Claimed off Waivers: TB claims Dumont

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Just a little cash payment to further....certain discussions between the two teams.
Mmm. Still maintain that I'm more than okay giving up Sergachev++ for Karlsson.

He's the only (possibly) available D that I would give up Sergachev though.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Dumont is great for the Syracuse team. Veteran Center would be a boon to the Crunch. He'll be assigned to the Crunch immediately ... don't think he plays for the Lightning again this season. The Lightning have three players already that started the year in Syracuse ... Conacher, Peca, and Erne. When Palat comes back one of Peca or Erne goes back to Syracuse.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
For those interested, this cost Tampa Bay $13,125, paid to Ottawa and not counted against the cap.

Are you the poster that suggested Dido and Dumont were traded for each other but they did it through waivers so Ottawa could recieve 27k?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Dumont is great for the Syracuse team. Veteran Center would be a boon to the Crunch. He'll be assigned to the Crunch immediately ... don't think he plays for the Lightning again this season. The Lightning have three players already that started the year in Syracuse ... Conacher, Peca, and Erne. When Palat comes back one of Peca or Erne goes back to Syracuse.

It also helps them not miss to much at Syracuse if they decide to move a younger C from the team in a trade.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I just have learned to never question the decisions TBay makes haha... always turn out to be great decisions

so having said that, great pickup

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
This is great news for Ottawa, not sure why they ever picked hm up to begin with. Funny that both him and Didomenico went back to their same teams after being waived/picked up and waived again.

Reactions: Morrison

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Dumont can't immediately get sent to Syracuse. He's been with Ottawa for too long that Tampa doesn't have the option to immediately send him to the minors, he has to be on the main roster. He will be on the main roster as they sent down Peca and Erne will go down once Palat comes back. Dumont will be sent down later in the season when you have to submit your AHL playoff lineup.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Dumont can't immediately get sent to Syracuse. He's been with Ottawa for too long that Tampa doesn't have the option to immediately send him to the minors, he has to be on the main roster. He will be on the main roster as they sent down Peca and Erne will go down once Palat comes back. Dumont will be sent down later in the season when you have to submit your AHL playoff lineup.

Most likely a conditioning stint, given he has recently come off an injury. They did the same thing with Dido when they claimed him. If they want him to remain down there long term he will eventually have to clear waivers.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Most likely a conditioning stint, given he has recently come off an injury. They did the same thing with Dido when they claimed him. If they want him to remain down there long term he will eventually have to clear waivers.

Would Ottawa want to reclaim him if we sent him down next week? I don't know the exact day you need to have your AHL roster set but I can see him doing a conditioning stint then be send down in a week or two. No one else put a claim in so he's not too desired. If we wanted to make sure he goes right to Syracuse we could've not put a claim in and just traded for him once he cleared today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad