Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Cory Conacher extends with the Lightning (1 year, $700k)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Also put on waivers today. My guess is the 1 year extension was done with the intention of discouraging other teams from picking him up.

Yeah, he has a strange sort of value to the organization. Good enough to play in the NHL when needed, not so important to the org that we can't sit him down for long stretches, and a guy who can tear the AHL apart. And we're big on "winning traditions" at all levels. Conacher is the kind of good trooper we need to help with that. He serves his role, minor as it is, very well.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
that is BULL**** and you know it

Most of us said lets see how he plays away from the stacked line he was on

Nah, the reaction to that trade was very, very negative, overall. The thread still exists.

My first reaction was "WTF!?!?!" Never thought we'd give up Conacher WITH a 4th, but then a deeper look revealed Conacher had only put up like 5 or 7 points in his last 25ish games. A lot of people calmed down then. I don't think I was on the forum at the time, but I think most TB fans had a similar reaction, with outliers on both sides.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Not entirely true, there was a lot of people who were outraged. I was one of them. Not here officially, but personally I was pissed at the time.
yep I was not that happy at the time I wanted Miller from buffalo but we needed a goalie badly we only had Lindback but I thought giving up conacher was a big risk at that time

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Hey, remember the time this guy got traded for Ben Bishop?

Ugh. Yes...Bitter Sens fan here.

I do remember most hockey fans I know (including myself) thought it was a great trade for the Sens at the time. In retrospect it was a catastrophe.

Conacher had boss like stats and an endless motor. Seemed destined to be the next MSL. Im still really surprised he never made it tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad