Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Erik Cernak signs extension (3 years, $2.95M AAV)

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
He's a good young player(only 23), but 3mil a year is a lot for that kind of player he is right now considering TBL's cap situation. They must be anticipating increased responsibility for him

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If someone offersheets Cirelli right now does that mean Tampa has one week to get under the off-season cap or else they can’t match? If so I don’t know why teams aren’t considering this.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

They won’t sign Cirelli until Kucherov goes on LTIR. Guess they already have a deal lined up but can’t go over the 10% limit.

If someone offersheets Cirelli right now does that mean Tampa has one week to get under the off-season cap or else they can’t match? If so I don’t know why teams aren’t considering this.

Tampa obviously has a handshake deal.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Correct me if I'm wrong, but at this point Cirelli can't sign until some cap is traded, or someone is put on LTIR, right? I know there is a rule about only going 10% over the cap in the offseason, so I would assume Cirelli's deal would take them over that threshold.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So Tampa is about 6 million over with Cirelli left to sign. How much do you think he'll get? 4 million per? This would mean that they'd be 10 million over the cap and 2 million over the 10% offseason limit. I'm assuming they'll announce Kucherov's LTIR soon.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad