News Article: TBN: Another beauty from Harrington

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/many-questions-but-sabres-wont-answer-20150427

"This is organizational arrogance to the highest degree, from an organization that has no business being so full of itself. Lest we forget, there have been no playoff series wins since 2007 and no playoff games at all since 2011. And the good bet is that won’t change until 2017 at the earliest."

Dear Mike: Contrary to what you believe, you speak for no one but yourself. Please don't use us, the fans, as a reason for your purely mental rants.

Bps21*

"The week prior to the NHL Draft Lottery, The News made a formal request with the Sabres to hold a respectable gathering looking back and looking ahead."

Lol. Respectable gathering. The news embarrassed itself in Darcy's last one of these (in an event where darcy declared fans would have to suffer...the news manage to somehow lower itself to steal the show as the biggest joke around) and has embarrassed itself in print ever since. Bucky and his flip flopping to whatever is anti sabres, harrington General ************* in all things sabres related...

And they have the nerve to request a "respectable gathering"

Go **** yourself harrington.

How does such a great hockey market have to deal with such ****ing amateurs covering Hockey?

Yes...I'd love for Murray to have a conversation about the future. Unfortunately there isn't anyone around qualified to ask the questions.

Bps21*

At least he allows that it isn't murrays call to not have the thing. And rightfully point out that murray loves to talk about the team and answer every question.

But then he misses the entire point. The sabres aren't witholding information from us...they're witholding access from YOU. And I commend them for it. Because you are a clown show.

We have no shortage of murray quotes going around, too many for some. What we don't have is the buffalo news getting its name on them.

Good.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
To be fair, it is a little odd they didn't have a season ending presser. I am sure a lack of professionalism all season long by TBN in particular (calling the organization an "open disgrace" and worse as the season pushed on) probably didn't help the issue. I think the phrase "don't feed the trolls" applies here.

To TBN writers (Since I know at least one of you reads the boards here):

Team/media relations is a two way street. if you take every press conference and turn it into an opportunity to grand stand with frankly stupid questions that have no merit in order to fill out your season ending articles, they're going to stop doing them. The Sabres have plenty of mediums to get word out to the fans. They don't need print to communicate with them.

Bps21*

At the Evander kane trade conference sully likened the signing of incognito and his legit well documented character issues that saw him thrown out of a league that doesn't want to punish guys who knock out women in elevators to Evander Kane tweeting and instagraming his way out of the hearts of winnipeg fans.

And he's not even the second worst person in the sports department.

I hope they never talk the the paper again.

flyingpig

Pay the Troll Toll
May 26, 2006
Pay the troll toll
He poses the questions he would like to ask. Its ironic that everyone of them has been discussed on this board. I wonder where he got them? sour grapes.

Bps21*

Those aren't the questions they would ask...those are the "what can we say we'd ask to make us look like martyrs". It would be the usual character assassinations and unprofessional behavior.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Print is dead.

The Sabres know it. You and I know it. Dogs know it. Everyone knows it except the clowns at TBN.

Newspapers are no longer the gatekeepers of information for the public, they just haven't come to terms with that yet. Frankly there's no reason the Sabres would ever need to talk to that rag ever again.

Bps21*

How dare they not have the press conference!!!!

Nevermind you could hear Murray at the draft lottery, or on WGR or Canadian radio over and over, or in that ESPN article after the draft lottery, or on sabres.com, or at that Nolan is fired press conference...

HOW DARE HE NOT TALK TO US ON OUR TERMS AFTER WE SPENT THE ENTIRE YEAR TELLING EVERYONE WHAT A LYING PIECE OF **** HE IS!!!! ...we asked respectfully.

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
TBN does the Sabres organization a great service.... they take a lot of the heat off the failures of this team in recent... uhh, well, their entire history and fixate the Buffalo fans' attention on their horrible, ghastly, compassionless articles.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
TM strikes me as someone who would post a series of Vine videos answering the questions instead.

Really? He strikes me as someone who hasn't a clue what vine is.

Also, that guy is definitely either an active poster here undercover or lurks hard based on those questions. I'd like an end of season presser just so Murray can fire quips and one-liners back at these baboons.

Last edited:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I'm not clicking or reading it.

I would like to know why NY Orangeman and a few others here read his stuff? Why do some follow him on Twitter?

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Now that the McEichel season is over, do you plan to be around the NHL team more rather than attending junior or college games?

lmao, why wouldn't these guys want to host the BN so that you can ask such hard hitting and isnightful questions? :laugh:

in related "news", i haven't bought a paper in about 3-4 years. fortunately my neighbor does, and i use his old ones to start my fireplace.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
JytugvB.jpg

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

I would like to know why NY Orangeman and a few others here read his stuff? Why do some follow him on Twitter?

NHL fan bases were able to organize to enough to get Rory Fitzpatrick almost voted into the all star game.... why can't they organize to make hacks irrelevant?

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com

I read an article on the Sabres from the hometown paper and I'm questioned? Ok...sure.:shakehead:shakehead

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Aristotle

Last edited:

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Print is dead.

The Sabres know it. You and I know it. Dogs know it. Everyone knows it except the clowns at TBN.

Newspapers are no longer the gatekeepers of information for the public, they just haven't come to terms with that yet. Frankly there's no reason the Sabres would ever need to talk to that rag ever again.

I agree with you.

The sabres disseminate the bulk of their information via social network, plus they have guys like Brian Duff who act as the internal journalist to ask questions and get answers out there. Does this create a kind of skewed and one-sided view of the organization? Sure, a little bit, but there is no way in hell that management answers all of the questions Mike claims he would ask (personal opinion, i doubt very much that he would ask even a quarter of those questions).

Anyways, the only people who are butt hurt about the lack of access is TBN. It's kind of funny watching them beat their tiny little fists against the wall and cry "foul." Sour grapes indeed.

Oh, and does EVERY club actually do a press conference? Or is this just hyperbole on Mikey's part?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad