TBL Coach - Jon Cooper comments on EK and Ottawa

crazyserb

Sep 15, 2013
[NHL]640553[/NHL]

http://video.lightning.nhl.com/videocenter/console

Bolts Today > Jon Cooper Press Conference: Pregame TBL vs OTT 10/11/14

Really interesting to hear this guy comment on our Sens as he coached against the AHL squad many times, he has this awesome fondness for EK65 and the rest of our younger team.

It's great to hear that other coaches DO recognize that we are not just a b-squad, there's more characters to the Sens then some 'analysts' believe.

2 points ! :yo:

Last edited by a moderator:

RedSeven*

Lightning coach Jon Cooper has nothing but respect for D Erik Karlsson. "The one thing you really have to watch is Karlsson. He's the straw that stirs the drink," said Cooper. "Karlsson is so fast he can beat out his own his icing. There is truth to that. He gets the puck, he controls everything that goes on the ice, he plays the game skating forwards, he knows how to gap, he knows how to put you in positions to make you get rid of the puck -- especially for a guy that's not very big -- and he really can use his feet. When you try to get him down low, he can still beat you back up ice. You've got to continually make him work, but the problem is it seems like he never gets tired. For me, this league has so many talented players, but I put him on the top echelon because he's really dynamic. You have to watch him because he gets that puck and he's magical to watch. I like watching him play." ... Karlsson made himself noticed physically by laying a big open-ice hit on Ryan Callahan in the first."

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Lightning coach Jon Cooper has nothing but respect for D Erik Karlsson. "The one thing you really have to watch is Karlsson. He's the straw that stirs the drink," said Cooper. "Karlsson is so fast he can beat out his own his icing. There is truth to that. He gets the puck, he controls everything that goes on the ice, he plays the game skating forwards, he knows how to gap, he knows how to put you in positions to make you get rid of the puck -- especially for a guy that's not very big -- and he really can use his feet. When you try to get him down low, he can still beat you back up ice. You've got to continually make him work, but the problem is it seems like he never gets tired. For me, this league has so many talented players, but I put him on the top echelon because he's really dynamic. You have to watch him because he gets that puck and he's magical to watch. I like watching him play." ... Karlsson made himself noticed physically by laying a big open-ice hit on Ryan Callahan in the first."

I see Cooper has been hanging out with Dennis Potvin...

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Erik karlsson makes coaches forget they aren't fans.

Watching cooper during that quote it almost seemed like cooper would call in sick to work, Call up his buddies and watch the ottawa game on a Tuesday night.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Very nice comments coming from a great coach. He gives a great interview.

Kind of cool I didn't realize our farm teams saw so much of each other. As much as I respect the lightning, I can see them eventually becoming another good rival in this division.

We both have young talented teams, and should be seeing a lot of each other in these next coming years.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Lightning coach Jon Cooper has nothing but respect for D Erik Karlsson. For me, this league has so many talented players, but I put him on the top echelon because he's really dynamic. You have to watch him because he gets that puck and he's magical to watch.
Sounds like a reference to Bobby Orr is his heyday! :yo:

And we (The SENS) own EK's rights!!!!! :nod:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Jon Cooper before he was hired to be a professional coach "I was barely making ends meet as a lawyer."

Sorry you had to settle for the Mercedes C class there Jon.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Jon Cooper before he was hired to be a professional coach "I was barely making ends meet as a lawyer."

Sorry you had to settle for the Mercedes C class there Jon.

He did law school in the States (probably $100k + in debt) and was a public defender...

crazyserb

Sep 15, 2013
Thanks for embedding the video :handclap:

I always like to check out the competition 'locker room pre game' chatter to see what they think, or 'prepare' for against our Team. Sometimes we only get a biased view on the Senators from fans and journalists, it's always good to hear what the other 29 teams think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad