Speculation: Taylor Hall trade/contract talk (part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I've been a skeptic of the Byram or bust train but all waiting two months would get us imo is more angst over the injury risk. Assuming health you might get more teams involved later but they'd be getting Hall for less of the season than the ones Shero is playing off of each other now, and I seriously doubt Colorado's the only one he's talking to contrary to this board's post percentage.

Yeah, I'm fine with it. I'd be pretty surprised if it was anyone but Colorado , but I guess we'll see.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Shero may want to get this done but I think he'd walk away rather than taking a clearly inferior offer while he still has a theoretical window to play with. The closer this gets to the trade deadline the higher the risk and lesser his leverage is though.

Reactions: Darkauron

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Just as much as Sakic can use Shero wanting to get a deal done quickly to his advantage, Shero can use Sakic wanting to get a deal done quickly to his advantage. Frankly I think there is a better chance of getting Byram if the deal is done sooner rather than later. Shero isn't under any pressure to trade Hall now. He gets to chose where Hall goes to a large extent. Sakic has no control. He has more reason to give up more now to avoid the chance of losing Hall later.

Reactions: Darkauron

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Just as much as Sakic can use Shero wanting to get a deal done quickly to his advantage, Shero can use Sakic wanting to get a deal done quickly to his advantage. Frankly I think there is a better chance of getting Byram if the deal is done sooner rather than later. Shero isn't under any pressure to trade Hall now. He gets to chose where Hall goes to a large extent. Sakic has no control. He has more reason to give up more now to avoid the chance of losing Hall later.

Chris Johnston reported that Byram is just flat out off the table and not an option on this deal. Not that I would expect him to be.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Chris Johnston saying the Avs aren't moving Byram (8:00)
To me the best fit or the most natural fit is likely the Avalanche and ... they just drafted a defenseman by the name of Bo Byram right at the top of the draft last year and I mean that is not a player they would be moving as part of this package I think there's some haggling to be done about which prospects would fit and if the return is enough for the Devils but it does seem as though they're probably the favorite to land Hall.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That doesn’t sound like something he heard, just something he believes if we are being totally honest here.

If the rumored 4 asset return is true then of course Byram would not be apart of that, but I don’t think that quote is proof of anything.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
People need to stop getting this twisted. There is no pressure on Shero to do this deal right now.

If he doesn’t feel like he is getting the best possible deal, he will wait.
This, I don’t believe Shero would even deal to colorodo without one of Timmons,girard or byram. Shero knows we need defense I don’t think he settles for someone like Newhook or Jost

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This, I don’t believe Shero would even deal to colorodo without one of Timmons,girard or byram. Shero knows we need defense I don’t think he settles for someone like Newhook or Jost

I don’t think Newhook would be settling FWIW, but yeah the priority needs to be defense.

Though if he gets a 1st or two out of there I think the position of the prospect doesn’t matter as much. He can trade those 1sts later for D.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I don’t think Newhook would be settling FWIW, but yeah the priority needs to be defense.

Though if he gets a 1st or two out of there I think the position of the prospect doesn’t matter as much. He can trade those 1sts later for D.
It depends on if colorodo values their picks over their prospects, I don’t see them trading girad after they just signed him long term, which leaves Timmons or byram, or multiple first rounders

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

Oh sorry, didn't know Chris Johnston was an NHL GM. He doesn't make any decisions, just speculations. That's merely his opinion, not reality. Byram is for sure who Ray is targeting from the Avs. Doesn't mean he will be traded, but that is definitely the starting point of the negotiations for Ray.

Either way you guys have to part with something of value, whether it's Byram, Timmins (I hope not), Newhook, Zadorov, picks, etc. Hall, as a rental, retained, or extended isn't free.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We shall see. I don't know what Hall is going to return, but I don't see Shero feeling some pressure to trade him for B level prospects just to get the deal done quickly.

Reactions: Smitty426

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Oh sorry, didn't know Chris Johnston was an NHL GM. He doesn't make any decisions, just speculations. That's merely his opinion, not reality. Byram is for sure who Ray is targeting from the Avs. Doesn't mean he will be traded, but that is definitely the starting point of the negotiations for Ray.

Either way you guys have to part with something of value, whether it's Byram, Timmins (I hope not), Newhook, Zadorov, picks, etc. Hall, as a rental, retained, or extended isn't free.
Well put!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It depends on if colorodo values their picks over their prospects, I don’t see them trading girad after they just signed him long term, which leaves Timmons or byram, or multiple first rounders

Friedman or Lebrun said definitively that Girad is off the table.

Neither said that about Byram, though one didn’t think he would get traded in the end.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
...or another team....

I don't think that they would move him, but if we are going to go after BB, may as well give AZ a call and see if they will move Soderstrom. I'm definitely good with him, and AZ can probably use Hall more so than CO anyway. Not to mention they may benefit from getting him earlier.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Dallas, St. Louis, and Arizona are all sniffing around. Colorado makes the most sense because they can also sign him to maximize the deal, but if they are playing hardball Shero will look elsewhere.

Exactly. Besides, we can always offer to take a cap dump back as part of the deal. That's the best way to maximize our return. Give them Hall and the cap space to resign him. Toss in Greene to a contender as well, if they want a PK veteran.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
I don't think that they would move him, but if we are going to go after BB, may as well give AZ a call and see if they will move Soderstrom. I'm definitely good with him, and AZ can probably use Hall more so than CO anyway. Not to mention they may benefit from getting him earlier.

Chayka said his scouting staff thought Soderstrom was the third best player in the draft. No way they’re trading him.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
We need to hope for a bidding war and hope that someone blinks and gives up the goldmine deal.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Assuming each team is offering a depth roster player a B prospect and a first I might prefer Bahl Raanta and AZ first over Bowers/ Kaut Rosen and COL first. I’d expect AZ pick to be 20-24 compared to COL pick. This would all be so much easier if Shero would just tell us what teams are offering so we could shame them.

Reactions: Unknown Caller

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015

maybe we could get Dobson+ in a hall deal? Friedman mentioned how isles are looking for offense but not sure if that means hall specifically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad