Confirmed with Link: [TBL/MIN] Lightning trade Zach Bogosian for 7th round pick in 2025

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
With this move, Tampa will now be approx 45k over the cap when Vasy returns(after sending Tomkins down) with a 23 player roster. Merela likely will get sent down again though, and the team will be cap compliant with 22 players.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
With this move, Tampa will now be approx 45k over the cap when Vasy returns(after sending Tomkins down) with a 23 player roster. Merela likely will get sent down again though, and the team will be cap compliant with 22 players.
The key is once Merela is down, we will accrue some cap space for the first time in forever. Also need to account for Sheary coming back though.

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sad day. I absolutely loved Bogosian. I wish you and your children nothing but the best. Thank you for the Cup and the memories
I agree with you, I love him. Cheap D, solid and always ready for stand up for a teammate. We only have left Cernak, the only D who can show some heart clearing the crease from the rest 7 D in the roster. I always thought that Cooper don't like him at all.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Minny is cleaning us up, getting guys who can still play for nothing. Bogo is the best defensively between him, Fleury, Raddysh, DeHann and Perbix at the moment, which says a lot more about the other guys than it does him.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
giphy.gif

So we're counting on Fleury and Sheary?

Tank time approacheth if Vasy isn't old Vasy. Because Bogo was the one D we could count on in the bottom pairing. Perbix has fallen apart (so far) and Fleury skates worse than my 78 year old mother in law who walks with a cane.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Bolts have been trying to trade him since at least training camp. Glad we could finally accommodate him.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'll miss Bogo, hopefully he gets some more playing time in Minny. Character guy. Our defense looks pretty damn soft right about now.

Maroon is on pace for over 60 points up there.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I'll miss Bogo, hopefully he gets some more playing time in Minny. Character guy. Our defense looks pretty damn soft right about now.

He potted a beaut last night -top shelf

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The key is once Merela is down, we will accrue some cap space for the first time in forever. Also need to account for Sheary coming back though.
I did account for the anchor Sheary in my calculation, unfortunately. Yeah, after likely sending Merela down once he's back, Tampa would then have around 800k in cap space with a 22 player roster. They still won't accrue any cap though I believe because of Seabrook's ltir situation.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Both are LHDs though, my guess is Jack Thompson gets a couple of games at some point.
Tampa hasn't often cared that much about handedness, especially on lower d pairs, and I have doubts Thompson is ready/would be any better than who they have up right now. Hopefully, Perbix starts to look like the Perbix of last year soon enough and it won't be an issue.

Reactions: Meuracas

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Both are LHDs though, my guess is Jack Thompson gets a couple of games at some point.
I think Thompson will be a good add.to the blue line but was hoping they could wait until next season, so he'd have one more year in Syracuse to gain experience. If he's ready this year though and gives them the better chance to win over someone else(Perbix/Fleury), come on down!

Reactions: Meuracas

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
Tampa hasn't often cared that much about handedness, especially on lower d pairs, and I have doubts Thompson is ready/would be any better than who they have up right now. Hopefully, Perbix starts to look like the Perbix of last year soon enough and it won't be an issue.
Yeah I absolutely agree he most likely won’t be better or ready but especially in case of injuries, who else do we have? Fleury sucks, Myers should be sent to the Gulag and I wonder if Carlile or Day are any less of a hazard than Thompson…

Reactions: JTBF81

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
giphy.gif

So we're counting on Fleury and Sheary?

Tank time approacheth if Vasy isn't old Vasy. Because Bogo was the one D we could count on in the bottom pairing. Perbix has fallen apart (so far) and Fleury skates worse than my 78 year old mother in law who walks with a cane.
idk what fleury you have been watching but that sounds like cal foote to me. i never even notice fleury when he's playing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad