Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] F Anthony Cirelli signs extension with the Lightning (8 years, $6.25M AAV)

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Lol. You couldn't stick to the topic and flat out admit you're gloating by comparing the two so you defer to: "yeah lots of injuries on both sides for sure." Duh. The topic was about Cirelli's contract. If you want to say he "got caved in," then at least acknowledge he played with two bum shoulders. Otherwise, you just look foolish.

I literally acknowledged he was injured when I said “yeah” and then mentioned injuries lol. You’d be foolish to think he was the only one injured. Defensive stud and I’d pay this to Cirelli too, but my whole point was both of them deserve the price tag. Regardless cirelli got caved in against the avs compared to every other series and I’ll let you use the injuries as the reason, doesn’t bother me.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I literally acknowledged he was injured when I said “yeah” and then mentioned injuries lol. You’d be foolish to think he was the only one injured. Defensive stud and I’d pay this to Cirelli too, but my whole point was both of them deserve the price tag. Regardless cirelli got caved in against the avs compared to every other series and I’ll let you use the injuries as the reason, doesn’t bother me.
I never mentioned there weren't injuries, did I? Or even insinuate it. I don't care about Nichushkins contract in a cirelli thread but I stated in that thread - worth it, absolutely.

He "got caved in" on two bum shoulders, not because Nichushkin bent him over a barrel. I'm sure most players would. And this is coming from a tampa fan that would have rather seen us trade him. Thank you for "letting me" use injuries for the guy that scored a couple goals without a good shoulder on his frame.

Also, he was a ghost offensively til the avs series so that doesn't help the argument.... which is part of why I would've rather seen him moved. I actually prefer Lehkonen as a comparison to him, which is a much better deal imo.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Never really got the love for Cirelli to be honest. Every time I watch him I get the impression he is over-rated. This contract furthers that. 6.25 per year for a guy that is a .5ppg player that is decent defensively. Ouch.

Chrysalis99

Fredo Fatquilini SUCKS
Nov 16, 2021
Danbury Trashers
The Bolts are obviously banking on him to improve and also understand the cap is increasing in a couple years. The writing also seems to be on the wall for Stamkos and Hedman. It's harsh but the reality of the situation. Their time in Tampa is probably at an end when their current contracts expire. The Bolts are still in a pickle and over the cap lI it. Guess Killorn gets moved for "future considerations" next?

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
He's not some defensive god that some people like to make him out to be. If he was a perennial Selkie candidate that would be a completely different story. He's just not. I'd put him in the Decent/good category. Above average? Yeah, amazing? Eh.....sorry no.

He's 24 and finished 5th in Selke voting last year. He's definitely in the conversation for favorites next year.

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
This doesn’t seem that bad

Did briboise flip the numbers on the Sergachev deal?

8.5 meant to be 5.8
As a Tampa fan 8.5 is a MASSIVE overpay for a guy who routinely throws the puck over the glass in the d zone every other week.

You can’t justify it unless he blows up.

He's not some defensive god that some people like to make him out to be. If he was a perennial Selkie candidate that would be a completely different story. He's just not. I'd put him in the Decent/good category. Above average? Yeah, amazing? Eh.....sorry no.
Never understood the Selke talk with Cirelli.

Reactions: Bolt32

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad