GDT: TBL @ BUF 7:30PM TV:ESPN/ESPN+ Radio:WGR - His name is Jonas

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Yeah, that line has been the best. But I think Greenway's physicality is giving the other two energy and confidence, which is why I have him a notch ahead. He's shooting a lot more, as well.
I have Mitts slightly ahead. I think he’s been Buffalo’s best overall forward. He’s been a factor at both ends of the ice. But Greenway is definitely in the conversation for best Buffalo forward thru 3 games. He’s been a welcome surprise.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
It was decent performance defensively and we let Levi see pretty much every shot with little traffic so that's something wish we could of scored more on Johansson considering they've given up a lot.
Levi had to make a few Grade A saves because with this team that's always going to happen. But the defense in front of Levi really did help tremendously. I don't think Levi had to make a back door stop at all tonight, which plagued this team to no end last season.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Levi had to make a few Grade A saves because with this team that's always going to happen. But the defense in front of Levi really did help tremendously. I don't think Levi had to make a back door stop at all tonight, which plagued this team to no end last season.
I think TB had like 9 total shots heading into the 3rd period. Team defense really stepped it up tonight.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I think we're splitting hairs b/w Mitts and Greenway

I was actually hoping Donny would've calld a t.o to get them back out there before the tieing goal, Mitts was great

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Bit of nail biter but lots of Sabres played a very strong game.

Notables:

Actually liked Jost's play tonight.

JJ didn't appear as strong as in the last 2 games

Greenway looked to lose a half step as the game wound down but that clear at the Sabres blue line in congestion was pretty darn positive.

Mitts is on fire.

Loved Girgensen tonight.

Tuch is slowly coming around.

Tage at least had some moments but still appears gangly and awkward. I understand him leaving Hagel after knocking him down but that proved to be harmful.

Good game from the D overall. Clifton was way more effective tonight. Joker didn't ef up and Sammy was a force.

Levi was great

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
It was decent performance defensively and we let Levi see pretty much every shot with little traffic so that's something wish we could of scored more on Johansson considering they've given up a lot.
Levi was reading the play and his dmen much better tonight, that should stick going forward one would think.

Are we thinking Comrie next game for a break ?

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Ill say it here listening to Donny w the Calgary loss. He is the right coach for this group.

Think of skinner

You all on the boards are a group of little Ralphs.

You all have no patience and Donny clearly see a positive progression where the skill and timing ( That he rightly refuses to stifle but encourage probably saying even after too many Tic Tac NO and pressing going on .

Ralph would bench and take a negative like all us hot take fans. Donny is like okay tomorrow you'll destroy them w talent dump a few f***in pucks in . The whole group is too hard on themselves.

It will come i see no panic in Donny and the first ten games well be 4 and 6 or 6 and 4. . Donny knows them and is waiting for it all the click

KA and Donny add are great and after 82 even if they lose 3 more , i see 6 plus extra point's at years end.

Erik johson is great. . Clifton fits as he can skate w the puck Levi benson and the best add of all mr greenway. And again Erik the calm johnson that can hit. We'll be fine

Ten games and every body pissedafter this Calgary bs will see it just part of the tuning process of a really good team. We'll see how in the next ten. We may lose one or two more too pretty too many posts before the damn breaks and we have sustained Fun w even upl and comrie stepping up and any doubting eats crow. I'm pissed but i trust donny and weve had some rough luck and we must endure the TUNing

Go sabres. You owe me droogs though if the tuning last more than a few more games send anything good directly to me

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad