Confirmed Trade: [TBL/NJD] Louis Domingue for 2021 conditional 7th round pick

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I still don’t understand why the lightning didn’t keep him for the backup role and went out and spent more on McElhinney...

Because we wanted cost certainty for next season and Domingue, who wants a better shot at a starting role, wouldn’t agree to an extension. This way at least we have a backup signed at a known price for 2020-21 - it’s just one less thing to have to worry about in what will be a very difficult summer for us cap-wise.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Whenever he played for other not too good teams, Domingue looked bad. I highly doubt this changes anything for the Devils, unless they tighten up defensively.

Reactions: qqaz

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Whenever he played for other not too good teams, Domingue looked bad. I highly doubt this changes anything for the Devils, unless they tighten up defensively.

they've been much better the past few games. Goaltending is why they've lost the last few.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
they've been much better the past few games. Goaltending is why they've lost the last few.
Goaltending wasnt the issue tonight but it deff has been for most of our games. I doubt Domingue will change that but our AHL could use some help if he doesbt play alot of games for us at the NHL level.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
He'll be the starter by next week.

Schneider and Blackwood are trash.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Darn. Was hoping the Devils might take a flyer on Allen for a similar level return.
I was actually hoping the Blues would trade for Domingue and bury Allen in the A. Maybe the Devils getting Domingue was the key for the Allen and a 1st for Hall and Domingue trade to go down. :laugh:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This has literally no bearing on Schneider's contract

Domingue is UFA after this year and Schneider can't be bought out until June
With Schneider‘a injury history good option to have a solid 3rd option if they need it.

if they do buy out Schneider in June they’d likely find someone with starter experience to pair with Blackwood.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Hopefully they send Schneider to the minors.

Nice guy, but he’s finished.

ArizonaCoyotes19

May 28, 2008
Winnipeg
hockeylists.com
As a Coyote fan Domingue is garbage. He had one good 10 game span and then he fell apart. He is mentally weak, makes dumb decisions and puts himself out of position. Coyotes would not have started 0-20 a couple of seasons ago if Domingue would have played half decent.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He had like one highlight reel save each game only to let in two soft goals afterwards. Tampa offense bailed him out big time and upped their game when Vasi went down injured and scored at an almost 5 goals per game pace when he was in net. That’s why his wins stat looks insane while his SV% and GAA were just average at best. He’s a good guy and I do think he has improved his game in his time with Tampa but he’s streaky, emotional and just not that good. But this could be his “gotta show them all” moment that turns his career around.

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think that Louis Domingue was playing quite well when needed for Tampa Bay Lightning last season, but maybe not spectacularly awesomely well. Some nice wins but Curtis McBackup can deliver that kind of performance for less future dollars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad