Proposal: TB - NYR - OTT

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
TB: Erik Karlsson

NYR: Bobby Ryan + TB's 1st/2nd (whatever they don't get in the McDonagh trade) + Anthony Cirelli

OTT: Cal Foote + Ryan Callahan

TB Reasoning: Give up a good center prospect who won't crack the top 6, and your blue chip D prospect thats not NHL ready for the best defensemen in the league and dumping Callahan's contract without disrespecting him by trading him + pick for nothing.

NYR Reasoning: Bobby Ryan isn't what he used to be, but he is a serviceable top 6 forward on a rebuilding team. Maybe he can be flipped at the deadline if NYR retains 50% and he plays well. NYR probably won't be worried about the cap over the net 4 years so this shouldn't be to hard of a pill to swallow, when they get an NHL ready center prospect and a high pick as compensation.

OTT Reasoning: A blue chip D prospect to "replace" your star and Callahan is $20.6 million dollars cheaper than Ryan and will be a good dressing room guy.

Issue: Would Callahan block a trade to Ottawa and be okay being a 4th line player on a cup contender? Would Yzerman buy him out otherwise to force his hand?

I am a Leafs fan, so this trade is not meant to be biased for anyone. In fact, I pray Karlsson doesn't end up in TB.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
to OTT: Sergachev, ADA and Foote
To NYR Ryan, Tkachuk, Callahan, Whichever pick NYR doesn't get from McD trade
To Tampa: EK

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think any team that gets involved does a stand a lone trade with TB. Unless they want to take Ryan too. This could get crazy lol.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Terrible for the Rangers. I like Cirelli but why do we need a LHS C who projects as middle 6? We have Zib/Hayes/Chytil/Andersson/Howden..not taking on Ryan for just that return

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
to OTT: Sergachev, ADA and Foote
To NYR Ryan, Tkachuk, Callahan, Whichever pick NYR doesn't get from McD trade
To Tampa: EK
Easy yes from the Rangers although I really don’t want Cally back here and i doubt he wants to be back here, doesn’t he have a NMC?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Holy f*** this so so so sooooo bad. Lock this thread.

You should be ashamed.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Maybe my leafs bias against OTT plus all the media saying OTT will get peanuts for Karlsson + Ryan has skewed my perception of the situation. It sounds like this is what it takes to make OTT and NYR happy and I don't see it as something TB touches.

NYR: Bobby Ryan + Cal Foote

OTT: Mikhail Sergachev + Anthony Cirelli or 2nd Round pick + Ryan Callahan

OR

OTT: Mikhail Sergachev + Cal Foote + Anthony Cirelli or 2nd Round pick + Ryan Callahan

But I doubt Ottawa pays for Callahan and keeps Ryan.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

NYR: Bobby Ryan + TB's 1st/2nd (whatever they don't get in the McDonagh trade) + Anthony Cirelli

OTT: Cal Foote + Ryan Callahan

TB Reasoning: Give up a good center prospect who won't crack the top 6, and your blue chip D prospect thats not NHL ready for the best defensemen in the league and dumping Callahan's contract without disrespecting him by trading him + pick for nothing.

NYR Reasoning: Bobby Ryan isn't what he used to be, but he is a serviceable top 6 forward on a rebuilding team. Maybe he can be flipped at the deadline if NYR retains 50% and he plays well. NYR probably won't be worried about the cap over the net 4 years so this shouldn't be to hard of a pill to swallow, when they get an NHL ready center prospect and a high pick as compensation.

OTT Reasoning: A blue chip D prospect to "replace" your star and Callahan is $20.6 million dollars cheaper than Ryan and will be a good dressing room guy.

Issue: Would Callahan block a trade to Ottawa and be okay being a 4th line player on a cup contender? Would Yzerman buy him out otherwise to force his hand?

I am a Leafs fan, so this trade is not meant to be biased for anyone. In fact, I pray Karlsson doesn't end up in TB.

waittt so cal foot and your 1rst gets you erik effening karlsson and you move 2 huge cap dumps???

is this reality here?

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
waittt so cal foot and your 1rst gets you erik effening karlsson and you move 2 huge cap dumps???

is this reality here?

Well OTT gets one of those cap dumps so thats a positive to them and Cirelli is probably worth a late 1st/early 2nd. But yeah I guess I was way way off.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
:sens Alex Killorn, 2020 1st (Tampa), 2019 7th (NYR), Boris Katchouk and Alexander Volkov

:rangers Bobby Ryan (30% retain), Ryan Callahan, 2019 4th (Tampa), 2019 4th (Ottawa)

:bolts Erik Karlsson, 2019 6th (Ottawa) and Ryan Gropp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad