Rumor: Taylor Hall Short-Term Deal with Avalanche is Being Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Do people really think contracts get hammered out in 2 hours when free agency opens? Tampering happens all the time. In this case it doesn't really matter because no one's interfering with the Coyotes chances of re-signing him

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
Yeah this is impossible.

Teams aren’t even allowed to talk to players yet so how is the deal “almost finalized”

He’s throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks

I know it's improbable, but before the last two years(negotiations period) , we have had multiple players signings happening in the first few minutes, how do you explain that?

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Same way lundqvist to caps seems imminent, I don’t buy this still though.
Lundqvist is different...he can't sign but he can talk as he was bought out so has no theoretical contract right now and the Rangers do not own his rights anymore.
Hall does...Arizona owns his rights until midnight

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Teams talk to agents all the time leading up to free agency. There are alot of creative ways to discuss things. It's been going on for years. Nobody really questioned it before that 5 day window(or whatever it was) was open yet when u think back, it seemed bizzare players would sign massive contracts the minute it turned July 1st free agent time... so obviously there was some sneaky planning going on

It has always happened and it always will happen

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Lundqvist was bought out, so he is officially a free agent and allowed to talk to anyone.

Hall is technically still a Coyote until free agency opens up.

True enough, just highly doubt sakic is tampering with anything, probably just a bogus source hoping to break some news haha

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Guys this was tweeted 13 hours ago. Friedman and Lebrun would've said something about it right now. I say not legit

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Also, didn't Friedman say Colorado wants to focus on their own players right now?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I know it's improbable, but before the last two years(negotiations period) , we have had multiple players signings happening in the first few minutes, how do you explain that?

There was a period where teams could talk to ufas before free agency that they just got rid of.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
The agent could have simply said, “Hey Taylor and I think that he’s worth at least a one year, 8-9 million contract,” and Sakic saying, “yeah we think he’s worth that too, but let’s discuss it further once Free Agency opens up.” There’s plenty of ways to get around the whole ‘tampering’ thing that smart agents and GMs use all the time.

It could also be his agent leaking misinformation to try to get more lucrative offers once Free Agency opens up.

I’m not saying this is ‘for sure’ and that’s why it’s tagged as a Rumor.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
While I don't agree this is true, how do we know Arizona hasn't given Colorado permission to talk to Hall? Teams do that often when they have no chance or intention of signing a player.
Buffalo has allowed Simmonds to talk to teams since last week..

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
This guy is shooting his shot. If it hits then he achieves insider status and Twitter clout.

If it misses then he goes back to tweeting about whatever he did before.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad