Confirmed with Link: [TBL/MIN] Lightning trade Pat Maroon (20% Retained) and Maxim Cajkovic to Minnesota for a 2024 7th Round Pick

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
nice to get faster. idk why we needed to retain but i guess it doesn’t matter much

Reactions: DaBolts

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
this has nothing to do with the cap. it doesn’t really open any cap space since his roster spot is gonna be taken by someone making around the same amount of money.

he is just too old and slow for us to keep around and jbb realized that cooper was never gonna bench him so he needed to be traded

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
The Florida Man era is over. Thanks for the 2 Cups Big Rig, you will be missed.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Really sad to see Big Rig go. JBB has to have something in the works here, you don't just trade a good depth guy and fantastic locker room guy (and retain salary) just for a 7th round pick.

Tatar incoming? Tarasenko?

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Really sad to see Big Rig go. JBB has to have something in the works here, you don't just trade a good depth guy and fantastic locker room guy (and retain salary) just for a 7th round pick.

Tarasenko, please.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Wow. Kind of feels like the locker room changes a bit with this one. He was a veteran presence that at least provided the policing on the team whenever, even if he wasn't a great fighter. Gonna miss the heck out of him. Too slow and the game gets faster but I hope JBB has something good up his sleeve cause this one stings. Culture guy and definitely left a great mark in our organization in a brief time. All the best big rig.

Also, entire 4th line is going to be new. Big identity change here. Risky.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

That's my guess. At this point it's less about replacing Killorn as much as it becomes a different look. We went through the exact same thing by 2016. Everyone figured out TKO, Stamkos Callahan, Killer and Filppula and it wasn't until we added Gourde, Cirelli, Point and Sergachev that we morphed into the animal that won us championships.

If Jeannot returns to form this is gonna be a bitch of a team to beat. And if we signed a guy like Tank we should be betting favorites for the title

Wow. Kind of feels like the locker room changes a bit with this one. He was a veteran presence that at least provided the policing on the team whenever, even if he wasn't a great fighter. Gonna miss the heck out of him. Too slow and the game gets faster but I hope JBB has something good up his sleeve cause this one stings. Culture guy and definitely left a great mark in our organization in a brief time. All the best big rig.

Also, entire 4th line is going to be new. Big identity change here. Risky.

We got culture for days

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Maroon had a M-NTC, I'm guessing he was willing to go to Minnesota because he is from the mid-west

Max Cajkovic was a swing for the fences pick that missed

I think they would have similar cap savings if they sent him to Syracuse, so they did the honorable thing and sent him to a team that will keep him up.

Reactions: NatoGhost

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Faster doesn't mean anything if they're ineffective, our 4th line has been excellent in every single run. JBB definitely taking a a gamble here because there's not much he can do to help the top6.
They have been very good, but how long do we keep running a 35+ year old 4th line? We all knew it was time to re-tool the roster. Probably should have been done after the loss to Colorado, but we were riding the high of 3 deep runs.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Don't like the move. We've lost even mkre grit and leadership. I get he's slow, but he hasn't really hurt us on the 4th line, not affraid to step up for the boys too. Jeannot is our only fighter now as well.

Interesting choice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad