Taylor Hall played with torn hand ligaments since December

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The Devils announced that Hall underwent successful hand surgery on April 30th to repair torn ligaments in his left hand, and is expected to be back in time for camp. Link

Apparently he was injured in mid/late December. This means everything he did in calendar year 2018, including his 26 game point streak, was done with an injured shooting hand.

I know the Hart voting is done and counted, but does this change your opinion at all?

Reactions: SotasicA

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
No. likely every one has played with some sort of injury or collection of injuries. might not be equal severity of course.

Reactions: AnimalFear

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Hall has always been a tough guy who plays through injuries but this doesn't affect my opinion on the MVP voting regardless of the injury. Plenty of players play hurt (Ie. Karlsson last year/McDavid had such a bad infection he lost 5-10 pounds 1st half of the season etc.). Definitely makes him look great infront of his teammates/fans/coaches/players around the league though.

Reactions: MakoSlade

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Doesn't change my opinion, but makes it all that more impressive.

I've always thought he had top 10 player potential, and he showed it this year.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Oiler fans knew what we were giving up.
EVERY team was offered Hall for their best RH Dman, and 29 teams collectively said NOPE.

Still, Hart Trophy or not, nobody can name a better RHD that their teams would trade for him.
:/

Will Columbus trade Hall for Seth Jones? Nope.
Would St.Louis trade Hall for Pietrangelo? Nope.
Ekblad? Not in this lifetime

The Oilers were running 5x Lefthanded Dmen and were getting reamed night after night.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
For me it does, had one of those once upon a time. It's harder than it sounds. I'd just be even more amazed to see what he could pull off next season.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Thats crazy, tore some muscle in my hand. No idea how or what but it hurt pretty bad. Cant imagine playing hockey for 5 months like that

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It's really worrying to see how hurt all of these guys are. I am pretty sure Blake Wheeler is playing through a broken everything right now.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Oiler fans knew what we were giving up.
EVERY team was offered Hall for their best RH Dman, and 29 teams collectively said NOPE.

I feel like this isn't brought up enough. I mean, it's easy to rip on Chiarelli for the Hall-Larsson trade, but if the return was really as bad as most posters claim, where the hell were the 28 other GM's?? Surely they could have offered something more attractive for a future Hart candidate.

.... or maybe not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad