Taylor Leier

JustJim

Feb 20, 2012
Paignton,UK
Is his name Leier?

Because it looks like the name on the back of his jersey was spelled Leer.
He looks like a decent player, and a good play maker.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Because clearly that's what I meant by my post. I was simply pointing out that fact. I wasn't complaining about leier or where we picked him. at best, leier is another Matt read. I was just suggesting that we already have a substantial amount if comparable players, and that this organization is sorely lacking a top line wing prospect.

I'd be overjoyed with another Matt Read, guy who can skate, put up 20 goals, is responsible defensively, can PK. Especially if they're under 30 and not making $5M a year until they're 35 years old.

I've seen too many overpaid "finishers" who could score 30 goals with the right center but contributed little else.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Leier said his skating has improved since being drafted. He did some power skating back in Canada in May, then spent the rest of the summer rooming with Laughton in Voorhees, skating and working out daily.

The two originally became friends at the World Juniors as Team Canada teammates. Pryor said things really took off for Leier at that tournament in terms of confidence.

“He went to world junior and came in late and by the end of the tournament, he was a good player for them,” Pryor said.

“He’s versatile, you can bump him up in the lineup. He can check and score. He is smart and competitive. He works hard. He’s done well for himself last couple of years.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-see-sleeper-prospect-taylor-leier

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Not too shabby, more noticeable than what I expected. Too bad he was already sent to the Phantoms, I would've liked to see him play another game. I might change my opinion of him after all.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
He seems to factor into the long term plan. I'm quite surprised at how many preseason games they are giving him. A cup of coffee later in the year wouldn't surprise me after seeing how much Berube likes him. Mayhaps challenge for a full time roster spot 2 years from now? We aren't overly deep at the wing position for the prospects.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Portland already misses his poise and creativity this year, that's for sure. At least I get to look forward to him joining my favorite NHL club long-term, he's going to be one of those terrific complimentary pieces that we'll all appreciate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad