Taylor Hall is your Hart Trophy winner

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
People saying Hall can't be MVP need to look up the definition what MVP means. He is leading the team in scoring by bloody 42 points.

Voracek without Giroux:
39 points in 45 games (71 point pace)
21 ES points (38 point pace)
Points per 60: 2.74
Corsi: 49.88%
Corsi Rel: -3
So you are saying he would still have 20 more points than anyone not named Taylor Hall on the Devils? Pretty much makes Hall's case more obvious, doesn't it?

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This makes no sense whatsoever, please explain why it matters what the seed of a team is in relation to how valuable a player is to that team

Because who cares about a player making you a 7th seed instead of a 10th. You should be MVP because you sneak your team into the play-offs? Garbage.

Malkin, Kucherov, Marchand...Ovechkin...Giroux....All better choices...if you are going to vote for bottom seed teams then Nathan MacKinnon over Hall every day of the week.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Because who cares about a player making you a 7th seed instead of a 10th. You should be MVP because you sneak your team into the play-offs? Garbage.

Malkin, Kucherov, Marchand...Ovechkin...Giroux....All better choices...if you are going to vote for bottom seed teams then Nathan MacKinnon over Hall every day of the week.
Lmao who cares about 7th or 10th, its just the difference of playoffs or no playoffs

Glad you arent a player or coach

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

Oh, I dunno, because a 7th seed gets you a shot at winning the cup and the 10th a shot at winning the lottery?

And you're really not thinking this through, you're saying the talent level of your team should play a factor if you win the Hart. That's nonsense.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No your understanding of the award is simply wrong

I mean, if you want to get technical, the understanding of the Hart on all of HF is just wrong. People read way too much into a definition that isn't accurate for how the Hart is actually voted on.

The Hart is voted on as if it's awarded for "the most outstanding player on a playoff team", that's just how it has been voted on. People cling to the definition to say a guy that won't win the Hart deserves the Hart.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Oh, I dunno, because a 7th seed gets you a shot at winning the cup and the 10th a shot at winning the lottery?

And you're really not thinking this through, you're saying the talent level of your team should play a factor if you win the Hart. That's nonsense.

Then why don't more bottom seeds win it year in and year out?

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site

Based on your criteria, why would Giroux make a better choice than Hall given that their teams are virtually tied in points?

Also, why MacKinnon over Hall?

Seems like you just don’t like Hall

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I mean, if you want to get technical, the understanding of the Hart on all of HF is just wrong. People read way too much into a definition that isn't accurate for how the Hart is actually voted on.

The Hart is voted on as if it's awarded for "the most outstanding player on a playoff team", that's just how it has been voted on. People cling to the definition to say a guy that won't win the Hart deserves the Hart.

I mean, if you can't go on the literal, word for word definition of something, what can you go on? :laugh: Might as well not have any definition. Or at least change it to "Most outstanding player on a top 5 team in the league."

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, btw. I agree 100%. And it's stupid.

Based on your criteria, why would Giroux make a better choice than Hall given that their teams are virtually tied in points?

Also, why MacKinnon over Hall?

Seems like you just don’t like Hall

There are very valid arguments for several players. But there does seem to be a vendetta here doesn't there? Giroux's team is actually behind Hall's right now, but he is a much better choice? :laugh:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It's official, you have no clue. Not trying to be a dick but 1) if the Hart matters on who wins the cup, then why vote for it at the end of the regular season? 2) That's what the Conn Smythe is for

Who the f*** said the Hart is voted on who wins the cup. I merely said the Hart winners generally come from the best teams. I figured you understood it meant regular season Einstein.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Reason why Taylor Hall deserves it , during most important stretch drive of the season Hall goes on another 9game scoring streak bringing his A game every night and helping with winning most important games of the season.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Who the **** said the Hart is voted on who wins the cup. I merely said the Hart winners generally come from the best teams. I figured you understood it meant regular season Einstein.
I haven't understood a thing you said because you're back and forth, first you said it "shouldn't" happen and now that's different, and then it matters the team he is on and where they finish - which in a sense I agree with if say you finish in last, but that's not the case here, but anyway you're all over the place bro.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I haven't understood a thing you said because you're back and forth, first you said it "shouldn't" happen and now that's different, and then it matters the team he is on and where they finish - which in a sense I agree with if say you finish in last, but that's not the case here, but anyway you're all over the place bro.

Ok agree to disagree. I hate trying to take away from great players in these kinds of debates anyways.

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad