News Article: Taylor Hart: Hall Top 3 in Hart Vote

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Too bad in the NHL's infinite wisdom they announce the finalists like two months before the actual awards show. Between Hall and Boyle this is the first time I have an actual interest in the awards show at least since Marty was up for the Hart and won some of his Vezinas.

Reactions: SYWTom

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Have to assume it's coming down to Hall and MacKinnon. So I think he'll finish second at worst. A lot of analysts keep saying how he's ''The favorite'' and some have come outright and they've voted for him, so I like his chances.

A lot of people love the Kings, so maybe Kopitar gets more votes than I think, but it would seem like in a process of elimination that he's out and it's between Hall and MacKinnon.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Too bad in the NHL's infinite wisdom they announce the finalists like two months before the actual awards show. Between Hall and Boyle this is the first time I have an actual interest in the awards show at least since Marty was up for the Hart and won some of his Vezinas.
Even with Hall in the running, I'm not sure I can bear to watch the show. I've caught parts of it several times and severely regretted it. The cheese has fangs.

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Have to assume it's coming down to Hall and MacKinnon. So I think he'll finish second at worst. A lot of analysts keep saying how he's ''The favorite'' and some have come outright and they've voted for him, so I like his chances.

A lot of people love the Kings, so maybe Kopitar gets more votes than I think, but it would seem like in a process of elimination that he's out and it's between Hall and MacKinnon.

I know Pierre and a few TSN guys said the team voted Hall in their 1st place spot. Think it was Button.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Crazy to think Hall had more assists than any other Devil had points...and then Hall added 39 goals on top of that.

Reactions: GameSeven

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I still have many fond memories of Patty’s 00-01 season, but this is the best ever season from a Devils forward. Marty’s 06-07 and 07-08 seasons may rival it, Marty was robbed of the Hart, should have gotten it one of those two years. Outside of Marty putting those teams on his back this is the most an NJD player has put a team on his back and dragged them to the finish line. Credit to Nico, too. I’m going blind from reading how he was a product of Hall. Hall’s arguably never played with a better center than him and in 2-3 years max it won’t even be an argument.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My guess is Hall banked all his votes with his torrid pace in those last two weeks, and both Mackinnon and Giroux turning it on that last weekend ended up not mattering as too many votes were already in.

Hall’s Hart case gained a ton of momentum in the media on our west coast trip and the following home stand. Nate was slumping a bit during that stretch.

Born and Raised

Apr 22, 2018
People are undervaluing what Kopitar did. Scored almost as much, almost as big of a gap between him and the next scorer, and hes a defensive stud.

In all honesty its between him and Hall - MacKinnon had six other players above 50 points thats shenanigans that hes even considered over Giroux.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People are undervaluing what Kopitar did. Scored almost as much, almost as big of a gap between him and the next scorer, and hes a defensive stud.

In all honesty its between him and Hall - MacKinnon had six other players above 50 points thats shenanigans that hes even considered over Giroux.

The problem with Kopitar is he got zero buzz for the award, I can't see him winning it. Especially since his PPG was worse than MacKinnon and Hall. MacKinnon had five more points in eight fewer games, Hall had one more point in six fewer games. Kopitar does do other things that should get him in consideration and the secondary scoring issue was almost as pronounced on LA as it was here, but like I said I can't see him winning cause all the hype was about the other two.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Can’t underplay he is also top 3 in the Lindsay. Yeah they usually are the same, but it still speaks volumes both the media and the players voted for Hall

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Marty should've won in 2007. He stood on his head every night.

If Hall doesn't win I have no problem with MacKinnon taking it.
Marty's 2007-2008 season was better for me than his 2006-2007 season. He collected a lot of shutouts in 06-07, but only had 4 in 07-08 and his save percentage and GAA were just about identical from the year before where he got 12 shutouts in one more game played. I counted how many games he allowed 1 or fewer goals that season and 2 or fewer goals a while back. It was ridiculous. And we clearly were not as of a team in 07-08 as we were in 06-07.

The Sharks are my second favorite team and I still think Nabokov even being a threat to win the Vezina that year because he had 2 more wins in one fewer start that season was a complete and utter joke. Nabokov was a mediocre goalie that year, playing on a considerably better team. They had a 27 year old Marleau and Thornton on that team. That's exhibit A of why the wins argument sometimes gets asinine.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

man the Edmonton media is insufferable

take your L and move on

Of course ignoring it would have taken Edmonton EIGHTEEN more points just to make the playoffs.

Obviously you're not going to get Hart consideration from a non-playoff team if you're not completely head and shoulders above other guys statistically. That's why it's called 'most valuable'...I have no idea who the last Hart winner from a non-playoff team was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad