Waived: [TBL] D Zach Bogosian, F Gabriel Fortier waived by the Lightning (cleared)

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Bogosian seems like an interesting waive.
On the one hand I get why he would be waived: he’s simply too old and slow. He was a valuable part of the Lightning’s blueline but he’s fallen off a cliff and it’s time for him to be replaced by somebody younger and faster.

On the other hand the Lightning have a serious problem at RD. Cernak is constantly injured and while Perbix and Raddysh both showed a lot of potential last season there’s no guarantee their rookie success is maintained this year. I guess they either think Fleury is the answer or plan to grab some other team’s junk off the waiver wire, because the other options don’t look any better than Bogo (Myers and a bunch of prospects with zero NHL experience.)

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
If Fleury was the orgs answer he wouldn't have sat a large chunk of last years games. Bogo will stay with the big club, doubt hes going to Siberacuse.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
If Fleury was the orgs answer he wouldn't have sat a large chunk of last years games. Bogo will stay with the big club, doubt hes going to Siberacuse.
I don’t think Fleury’s the answer. Just don’t know why they’d risk losing Bogo just to maximize cap savings (if that is indeed why they waived him.) He’s not the player he once was and I’d be happy if they could replace him with somebody better, but I don’t want to see the Bolts in a position where they have to depend on Fleury (or even worse, Myers) for an extended period.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I don’t think Fleury’s the answer. Just don’t know why they’d risk losing Bogo just to maximize cap savings (if that is indeed why they waived him.) He’s not the player he once was and I’d be happy if they could replace him with somebody better, but I don’t want to see the Bolts in a position where they have to depend on Fleury (or even worse, Myers) for an extended period.
They did this last year too? Pretty sure. I think its just a paper transaction.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
They did this last year too? Pretty sure. I think its just a paper transaction.
It’s a paper transaction in that they likely plan to keep him at the NHL level assuming he isn’t claimed. But that’s still a risk the team is taking in order to maximize their LTIR cap savings. Not an enormous risk as there’s a good chance they could pick up an equivalent player from the waiver wire if Bogo is claimed, but still a risk.

Reactions: uncleben

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If he clears, the only active player to play for the Thrashers is E. Kane I believe.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'm a bit surprised no one took chance on Bogosian.

Isn't he signed to league min or close to it?

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I honestly thought Bogosian retired a couple years ago. He was regularly a healthy scratch his last couple years in Buffalo. Always wanted to root for the guy, glad he's kept it going so far.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20231010_110947.jpg

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad