Taylor Hall

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
So there is speculation (not entirely baseless based on Ference's comments) that Hall is one of the players ference referred to as 'a joke'. What do we make of this? Is it time for this franchise to move on with Hall? In Boston- Seguin was a talented, hotshot youngster who didn't put in an honest professional effort every night. Guys like Chara and Bergeron talked to him, tried getting him on track. but finally they ended up trading him and that set him straight.

Is Hall in the same boat? Talented young player- but comes into a losing franchise with a losing culture for the last decade, and is basically handed the keys to the franchise. He is talented, no doubt. But at this point, I have no qualms about trading him for fair value. Obviously management vastly screwed up this rebuild. And it seems that their entitlement has trickled down to a player like Hall. What do we make of this? Is it time to say 'screw it' and move on with him, Eberle, Schultz, and other seemingly entitled players?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So there is speculation (not entirely baseless based on Ference's comments) that Hall is one of the players ference referred to as 'a joke'. What do we make of this? Is it time for this franchise to move on with Hall? In Boston- Seguin was a talented, hotshot youngster who didn't put in an honest professional effort every night. Guys like Chara and Bergeron talked to him, tried getting him on track. but finally they ended up trading him and that set him straight.

Is Hall in the same boat? Talented young player- but comes into a losing franchise with a losing culture for the last decade, and is basically handed the keys to the franchise. He is talented, no doubt. But at this point, I have no qualms about trading him for fair value. Obviously management vastly screwed up this rebuild. And it seems that their entitlement has trickled down to a player like Hall. What do we make of this? Is it time to say 'screw it' and move on with him, Eberle, Schultz, and other seemingly entitled players?

How did trading Seguin work out for Boston again?

Ference can shut the **** up honestly. Hall was the best player on the ice for the 1st period. When has Ference been anything more than a pylon here for more than a period? We suck more due to our freaking veterans not being able to do their jobs.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
Are you suggesting we mirror a move that sent Seguin, Peverley, and Ryan Button to Dallas for Eriksson, Jo Morrow, Reilly Smith, and Matt Fraser?

No, stay as far away from this as possible, there is no good in trading Taylor Hall... He was a back-to-back Memorial Cup MVP - we haven't even seen him in the playoffs yet, unlike Seguin who received a full, deep look.

He may not be the alpha-leader we all want him to be (Hall did not have a C in Windsor), but he is a fantastic player and goal scorer.

This team needs balls. Sure, Hall is not our balls... but he is not our problem.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Anything is purely conjecture/assumptions at this point regarding Hall and Ference's comments. There's no way in hell that Hall gets traded by the management in my view.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Boston got a terrible return for Seguin but Hall is a much more valuable commodity now than Seguin was when Boston traded him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Anyone tired of losers like Ference, Perron (who's playing like crap this year), Scrivens blasting other people on the team when they aren't bringing it themselves?

Hall is classy and doesn't rag on other players to the media, always talks about the team as "we", even goes to bat for his head coach even though the coach is clearly clueless and in over his head, is always the first to say he needs to play better.

And yet Hall is the "immature" one?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Ludicrous the criticism aimed at hall right now. People are seriously trying to scapegoat the only player even remotely close to top end on this team. The oilers are the worst team in the league because they never have been able to bring in good veteran hockey players (something Andrew ference isn't even close to being) to fill important roles. This team missed the playoffs for 4 years before hall got here. To people not remember that this was a 30th placed team before we got him.

There is one single reason the oilers are where they are right now. It's because Kevin Lowe Craig mactavish and Scott howson, the three bozos that sank this franchise in the first place, are the same ones who are being permitted to try and fix it. People are going to be in for a rude awakening if they think moving Taylor hall out is going to be anything other than a complete and utter disaster. You think the bruins aren't regretting moving out seguin? And hell, they even had depth to replace him. The oilers have what? David Perron? A guy who has slept through the first 25 games of the season. Has been worse than hall in every single manner including compete level.

White Water Kayker

Nov 28, 2014
Ference can shut the **** up honestly. Hall was the best player on the ice for the 1st period. When has Ference been anything more than a pylon here for more than a period? We suck more due to our freaking veterans not being able to do their jobs.

Excuse me? What game were you watching?

Aside from one play resulting in a goal, Hall was a disaster all night, something that has been a trend. It's Ferrence's JOB as Capt to set the tone... Unfortunately the most talented players on a team are not always Captain material, but to go after Ferrence is missing the mark badly.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Whatever makes the team a winner idc what happens. Hall is probably the last guy you look at trading, but if he indeed has an attitude problem, then get a good coach who can fix that. If that doesn't work, then ship him out. The Oilers will most likely lose any trade involving him, but to establish and maintain a winning culture, you have to bite the bullet. This is a hypothetical situation based on speculation, though. We don't know what's going inside the locker room.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Excuse me? What game were you watching?

Aside from one play resulting in a goal, Hall was a disaster all night, something that has been a trend. It's Ferrence's JOB as Capt to set the tone... Unfortunately the most talented players on a team are not always Captain material, but to go after Ferrence is missing the mark badly.

Is Ference's job to be a decent hockey player too?

He is OVERPAID to be a pylon here for two years. Veteran leadership my ass, this guy is stealing $3.5 million a year and can't even manage to give us good minutes on a third pairing.

All talk, no action.

Hall turns the puck over once in a while, but he's also the best Oiler player on most nights.

A turd like Ference has no business pointing fingers when he is not bringing anything of value to the team, he is the epitome of this management's failure to surround their young kids with any type of useful veteran.

member 145483

I hate to say it...but, yes, if I was a new GM, in Edmonton, almost everybody would be getting moved.

The current environment is so toxic that you may be better off with the return, rather than rebuilding all of the relationships required to succeed.

It would be with a heavy heart though. Hall, RNH, Yak...yes, even Perron, Scrivens, and Ference haven't really let Edmonton down. If anything, the Oilers organization has let all of them (and us!) down.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

He is OVERPAID to be a pylon here for two years. Veteran leadership my ass, this guy is stealing $3.5 million a year and can't even manage to give us good minutes on a third pairing.

All talk, no action.

Hall turns the puck over once in a while, but he's also the best Oiler player on most nights.

A turd like Ference has no business pointing fingers when he is not bringing anything of value to the team.

I count no less than 4 goals against directly caused by his turnovers.... In the past 3 games. That's ****ing terrible.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I count no less than 4 goals against directly caused by his turnovers.... In the past 3 games. That's ****ing terrible.

Which isn't normal for him and he is playing hurt.

He also basically created 3 goals on his own in those games while the rest of the team played like they had a thumb up their rear end.

White Water Kayker

Nov 28, 2014

All talk, no action.

A turd like Ference has no business pointing fingers when he is not bringing anything of value to the team, he is the epitome of this management's failure to surround their young kids with any type of useful veteran.

You obviously have a beef with Ferrence... whatever. I'll leave you to it.

FYI - This ENTIRE team is "stealing" their wages atm, your boy Hall included, perhaps especially.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

FYI - This ENTIRE team is "stealing" their wages atm, your boy Hall included, perhaps especially.

I don't have a beef with Ference, but I have a beef with the double standard of a guy who's earning $3+ million and bringing *nothing* to this team turning around and pointing fingers elsewhere in post-game.

Does Hall do that? No, he even defends his head coach, I've never once heard Hall rip any other player on the team or try to blame others to the media.

Keep telling yourself any other other team wouldn't bend over backwards to have Hall at $6 million too.

If Ference wants to lead then go after the guy who hit Draisaitl. Go after the guy who hit Hall from behind yesterday. I know you're not Doughty, but why can't you then at least stand up for your teammates if you're not here for your skill?

A big part of the issue is our "non skilled" guys here don't ever do their job. What does Ference do for this team? Most people were happy here when he got suspended so we wouldn't have to play him. What does that tell you?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Which isn't normal for him and he is playing hurt.

He also basically created 3 goals on his own in those games while the rest of the team played like they had a thumb up their rear end.

Then he should take himself out of the game. He's been **** since he came back.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Then he should take himself out of the game. He's been **** since he came back.

Which Oiler was better than Hall yesterday who's probably playing at 70% right now?

What is the excuse for Nugent Hopkins (100% healthy)?

Yakupov (100% healthy)?

Perron (100% healthy)?

Also to Scrivens/Fasth ... make a ****ing save once in a while. I've watched even Flames games, like the one vs. Anaheim where Hiller basically had to make two breakaway saves on egregious turn overs. Turn overs happen especially with a young team.

Reider looked like he was going in slow motion on the first goal. The Toews goal vs. Chicago was also very stoppable.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton

PPG players make money, pylons don't...deal with it. Hall is a steal at what he is making and every team in the league would line up if he was available.

member 145483

Hall's rate of giveaways and games played, by year.

Year - GvA - GP - GvA/GP
10/11 - 45 - 65 - 0.69
11/12 - 62 - 61 - 1.02
12/13 - 29 - 45 - 0.64
13/14 - 100 - 75 - 1.33
14/15 - 20 - 19 -1.05

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad