Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Corey Perry signs with the Lightning (2 years, $1M AAV)

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
Still-productive veterans making sure they run over to Tampa to make a 3-peat happen. Shocking. :sarcasm:

Is he really that productive still though? 21 points each of the last two years while someone people considered washed up by many in Parise got 18 last year (in 4 less games) and 46 the year before. Even if we ignore the 46 points for Parise two years ago, the production was very similar for each this past year and Parise is only a year older. In fact, even if you look at the lifetime stats of these two, they are eerily similar.

All that said, solid pickup for the Bolts.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Predicted this for the Bolts. We learned that we need a certain style from our Bottom 6. We lost Goody, Pickles, Gourde, and Tj. I don't expect Perry to replace them but he will do what is needed come playoff time. Perfect for our back line.

To be honest, as a TBL fan he was the biggest pain in the butt in both 2020 and 2021 Finals.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Is he really that productive still though? 21 points each of the last two years while someone people considered washed up by many in Parise got 18 last year (in 4 less games) and 46 the year before. Even if we ignore the 46 points for Parise two years ago, the production was very similar for each this past year and Parise is only a year older. In fact, even if you look at the lifetime stats of these two, they are eerily similar.
Regardless, he is still very effective in playoff style hockey.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Great soldier for the Canadiens but really can't stomach him going on the cheaters team...

Sounds like a bitter Habs fan. The Lightening didn';t cheat, they played within the rules. The rules are dumb, but it is what it is.

The Habs made a miraculous run and beat 3 teams they had no real business beating. Just enjoy the run instead of being salty.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020

If you watched him in the playoffs (particularly in the SCF) you'd see he was still productive and a giant pain int he butt. Plus he'd play on the 4th line and basically make minimum.

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
Regardless, he is still very effective in playoff style hockey.

Yes, I just edited and added to my post right before I saw this. I do think it is a good pickup but I also think Parise will be for the Islanders. I think that people often are swayed in the perception by who is picking up the player.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
If the diff between him staying or going was the extra year, I'm glad it wasn't granted. He was great in a 4th line/pp role, but the extra year and +35 contract is not something I'd be interested in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad