Confirmed with Link: TBL sign Mitchell Stephens to a three-year, ELC

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Stephens' hands are underrated and he's very poised with the puck. He's an excellent complimentary forward with some skill who will be a favorite of coaches throughout his career. He could have the same impact on the Lightning eventually as Ondrej Palat (or Callahan had with the Rangers earlier in his career).

The second rounder won't turn 20 until February, so while he can join Syracuse now, he has to go back to juniors next fall if he doesn't make the Lightning - which isn't expected. He will probably captain the Spirit next season and may wear a letter for Canada next Christmas.
http://boltprospects.com/content/lightning-sign-f-mitchell-stephens-entry-level-deal

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I worked for the Spirit this season so I got to see him play a lot. He has a very good and heavy wrist shot. I wish he made more of an impact on a shift to shift basis, he isn't that noticeable when he doesn't have the puck. Just like the prospect info said, he'll be a great complimentary player. He didn't have anyone to feed him the puck this season, but he was very opportunistic when he got it on his stick. I think he could have a consistent 20-20 type of career if given the ice time and opportunities.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I worked for the Spirit this season so I got to see him play a lot. He has a very good and heavy wrist shot. I wish he made more of an impact on a shift to shift basis, he isn't that noticeable when he doesn't have the puck. Just like the prospect info said, he'll be a great complimentary player. He didn't have anyone to feed him the puck this season, but he was very opportunistic when he got it on his stick. I think he could have a consistent 20-20 type of career if given the ice time and opportunities.

Without really having anything to base it on, I view his ceiling as a 3rd line energy guy that is good for 25-30 points a season. That sound about right?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
That's a pretty low ceiling for a guy that's been compared to Callahan (well pre this year Callahan).

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
That's a pretty low ceiling for a guy that's been compared to Callahan (well pre this year Callahan).

I think he's got a Callahan type game, but I don't know if he has the scoring that Callahan had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad