Confirmed with Link: Taylor Pyatt signs in Switzerland

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
To nobody's surprise Taylor Pyatt's NHL days are over. He signed a 1-year contract with Geneva-Servette in the Swiss elite league NLA today. In Geneva he'll join former Pen Matt D'Agostini and ex-NHL defenseman Paul Ranger.

Link (in French)

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
He had the body, but that's about it. Couldn't use it properly to his advantage. Best of luck to him, been a rough couple of years for him!

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Neither D'Agostini or Pyatt can find NHL jobs this season? What a surprise. Great work Shero.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
When I start reading "Confirmed with Link: Taylor Pyatt signs ..." my heart skip a beat :eek:

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
It must be nice to have Switzerland as a backup place to work and live.

"Oh man. I guess I'm not good enough for the NHL anymore. Now I have to play a game for money here..."
geneva4.jpg

lucky sob.

terex

Jan 2, 2010
I could have sworn I had seen Toronto fans penciling Paul Ranger into the line up as recently as the last couple days. I had no idea he went to Europe.

Not surprised that Dags, Kobasew, and Pyatt are out of the league.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Obviously nobody will miss Pyatt the Pen, but I really do wish the guy the best. After reading the story about him and his late-girlfriend I wish the guy nothing but the best. Even if he was basically useless for us.

It must be nice to have Switzerland as a backup place to work and live.

"Oh man. I guess I'm not good enough for the NHL anymore. Now I have to play a game for money here..."
geneva4.jpg

lucky sob.

Too true. :laugh: What a life.

MurphyDump

Dec 22, 2010
Enough of the hyperbole. He sucked for the most part, but he's still a pro hockey player.

Exactly, the hate people have towards some guys is ridiculous. Do you think that Pyatt went out there and intended to be a poor hockey player? Is it his fault that Shero brought him in?

The guy's best days are clearly behind him, but he's still a human being and gave what he had here, even if it wasn't much. It doesn't make him a bad person!

I'd venture a guess that he has more money (due to hockey) than anyone that posts on here and has played more games in the best league in the world than anyone else on here has.

I wouldn't wish what happened to Pyatt on my worst enemy. I'm glad to see he's regrouped, moved on, continued his career, and met a new girl. (who is a model from Chicago!) Being set for life, moving to Switzerland with a model.....ouch the hatred must really hurt him. lol

...while we all work our day jobs for a fraction of what he's made, until we're 60-65 years old.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Exactly, the hate people have towards some guys is ridiculous. Do you think that Pyatt went out there and intended to be a poor hockey player? Is it his fault that Shero brought him in?

The guy's best days are clearly behind him, but he's still a human being and gave what he had here, even if it wasn't much. It doesn't make him a bad person!

I'd venture a guess that he has more money (due to hockey) than anyone that posts on here and has played more games in the best league in the world than anyone else on here has.

I wouldn't wish what happened to Pyatt on my worst enemy. I'm glad to see he's regrouped, moved on, continued his career, and met a new girl. (who is a model from Chicago!) Being set for life, moving to Switzerland with a model.....ouch the hatred must really hurt him. lol

...while we all work our day jobs for a fraction of what he's made, until we're 60-65 years old.

Or, someone was trying to make a funny, and HFBoards exploded with self-righteousness.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Or, someone was trying to make a funny, and HFBoards exploded with self-righteousness.

The first part was funny. The second was incorrect. I didn't explode with self righteousness, just said I'm sick of people exaggerating the truth (and not sarcastically so).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad