TEAM 1200 in Ottawa latest to talk about players revolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilmanjohnny

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Listening to AJ and Lee on the TEAM 1200 in Ottawa. They're doing an all nighter. They're picking up on this player revolt story. They keep talking to a guy in Phoenix, who says players and agents are planning an offer behind Goodenow. You can listen live on team1200.com

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
i'm not denying that people are reporting this..but we've seen a lot of other bogus stuff reported in the past months.

you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. i can't handle any more of that. this tragedy in four acts is finally over, and i intend to accept that.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
Im sure, nothing will happen in PHOENIX...come on there all in Toronto and New York, this is B.S....Just deal with it, HOCKEYS OVER..I would love it, if it was true though. :)

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
From that article:

"I've learned that the players are so upset; they are literally exploring legal options as of late Wednesday to see if they can somehow accept the league's final offer of a salary cap of $42.5 million.

I believe the players want to be back on the ice because right now the owners have them by the throat. Since they've already agreed to a salary cap, what’s stopping the league from setting the cap in the mid 30's next summer?"

I actually do believe that some players feel this way right now. But are there enough of them that do? And are they going to get together and do anything about it anytime soon? Maybe...

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Battousai said:
I'm sorry, but that's just such a poorly written article. Too vague, way too personal...it's not good journalism at all.

Not only is the journalistic integrity below par, but the level of diction is about sixth grade.

likea

Jul 9, 2004
tuckerdomi said:
Im sure, nothing will happen in PHOENIX...come on there all in Toronto and New York, this is B.S....Just deal with it, HOCKEYS OVER..I would love it, if it was true though. :)

ya, cause phones don't work in PHOENIX

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
tuckerdomi said:

Gtrezky is in Phoenix. He was a big player in the last labour dispute...

Not saying anything is happening, but I could easily see him, Mario, and a few others deciding to take back control of the league from these jokers... It's happened before.

two out of three*

Kryoptix said:
what they said?

Just that they found the link to the Phoenix channel on hockeysfuture.

I posted our proposal in hope they read again.

BlueShirt

Feb 17, 2005
MSG
I just heard about this board listening to the streaming feed from 1200 in Ottawa. Nice to find fellow fans to sulk with.

They are saying on 1200 that 450 + players are behind this mutiny.

two out of three*

I hope the TEAM surfs this thread one more time, and figure out how much credibility that guys got.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
radio stations that use hockey messageboards as sources hold about as much water with me as posters who use Eklund as a source.

But hey, this all seems cyclical, so maybe we're on to something!

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I can't believe Team1200 let Eklund on and actually called him EKLUND. I was cracking up every time they actually used the name "Eklund" to talk to him.

two out of three*

Can somebody call in, and set these guys straight.. Tell them how credible Eklund is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad