Speculation: Taylor Hall trade/contract talk (part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Boston area prospects huh... :naughty:

I was gonna suggest Trocheck was in a package cause he's been disappointing this year. That "boston area prospects" thing is so ridiculous though it sounds like complete bs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I'm not sure why Florida would offer up Trocheck other than he clearly hasn't been the same since his gruesome injury.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Boston area prospects huh... :naughty:

I was gonna suggest Trocheck was in a package cause he's been disappointing this year. That "boston area prospects" thing is so ridiculous though it sounds like complete bs.

I thought the same thing, but I looked up their prospect rankings tree just the same.

I stopped after #5, as not one of them up to that point is from the Boston area, although Knight is a BC guy, so he could be one of them if true.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
His cap hit is 4.75 for 2 years and he is still a 50 point player it looks like. Not awful. But I want Florida’s first

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I thought the same thing, but I looked up their prospect rankings tree just the same.

I stopped after #5, as not one of them up to that point is from the Boston area, although Knight is a BC guy, so he could be one of them if true.

Whoever leaked it to that reporter presumably wanted everyone to think Knight was the other name for whatever reason.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Please no goalie prospect.
We have no prospects anymore. All of ours panned out to nothing

Senn? Meh. Cormier? Meh. I mean there is Schmid and brady but non are highly touted. The best we got is macblack and to be fair he might still turn into something, but I don't rate our goalies highly at all. I'd throw in one of our prospects in for a swap

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007

Senn? Meh. Cormier? Meh. I mean there is Schmid and brady but non are highly touted. The best we got is macblack and to be fair he might still turn into something, but I don't rate our goalies highly at all. I'd throw in one of our prospects in for a swap

At this point I don't see any current Devils goalie prospect reaching 50 NHL games played, even as a backup over multiple years. I'm also unconvinced Blackwood is NHL starter caliber. A top goalie prospect would be nice to have for sure, but I think Shero wants a package of prospects that can hopefully contribute on a much shorter timeline.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I don’t rate goalie prospects as worth much. I would prefer a skater, or a 1st being added since I worry about where Trocheck is at after his injury.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
At this point I don't see any current Devils goalie prospect reaching 50 NHL games played, even as a backup over multiple years. I'm also unconvinced Blackwood is NHL starter caliber. A top goalie prospect would be nice to have for sure, but I think Shero wants a package of prospects that can hopefully contribute on a much shorter timeline.

I don’t know why you are still unconvinced. He was very good last season. His numbers are down but he is playing pretty good in front of a bad team. ,905 save percentage.

Future hall of famer Carter Hart is rocking a .908

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I’ll lose my mind if the main prospect we trade for is a goalie who won’t be in the NHL for 2-3 years

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I don’t know why you are still unconvinced. He was very good last season. His numbers are down but he is playing pretty good in front of a bad team. ,905 save percentage.

Cause goalies are voodoo. Look at Matt Murray right now.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

Yeah I definitely see blackwood as an NHL caliber goalie.. at this point the only questions is, is he the man or is he a good backup? i can see him becoming a top goalie..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad