Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Alexander Volkov signs extension (1 year, $700K)

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
why not? It gets them cap compliant and when he's back for the playoffs they will get a huge boost
Because there is never a time when you are in your cup prime as a team where you want to LTIR your best forward and one of the best players in the world.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Because there is never a time when you are in your cup prime as a team where you want to LTIR your best forward and one of the best players in the world.
They didnt have Stamkos last year and they were fine. Assuming Kucherov plays this year its better than the situation they were put in last year. This team is stacked and losing Kuch for the regular season is not the end of the world. It might even allow for guys to step up.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
They didnt have Stamkos last year and they were fine. Assuming Kucherov plays this year its better than the situation they were put in last year. This team is stacked and losing Kuch for the regular season is not the end of the world. It might even allow for guys to step up.
The fact you are comparing Stamkos importance to Kucherov's tells me enough. The short explanation, all our offense runs through Kucherov. ALL OF IT. If he isn't there, the whole team dynamic changes. The way we play offense changes. Our PP changes. Losing Kucherov turns us from winning the division, possibly, to maybe finishing 4th or 5th.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
The fact you are comparing Stamkos importance to Kucherov's tells me enough. The short explanation, all our offense runs through Kucherov. ALL OF IT. If he isn't there, the whole team dynamic changes. The way we play offense changes. Our PP changes. Losing Kucherov turns us from winning the division, possibly, to maybe finishing 4th or 5th.
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration finishing 4th or 5th. We still run away with our division without kuch.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration finishing 4th or 5th. We still run away with our division without kuch.
We were 8-3-5 against this division last year. We were .500, how is this the clear runaway? The only team that looks like they didn't improve is Dallas because they are going to be missing Seguin and Bishop.

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018

If the divisons don't change, You are vastly under rating Toronto and Boston. Tampa bay with no kutch for a season isn't running away with anything. Especially if stamkos get injured. Top 3 yes, but guaranteed #1, no. Hedman is a beast, if he gets injured ouch. Don't count your eggs before you hatch them If there's a new alignment of divisions cause of covid, let's see the divisions first. Point being; running away in the division is not true.

As for salary cap. I want to look into the cba reading with kuch ltir. The team has 24-48 I believe to become cap compliant once the season begins (talking about 10%+ allowable). Ltir is retroactive. So if kutch is out a year, the team isn't cap compliant at the begging of the year. Or if a doctor signs off on ltor, is the time frame immediately written off the books. Like They need to accrue the time/$$. Never looked it up but I'd love to see the wording. If anyone has info on please let a bruv know

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
If the divisons don't change, You are vastly under rating Toronto and Boston. Tampa bay with no kutch for a season isn't running away with anything. Especially if stamkos get injured. Top 3 yes, but guaranteed #1, no. Hedman is a beast, if he gets injured ouch. Don't count your eggs before you hatch them If there's a new alignment of divisions cause of covid, let's see the divisions first. Point being; running away in the division is not true.

As for salary cap. I want to look into the cba reading with kuch ltir. The team has 24-48 I believe to become cap compliant once the season begins (talking about 10%+ allowable). Ltir is retroactive. So if kutch is out a year, the team isn't cap compliant at the begging of the year. Or if a doctor signs off on ltor, is the time frame immediately written off the books. Like They need to accrue the time/$$. Never looked it up but I'd love to see the wording. If anyone has info on please let a bruv know
Divisions did change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad