Recalled/Assigned: TBL Recall Nikita Nesterov from AHL SYR

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
Radko Gudas will miss tonight's game, that made the recall of Nesterov necessary and he is expected to make his NHL debut tonight

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Are their feeds any better for AHL? I was under the belief they just rehosted the AHL neulion feed, which is complete crap.

Not sure. I'ts usually standard quality, definitely not high def but you also get NHL games, Junior Games, WJC, AHL, etc.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Well heard Nesterov stepped up his game and was making a push for it. Good for him to join his Friend in Kucherov and Vasi up here in the big club. Here is to hoping he makes a good impact! :handclap:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Big/surprising step forward for Nesterov this year. One of many pleasant surprises in the organization. And now he's going to get an NHL game under his belt.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/BoltProspects
So Nesterov wins the D race for first call-up. Passes Witkowski, who got in preseason games and was last cut. Speaks to how improved NN is.
Of note: Nesterov is a lefty, but has played the right side a lot both with Russia and Syracuse.
https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith
Crunch coach Rob Zettler told @Dan_DUva that Nesterov has grown "leaps and bounds" from last year. Skating + moving puck w confidence
To make room for Nesterov, the #tblightning have placed D Jason Garrison on IR retroactive to Dec. 20, he's eligible to come off at any time
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/lightning-recall-defenseman-nikita-nesterov/2212028
"He's competing more physically, but the biggest thing is that he's skating," Zettler said. "He's very confident with the puck and he's moving puck with authority. He's got snap on his passes and puts it on the tape. He's committed himself to working harder and smarter and more efficiently in practice and it's showing up in his game. He deserves a chance to play. He's been one of our top defensemen all year long."

When asked how Nesterov will fit in the Lightning lineup, Zettler appeared confident.

"I think he'll be fine," Zettler told D'Uva. "He'll move pucks quickly, which is what they want up there. It's a speed game and he can skate, he can move pucks and skate. If he can do those things, he'll be fine."

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Not this time my friend.

Why would a D coming up affect Connolly anyway, if they called up Marschault then maybe there's some smoke.

Yzer-smoke and mirrors. No one would suspect a forward to be traded when you call up a dman.

But in the end it was just to cover for the beard. How is Nester at growing facial hair?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Nesterov wearing #89 tonight.

Kucherov #86, _______ #87, Vasilevskiy #88, Nesterov #89, and Namestnikov #90.

Just need 1 more Russian.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad