Trade: [TB/MIN] Nelson Cruz and Calvin Faucher for Joe Ryan and Drew Strotman

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Depends what they gave up but that's a fantastic addition to a line up that needed some pick me up.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Cruz goes from one of my teams to the other, so I don't lose out watching him play....except NOW, he's got a shot to win, and the Rays could certainly use a heavy bat like his.

Tampa Bay deals from a position of strength, pitching, and hopefully for the Twins, the two AAA guys that were dealt, Strotman and Ryan, will pan out for Minnesota who are in desperate need of hurlers.

Very excited to see what "Nelly" can add to the defending American League champions!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
While you were reading this the Rays pulled two more pitching prospects out of their ass to replace the ones just traded.

Seems like a pretty solid trade. Tampa could trade their whole farm overnight and get it rebuilt within a week while the Twins actually get pretty legit value for an expiring contract.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
While you were reading this the Rays pulled two more pitching prospects out of their ass to replace the ones just traded.

Seems like a pretty solid trade. Tampa could trade their whole farm overnight and get it rebuilt within a week while the Twins actually get pretty legit value for an expiring contract.

Funny you should say that because I was JUST talking with my husband about this trade (he is the native from St. Paul), and I was telling him how the Rays just seem to manufacture pitching and that while it is a bit of a loss for them they will just continue on doing what they do and "make some more".

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Oh look, a bat that would have been invaluable in Oakland.

Too bad our management staff is too worried about 2027 and beyond and would rather waste another playoff team.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Love the trade, especially as someone who takes every opportunity to criticize some of the ways this team does business. Finally a marquee name whose bat is a serious threat RIGHT NOW, not some underlying numbers, buy low and take a shot type of player. Adding a RH threat is huge, starting pitching is my only question mark at this point.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Love the trade, especially as someone who takes every opportunity to criticize some of the ways this team does business. Finally a marquee name whose bat is a serious threat RIGHT NOW, not some underlying numbers, buy low and take a shot type of player. Adding a RH threat is huge, starting pitching is my only question mark at this point.
That team did trade a pitcher with value immediately after to shed salary lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad