann is pretty enticing.

Wouldn't necessarily be my preference, but I see the appeal.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
For those who want to see us get meaner I imagine the prospect of walking out of the first round with McTavish and one of L'Heureux or Othmann is pretty enticing.

Wouldn't necessarily be my preference, but I see the appeal.
If Pinelli not available I'd take both Mctavish and Outhman. I don't believe we are going to get defenseman in the first round

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I went with L'Heureux. I like a lot of the players here similarly so it was a tough choice but I think that he just has a lot going for him. Obviously is a very mean player and would be good to complement some of our more skill-types. Can drive the net and bury the puck with the best of them. I think offensively he's underrated because of everything else he does, but he was a big part of the offense in Halifax this year and has a lot more to give than just physicality. Sure he's smaller, but to me L'Heureux is the player that everyone wishes McTavish was.

Reactions: MBH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad